Context and Player Reports

Chuckles

Now, don't get my wrong I understand how overwhelming reports can be. And I also understand that around 90% of the reports on this server are handled by administrators with little to no understanding of illegal roleplay. Before I even elaborate, I'd like to see how much of the community are in agreement with this. And if they are in agreement that 5 FM admins over a community of 500+ active players is enough. I for one notice that we are losing players to other communities and I understand why. The elaboration on reports, the justification and the context behind them have led me to this point. Also keep in mind that I have never been reported, never been in trouble and never considered going anywhere else.

1) Do you think administrators should have experience in the genre before handling a report?

2) Do you feel that IFM are overwhelmed and understaffed?

3) How can we fix this?

Edited by Chuckles
  • Upvote 6
7 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

1) Do you think administrators should have experience in the genre before handling a report?

3) How can we fix this?

1. Yes, absolutely. A staff member that has never ever made a proper illegal character and joined an illegal faction should definitely not be handling reports regarding illegal factions and how they're handled or portrayed.

2. Yes, absolutely, that's because the illegal community is a complete shitfest caused by a lack of IFM members which scares the admins away.

3. More staff that has played in an illegal faction in the last 12 months.

You don't need experience doing any type of roleplay to understand the rules, and what is or is not against those rules.

Admins in general are overwhelmed, and understaffed - not just IFM.

You fix it by recruiting more admins more often.

You definitely don't fix it by adding yet another bottleneck to the handling of reports and requiring an arbitrary amount of experience in a certain type of roleplay to handle reports on characters in that niche.

4 minutes ago, Sim said:

1. Yes, absolutely. A staff member that has never ever made a proper illegal character and joined an illegal faction should definitely not be handling reports regarding illegal factions and how they're handled or portrayed.

2. Yes, absolutely, that's because the illegal community is a complete shitfest caused by a lack of IFM members which scares the admins away.

3. More staff that has played in an illegal faction in the last 12 months.

I agree with my bro on this. I hope we'll find a solution, together.

11 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

3) How can we fix this?

1) Yes, of course. I've encountered an admin before in this server who handled my report who doesn't seem to know how to properly evaluate a situation, that he/she had to consult with the other admins if his/her verdict is correct. 

2) Yes, absolutely. I don't really have a problem with the current IFM team, but with all of the factions that are currently around. I think it's too much for them to handle, if we will have more IFM members who actually knows how illegal roleplay works? It'll improve drastically the illegal scene of the server.

3) Put more people in IFM that actually knows  how illegal-roleplay works. 

1-3

I only reported someone once. I don't really care.

In the end it's just a game, if I am deathmatched, I will just respawn and that's it.

Why do I do this? Cause I seen some reports sitting there untouched for months.

Then nobody will refund me back time lost during poor roleplay, so why?

Majority of reports I seen so far, are poor escalations done by self-inserts who are not even here to roleplay.

Server doesn't need such players.

Edited by Engelbert
20 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

3) How can we fix this?

1. Yes, although I think more important then having admins be experts or well versed is pushing for staff to be more open and honest about the things they don't know and promote admins to seek out help from other admins and players in the community on those subjects. 

2. Are they overwhelmed? I don't think so. We have an IFM team right now that I'd consider pretty fair objectively and are decent at what they do, they just take a minute to do so. I do think the team should definitely be expanded but it's important to me that the right people are on that team, not just admins who have some form of experience or knowledge in illegal RP. IFM is just a team with so much influence, speaking from experience one bad egg can cause players serious headaches.

3. I think the staff team needs to focus more on promoting people on the quality of work they are doing, not just how long they've been on the team. While obviously this is probably how they already work. Something must not be working because as a community member it sometimes feels like the opposite. Not trying to call anybody out, just expressing how it's seen from a community members prospective. 

IFM should add in more experienced members in their roster. I do not wish to point fingers at certain decisions, but there are some really questionable ones. It takes one scroll away to identify certain official factions that should have not gotten there in the first place. Now, I do not want to discredit certain factions that have put in the work and whatnot, but filtering it through objective criteria, you can not come up with a decent reason of why that certain faction is still official/got official (leaving aside that GTA World does not have the "screenshot culture" incorporated as LSRP had). Let me clear the air: I do not wish GTA World to have similarities to LSRP in its structure or orientation, but at the same time I can't close my eyes to certain role play screenshots shown by official factions that show sub par role play or totally unrealistic portrayal of that said faction. Or that a faction which just recently reopened got its official status without questioning its activity, player base etcetera. Or how certain factions are somewhat privileged and obtain the official status way sooner even though they brought nothing new to the table. Overall, my suggestion would be to make room for experienced illegal role players to join IFM and improve it. 

This is my take on the current IFM and how I see it from an external point of view. I might be wrong or I might not know the whole process IFM applies on up-coming official factions, however, you don't need a PhD to recognize unrealistic/ poorly portrayed factions. 

nota bene: I was part of LSRP's Faction Management for more than a year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

There is no personal association to this and my account. From looking into certain reports and scrutinizing answers I have noticed that certain "answers" have been dialogued as poor escalation or prepossessed for the sheer fact of a green name. Now, I don't like to dissect things and I even hate to pick holes in arguments that have valid responses. But believe it or not, regardless of personal belief, it should be a mediation of minds. Personally, I believe there is a lack of dialogue and communication between not only IFM and its illegal roleplayers but in the server as a whole.

Edited by Chuckles
  • Wuhtah locked this topic