what is illegal rp missing?

ZaE

Might be a little biased considering my involvement but I really enjoy what the Ruff Ryders provided for illegal RPers before it tanked, primarily for characters in south-central. It bridged the gap between 24/7 illegal shit and more passive RP offering something that was technically legal while also being rooted in the streets so gangbangers and the like could be involved in something that made sense for their characters and not something they'd consider square, crawling nightclubs in Rockford as an example. 

Mini Ruff Ryder Content Dump:

Spoiler

l9eRFqK.gif

sfChQik.gif

QXpDcr0.jpg

Sounds stupid on paper but Illegal RP is missing meaningful and collaborative legal RP, RP that bridges the gap between both styles of play.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, peasoup said:

Plea deals and snitching?

I have NEVER seen an illegal RPer give up their friends for lowered charges. NEVER.

Everyone's a hardened criminal who doesn't fear prison and takes the full charge ( mostly because the jail sentences here are a joke. Of course no one will give up their friends to get rid of a 2 hour charge ).

Edited by averycoolguy
3 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

I have NEVER seen an illegal RPer give up their friends for lowered charges. NEVER.

Everyone's a hardened criminal who doesn't fear prison and takes the full charge ( mostly because the jail sentences here are a joke. Of course no one will give up their friends to get rid of a 2 hour charge ).

And yet irl mention lowered charges and many gangsters gladly give up their friends. That aside, criminal rp, especially gang rp lacks roleplay. Like not every gang, but many.

10 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Might be a little biased considering my involvement but I really enjoy what the Ruff Ryders provided for illegal RPers before it tanked, primarily for characters in south-central. It bridged the gap between 24/7 illegal shit and more passive RP offering something that was technically legal while also being rooted in the streets so gangbangers and the like could be involved in something that made sense for their characters and not something they'd consider square, crawling nightclubs in Rockford as an example. 

Mini Ruff Ryder Content Dump:

Hide contents

l9eRFqK.gif

sfChQik.gif

QXpDcr0.jpg

Sounds stupid on paper but Illegal RP is missing meaningful and collaborative legal RP, RP that bridges the gap between both styles of play.

Absolutely. I play the part of primarily a civilian orbiting around and in the illegal sphere in K-Town and acting as one of the older people around keeping order, and in a recent meeting IC I made it a point that all teens in the neighborhood that wanted to "be involved" needed to be providing for the community by having a day job in the neighborhood (thus staffing local businesses and encouraging openings), or going to school or otherwise face not being included in any illegal dealings, to avoid having everyone just "posted up" in a neighborhood like Little Seoul where it makes no sense.

This is particularly important for younger characters, when it becomes dissonant to see how they can just be loitering around like any jobless adult without any concern about what family thinks or if they'd even have Social Workers involved in their life at that level of disconnect from their responsibilities.

9 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

They don't snitch voluntarily because they are not nudged to do it. Nobody ever tried to give me a deal where I would snitch on my drug/gun supplier when I got caught with such items. Nobody even interrogated me when they picked me up on whatever charge. They just loaded me into a cruiser and transported me straight to the pen. 

I bet that there would be a lot more people willing to snitch if they were actually offered some kind of deal in exchange in the first place.

• Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, sCrax said:

They don't snitch voluntarily because they are not nudged to do it. Nobody ever tried to give me a deal where I would snitch on my drug/gun supplier when I got caught with such items. Nobody even interrogated me when they picked me up on whatever charge. They just loaded me into a cruiser and transported me straight to the pen. 

I bet that there would be a lot more people willing to snitch if they were actually offered some kind of deal in exchange in the first place.

I can attest to this. Even last time my character was arrested (in a very weird and complex police scene) there was no interrogation and everyone was slapped with the same charge without investigation of the circumstances. I'm sure some degree of deals occurs at some point but for now a lot of the processing of a criminal is just slapping charges on the spot and take to jail now, ask questions later.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:49 AM, sCrax said:

I indeed heard someone talk to me about the same thing. They expected to be offered a deal but nothing. I have another friend who literally wanted to RP that and they basically told him no chance. He wanted to give up a whole operation and many people involved. We need more of that.

Less shooting overall and more long term RP would be nice. It's annoying for PD/SD to show up to a body & casings scene which is pretty much a dead end.

An example of long term rp:

• Arson against your rival's properties
  • Kidnapping your rival's friends or family as leverage against them
  • Giving your rival false intelligence which leads to them botching a robbery
  • Good old fashion brawls
  • Holding up their businesses

Basically, killing should be a last resort but from my perspective as both PD and an admin, it's often a 1st resort with people often claiming PK war as an excuse to DM (trust me, that's the quickest way to get ajailed/banned).

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
45 minutes ago, Tickle said:

I indeed heard someone talk to me about the same thing. They expected to be offered a deal but nothing. I have another friend who literally wanted to RP that and they basically told him no chance. He wanted to give up a whole operation and many people involved. We need more of that.

Exactly, same thing happened to me. I wanted to RP a snitch but they told me that there isn't anyone interested in my information.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic