Make it so we don't need to be a donator to block someone from pming us.

Fabulous

As someone who has experienced negativity from players in game recently, given the announcement made by @Nervous surrounding community values and toxicity, I support this one hundred percent.

I think that we need to do more to modify the PM/communication system in game to allow us to protect ourselves from in game harassment. A lot of problems/arguments in game are caused by people simply venting, which escalates and usually ends in one of three ways; a player gets punished in game, it gets taken to a forum report, or the argument fizzles off.

This, and other changes/additions to the in game /pm system need to come in sooner rather than later. It should be changed in such a way that doesn't allow people to /pm people and bait them, and then /blockpm them so they can't respond - perhaps put a timer on the /blockpm from the last PM sent. I get it that it's kind of counter-intuitive to the suggestion as a whole, but we need to be making solving problems among each other as a community without the need to involve an admin our priority, because that is how you build new and improve on existing community values.

Punishment can often cause resentment, we need to be given more tools to handle issues between ourselves, and a simple filtration/blocking system for /pm is a good start.

In theory?
I'm against blocking, obviously communication is the key to solve matters better.

In practice?

Sadly this is needed sometimes as not everyone can respect/detect where others' borders lie.

As for the rethorical why- lacking any serious reasoning in game design I am inclined to believe it's an anachronistic setup that was like this on a samp server I used to play on.

With blocking being a feature that arises ultimately way less than many others, I'd assume this simply slipped attention when overworking the paid-content-features of the server (indeed I too would first have removed actual pressing pw2 features such as car restrictions for donators, just in that behalf).

Infront of this background, I doubt anyone with active donator package purchased this to be able to block people (at least I didn't. And if someone did and constantly has to block people maybe they should be investigated imho).

I'd lose a feature I paid for but I couldn't care less, as this should be possible for anyone indeed.

• 6 months later...
  • Developer
23 hours ago, TotalDeeJay said:

Bumping this, as still can't believe it's behind a donator status 

But it's not behind a donator status?

And it hasn't been behind a donator status since the 24th of February...

Anyway, locked & archived.

edit: I noticed that it was never announced in the changelog, I will have that added in the latest log.

• Upvote 1