Context and Player Reports

Chuckles

One of the biggest things I have encountered in my travels is that admin decisions are very inconsistent. It definitely seems that a large number of the administration team are not singing from the same song sheet.

Outcomes to reports & admin situations are radically different depending on what admin takes your case and to be perfectly honest, I think it all boils down having a serious roleplaying background, it appears a lot of these admins come from light roleplay servers & that's okay, but there needs to be some sort of moderation on these guys with little roleplay experience especially when they handle reports. Maybe consider handing the less experienced admins reports in conjunction with a more experienced one - two brains is always better than one. 

Is there even a prerequisite criteria for joining the staff team? Just outta curiosity. 

Below is an example of what I'm taking about. I went ahead and blurred their name to avoid the admin from being singled out.

This is in regards to a situation that happened a couple of months ago where a member of my faction accidently killed someone because they looked identical to the guy they were after, they went to the same spot where they were called, the guy in question matched the description they were given and the guy was killed. It just so happens it wasn't the actual guy they were after. The whole situation had to voided because the admin was gonna jail everyone involved for something that happened IC when they should have faced the IC consequences. Again, this is something that happens in real life all the time. 'Wrong place, wrong time' is not just a movie trope. It's not like they killed a random guy and chalked it up to mistaken identify, they were clearly looking for someone who matched a particular description. 

This admin is a high level admin and if she/he believes that mistaken identify is an example of deathmatch, the rules need to be clearly defined.  

mistake.pngmistake2.png

I'm posting from my phone so everything is a little rough. I hope I'm not misunderstood, I'm not trying to single anyone out.

I just think the admin team has a real problem at the minute and it makes a lot of interactions tedious. It's not uncommon for me to call off certain situations out of fear of getting ajailed because an admin doesn't understand or appreciate the situation at hand but that being said, it's not all admins. I'm not prepared to write admin report after admin report, it's just not something I'm interested in. 

But it's a few admins and it shows. This is a topic I have talked over with a lot of other players and we all seem to be under some sort of agreement. 

Edited by Adkins
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2

1) No, this is not required. Reports have to be handled based on RULES and general RP experience. You follow the rules, and you apply them. There's nothing about the "experience" in a certain aspect behind a report. You just need to know all the rules in the server and know what RP really is.

2) IFM is slow, bad and it has to be completely reworked. This is the main reason Illegal RP is bad, ONLY and just because of them.

3) Firing terrible admins, we have some, and hiring new ones with big knowledge of the rules and roleplay in general. Completely reworking the IFM. With the actual IFM, server is going to die.

Edited by GambloTwitch
8 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

1) No, this is not required. Reports have to be handled based on RULES and general RP experience. You follow the rules, and you apply them. There's nothing about the "experience" in a certain aspect behind a report. You just need to know all the rules in the server and know what RP really is.

2) IFM is slow, bad and it has to be completely reworked. This is the main reason Illegal RP is bad, ONLY and just because of them.

3) Firing terrible admins, we have some, and hiring new ones with big knowledge of the rules and roleplay in general. Completely reworking the IFM. With the actual IFM, server is going to die.

I agree , I think staff didn’t really care much about improving IFM, because there was no threat . Now that lsrp move to ragemp and it’s releasing in Q4 of this year. Yeah server may drop in numbers . Is that a bad thing ? Not really because there can be improvement , I think competition is what this server needs to improve and become better. 

2 hours ago, Adkins said:

One of the biggest things I have encountered in my travels is that admin decisions are very inconsistent. It definitely seems that a large number of the administration team are not singing from the same song sheet.

Outcomes to reports & admin situations are radically different depending on what admin takes your case and to be perfectly honest, I think it all boils down having a serious roleplaying background, it appears a lot of these admins come from light roleplay servers & that's okay, but there needs to be some sort of moderation on these guys with little roleplay experience especially when they handle reports. Maybe consider handing the less experienced admins reports in conjunction with a more experienced one - two brains is always better than one. 

Is there even a prerequisite criteria for joining the staff team? Just outta curiosity. 

Below is an example of what I'm taking about. I went ahead and blurred their name to avoid the admin from being singled out.

This is in regards to a situation that happened a couple of months ago where a member of my faction accidently killed someone because they looked identical to the guy they were after, they went to the same spot where they were called, the guy in question matched the description they were given and the guy was killed. It just so happens it wasn't the actual guy they were after. The whole situation had to voided because the admin was gonna jail everyone involved for something that happened IC when they should have faced the IC consequences. Again, this is something that happens in real life all the time. 'Wrong place, wrong time' is not just a movie trope. It's not like they killed a random guy and chalked it up to mistaken identify, they were clearly looking for someone who matched a particular description. 

