Why do admins get to have their reports hidden if they break a rule?

joshua

15 minutes ago, Nervous said:

It should already be the case.

Staff reports for supposed to be for staff decisions, regular reports for regular player issues. Admins can also do mistakes as players. Unless I'm also mistaken as to how it's currently handled.

fair enough! although as fancy toothpaste did point out above, admins just seem to be enforcing what’s found on the staff report thread. i think it’d be a general positive change to have admins treated as regular players in reports except where abuse is involved with admin powers. which, if that’s how you intend it to be, perfect! 

with that clarified i guess this can be closed

I do think that there should be a level of transparency of at least releasing how many times an admin as been reported in the staff update. They are only humans and will make mistakes however, I do think the community should know as to why and how many times a staff member was reported. That's only right.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:16 AM, Fancy Toothpaste said:

As someone who reviews the reports section daily and reads alot of reports, staff immediate close reports on admins even if the reports only pertain to the staff-member's player conduct, opposed to their staff conduct. If that's not the intended prceedure of how these situations are to be handled, then it might be a miscommunication, but I've seen a number of reports that pertain only to a staff member's player conduct be closed.

Within the Staff Report Information Section you posted it states: 

Reveal hidden contents

Staff reports are handled by the Staff Management team. This consists of the Head of Admins, the Head of Support and their assistants. 

A staff report can be made when a staff member:

• breaks a rule, whether it is an in-game, forum or Discord rule;

This implies that staff members are to be staff reported opposed to player reported if they break any in-game, forum, or discord rules that any other player may be subject to. I'm assuming this may be the reason why many player reports made on staff members are immediately closed, regardless of the contents of the report.

I believe There are a few reasons for this;

The first is because if the report involves an admin, only management can issue punishments to other admins otherwise that would create a whole slew of problems if a punishment ends up being wrongfully issued to an admin by one who's less experienced. There's a set procedure staff management follow. Also regular admins do not have access to staff records and may have no idea of any issues that have been discussed with management that may be relevant to the report. Said information is sensitive to the functionality of the admin, and staff management teams. Admins who aren't part of the staff management team, simply won't be experienced to make a non-bias decision.

1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

The first is because if the report involves an admin, only management can issue punishments to other admins otherwise that would create a whole slew of problems if a punishment ends up being wrongfully issued to an admin by one who's less experienced. There's a set procedure staff management follow. Also regular admins do not have access to staff records and may have no idea of any issues that have been discussed with management that may be relevant to the report. Said information is sensitive to the functionality of the admin, and staff management teams. Admins who aren't part of the staff management team, simply won't be experienced to make a non-bias decision.

None of this means it can’t be handled transparently in the regular player reports section, especially if they aren’t on duty at the time. The handling admin assigned can be one with the proper permissions to handle it. There are plenty of reports where evidence isn’t shared publicly but through PM’s to the handling admin. I see no reason to do different here. The sensitive information doesn’t have to be divulged but the outcome and punishment should remain public as they were a regular player at the time of the alleged rule break.

Edited by 99
6 hours ago, Moonsong said:

It's an issue of transparency, management can still handle it the same way albeit more publicly so players feel like the wheels of justice work on both sides of the aisle.

• Wuhtah locked this topic