Skateboarding script

fivexfiver

The video isn't great but that wasn't the point of this post 馃檪聽It's showing that it's doable and the script creator does say that they are willing to work with the server to make it work how they like.

He's also trying to show case how funny it is when you fall off and that you actually need to have some skill to not wipe out, like real skateboard.聽

I also feel like the quality of the script is on par with some of the other great scripts that have been added to the server. They may need tweaks and could be improved over time but they still add something new and fun to the server.

Edited by fivexfiver
2 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

*strolls in*

"cuh run yo pockets"

*evades police skating*

Apart from this little joke, the script doesn't look that good ngl, and I just don't see this being a positive change for the server

We have enough with bmx people

We have "enough bmx people" because there is literally 0 diversity. All people have is bikes, and if you are roleplaying a character with an interest in skateboard tricks using the BMX is the closest you'll get to that aesthetic.

5 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

*strolls in*

"cuh run yo pockets"

*evades police skating*

Apart from this little joke, the script doesn't look that good ngl, and I just don't see this being a positive change for the server

We have enough with bmx people

We have enough cops. We have enough gangbangers. We have enough X.

Los Santos is based on California, one of the mechas of skating culture and something that is rarely RPed due to the lack of skateboard - and it's a shame because skating is a huge part of life in Cali where skateboarding was invented.

I've been in the skater RP scene for years, BMX is the alternative we have to use and just being able to ride a board around at 10 mph without any fancy additional stuff would do wonders for the skater RPers. (and hopefully bring more characters into the circle). Add in a basic ollie and you literally change the entire identity that current skater RP is based on and we'll finally see the skateparks inhabited by civilians rather than taken over by Neo Nazi RPers.

With some heavy tweaks, this has my full support.聽

Edited by lux
  • Applaud 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, lux said:

Los Santos is based on California, one of the mechas of skating culture and something that is rarely RPed due to the lack of skateboard - and it's a shame because skating is a huge part of life in Cali where skateboarding was invented.

I've been in the skater RP scene for years, BMX is the alternative we have to use and just being able to ride a board around at 10 mph without any fancy additional stuff would do wonders for the skater RPers. (and hopefully bring more characters into the circle). Add in a basic ollie and you literally change the entire identity that current skater RP is based on and we'll finally see the skateparks inhabited by civilians rather than taken over by Neo Nazi RPers.

With some heavy tweaks, this has my full support.聽

I can't agree with this more. Even in a shoddy state, that doesn't mean it couldn't continue to be worked on until it's decent. LS culture is desperately missing a core piece of the puzzle, and it feels like even a sketchy script could end up a net gain for the server, especially if it's worked on with the animation tool coming out.

• Kyra locked this topic