This admin is a high level admin and if she/he believes that mistaken identify is an example of deathmatch, the rules need to be clearly defined.  

mistake.pngmistake2.png

I'm posting from my phone so everything is a little rough. I hope I'm not misunderstood, I'm not trying to single anyone out.

I just think the admin team has a real problem at the minute and it makes a lot of interactions tedious. It's not uncommon for me to call off certain situations out of fear of getting ajailed because an admin doesn't understand or appreciate the situation at hand but that being said, it's not all admins. I'm not prepared to write admin report after admin report, it's just not something I'm interested in. 

But it's a few admins and it shows. This is a topic I have talked over with a lot of other players and we all seem to be under some sort of agreement. 

A ginormous problem and one in which I wholeheartedly agree.

27 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

IFM doesn’t even try to hide there corruption anymore. Maybe because it’s from my mouth people don’t want to hear it, but others are clearly saying it to.

Speaking from the experience of someone who has very, very limited experience with illegal RP, all I hear from the outside looking in is about how poor illegal faction management is, from the people who regularly participate in illegal RP.  It's made the prospect of getting involved with illegal RP kind of unappealing, so thus far I haven't really delved into it because I don't want to deal with those issues.

Again, no direct experience- but it's has it's own implications and I feel I'm probably not the only one who doesn't want to get into illegal RP based on this.

(edit: i should add i agree on the first point and i support getting help where its needed for this issue)

Edited by Sentryzu
posted
  • Upvote 1

I think there is too much reliance on "rules" and not enough perspective or situations handled contextually. I think a lack of experience plays a huge part in this but while the terrain of the server is more legal-based, I think there should be a lot more open-mindedness when dealing with their counterparts. This topic is not geared towards people being bad at their job or about how they're unfit, it's more calculated around tolerance and receptiveness. I know from my perspective I avoid any admin interaction because of the mindset that's become somewhat synonymous with them.

I feel that the IFM's efforts are cancelled out by a lot of the decisions made by the average administrator. Someone mentioned above that the answer is "more admins, more recruitment" but this is the exact opposite of what we need. We don't need quantity, we need quality and I think that the administrators within IFM should be given more discretion and maybe even consult their correlatives when dealing with reports of these natures. I don't want to list specific examples in the thread because I don't want this to be positioned on certain people or cases at times I see the conclusion of a report and think "how is this person in a position of influence?"

I think poor escalation's played on a lot and its overuse has become somewhat of a tool and a blanket to protect people from repercussions. But I think I can speak for the majority of us when I say that it's getting harder and harder to bite the bullet. I think there is also a level of complacency circulating the environment which makes advocacy a lot easier.

Edited by Chuckles
10 hours ago, Helm said:

You don't need experience doing any type of roleplay to understand the rules, and what is or is not against those rules.

This is just not true. You have to determine every rule break based on how realistic the situation is. Admins usually base their conclusions like this: “It isn’t realistic for you to do this, hence I give you a [punishment] for [rule break]. Whilst it may not be realistic at times, there are some situations where it actually is realistic, yet admin doesn’t have any experience towards it.

I think there’s a bigger problem to this. There are some admins who take forum reports when they are in the same faction. For example, if an LAPD character is reported, there’ll be cases where an LAPD character based admin takes the report. Whilst it may look nothing wrong with it at first, it begs to question if the report to start with is fair on the illegal role player. An easy fix’ll be, if you are an admin who role plays on the reported side of the faction, don’t take the report.

We need to restructure IFM. Current IFM lacks objectivity and does whatever they deem suitable without considering consequences. I still remember when Shanks made his own faction a couple of months ago alongside with other IFM members, but the group tuned into a DM faction with no proper development in under a week. They were even uploading DM compilations of them killing bunch of cops. Things went unnoticed though as there was no one above them to punish them. After their DM spree, they just went inactive and Shanks transferred the first post of the faction thread to someone else. I'm not saying Shanks did the DM part, but him and others definitely decided to overlook it. 

The whole illegal scene suffers from IFM's incompetence, that's why there are countless bodies laying around every night.

Edited by sCrax
46 minutes ago, Murat said:

This is just not true. You have to determine every rule break based on how realistic the situation is. Admins usually base their conclusions like this: “It isn’t realistic for you to do this, hence I give you a [punishment] for [rule break]. Whilst it may not be realistic at times, there are some situations where it actually is realistic, yet admin doesn’t have any experience towards it.

I think there’s a bigger problem to this. There are some admins who take forum reports when they are in the same faction. For example, if an LAPD character is reported, there’ll be cases where an LAPD character based admin takes the report. Whilst it may look nothing wrong with it at first, it begs to question if the report to start with is fair on the illegal role player. An easy fix’ll be, if you are an admin who role plays on the reported side of the faction, don’t take the report.

Admins cant handle reports if the reported party is in the same faction. This has been a rule forever so I'm not sure what you mean.

• Wuhtah locked this topic