Fishing and Del Perro Pier

Alyssa McCarthy

55 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

The waters are exempt from the magical "jurisdiction lines" we have, just an FYI. SAPR Marine Units can go to any open body of water (including rivers) in the state without limits. Obviously not including Vinewood Lake & Mirror Park Pond.

So to restrict fishing to the county only really makes no sense if the "goal" is to "give SAPR more RP in regards to Marine & fishing RP" since we already have full capacity to go into the city water areas to conduct marine wildlife enforcement & general marine law enforcement (if the need arises) as it is.

TL;DR, SAPR Marine has juri of all the open waters in the state, so restricting fishing for the purpose of giving us "more RP" makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

CKBpW3x.png

Don't take my word for it, that's the intent of the hot-spots as stated in the original thread (possibly to avoid having Park Rangers sailing too far south, regardless of where their jurisdiction applies, to avoid having  their members spread across the entire map through a proliferation of tugboats near the city). It's also a way to make the county busier by removing the main spot the city had for rod fishing and keeping the one sitting at one of the most highly SAPR-patrolled areas (the famous "fishing spot").

I don't mind the county having better fish, but if people want to fish in the city, let them fish.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, PeopleKind said:

The waters are exempt from the magical "jurisdiction lines" we have, just an FYI. SAPR Marine Units can go to any open body of water (including rivers) in the state without limits. Obviously not including Vinewood Lake & Mirror Park Pond.

So to restrict fishing to the county only really makes no sense if the "goal" is to "give SAPR more RP in regards to Marine & fishing RP" since we already have full capacity to go into the city water areas to conduct marine wildlife enforcement & general marine law enforcement (if the need arises) as it is.

TL;DR, SAPR Marine has juri of all the open waters in the state, so restricting fishing for the purpose of giving us "more RP" makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

The alternative would make less sense, though. It's already frowned upon to drive from LS to the county or vice-versa just to do a specific activity, since that would be a pretty long journey in real life. Therefore, it makes even less sense to not drive, but sail from Paleto to Los Santos just so that you can watch the water for people who are fishing in or right outside the port or beach. I don't know if that happens in real life or not, although I suppose it doesn't, but that would defeat the purpose of the hot-spots, which is to help people gather and interact in the county and give some life to county role-playing.

• Wuhtah locked this topic