what is illegal rp missing?

ZaE

4 minutes ago, getmoney said:

every war being a mandated ck war would be too much work on IFM. What people are saying about jumping to shooting and only PKs is pretty much non existent in facs under the black car since we oocly agree to only take CKs, meaning every death gets roleplayed with a candle light, funeral, ect. And people are more weary of their actions.

This can only happen by choice, IFM cant force every fac into CK wars or itd be too much work and reports. If more facs started being cool with eachother on ooc terms and communicating like black car facs do, PKs would need a rework

I don't think mandatory CKs is the way either, it's another extreme that would kill that sort of RP in general, but right now you can feel the carelessness with which people kill or put themselves in the line of fire when they know they'll be taking a PK. I've seen whole scenes go mute (perpetrators included) when what they thought was gonna be a PK became the CK of a well-liked character for the sake of RP. It just speaks to how people approach the IC mentality behind killing when they subconsciously know it's probably not for realsies.

It's hard to find a solution that doesn't tip the balance either way, and I sure as hell don't have one.

20 minutes ago, Koko said:

I don't think mandatory CKs is the way either, it's another extreme that would kill that sort of RP in general, but right now you can feel the carelessness with which people kill or put themselves in the line of fire when they know they'll be taking a PK. I've seen whole scenes go mute (perpetrators included) when what they thought was gonna be a PK became the CK of a well-liked character for the sake of RP. It just speaks to how people approach the IC mentality behind killing when they subconsciously know it's probably not for realsies.

It's hard to find a solution that doesn't tip the balance either way, and I sure as hell don't have one.

when the CKs are agreed to and not mandatory it promotes rp not kills it. People go back and forth fist fighting, tagging walls, robbing eachother, ect until someone gets shot after weeks of rp and since its a CK theres rp around candle lights and funerals built around it for weeks/months after the CK, most facs even make mods like t-shirts for the deceased members. 

What i just said above can only work if both factions like eachother on an OOC basis though, and make their own agreements with eachother, if ur on bad terms with people oocly ull always be bending rules, going for kills instead of rp but following RoE so admins cant complain. The only solution is for people to communicate OOC and keep any beef in-character.

People over 25.

Plus gotta mention the fact that most of the players behind it have literally 0 idea how organized crime works outside of podcasts and documentaries. Not their fault, but it's just pretty incomprehensible a lot of the time.

Edited by EMC

Inside policing. Most of the bad criminals that get caught and cause increased LEO presence are unaffiliated. Why aren't the gangs policing those poor criminals that draw more attention to the territory of the gangs, meaning they have less leeway to act?

As for what I noticed, myself, I see a lot of 15 year olds that try to slug it out with adult men in peak physical shape, or can somehow go 1 for 1 in a sprint with said men. There's no way a teenage kid can drive, shoot or run like most criminals on this server do.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Lace code originated in England and has always been identified as British skinhead culture along side the entire skinhead culture itself, it was only in and around the 80s when Americans coined their own skinhead far right groups/organizations turned gangs which progressed from their creation to what they are today, think the Hammerskin Nation and their bands or the White Aryan Resistance as a more extreme example.

Actual lace code is dead, you're not gonna find groups/gangs of racists rocking red laces and docs in modern day California to show their alliance unless they're doing it for the novelty of a group photo/protest or trying to cause a scene at a punk show knowing their laces will lead to confrontation by the extremely niche knowledge punks hardcore in to the culture have regarding colors.

The recent IC Luftwaffe concert was super cool to see because it's maybe the only place where realistically you'd see people decked out in proper skinhead gear -- suspenders, red laces, shirtless, novelty Nazi gear, etc -- so I commend all the people that worked on that because hey, it's legit and I loved the RP that followed, I just don't like seeing white gangsters that IRL look like this:

unknown.png

Portrayed like this:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Thankfully the majority of white faction RP -- like all factions -- is fine despite the bad apples but it's always been a little grating seeing people interjecting with walls of American Peckerwood/Nazi history and casefiles to show how knowable they are on portrayal and what America is like because these stupid europeans/bwitish people don't understand America but portray the most stereotypical edge-lord cool guy Derek Vinyard-like characters they can like they're not on the same level of RP and portrayal as every other faction/circle on the server. I think we're all equally shit here. 

I thought that you were referring to the concert when you were mocking people for wearing red laces. Thank you for clarifying that you thought the look was good on that occasion.

I'm not arguing whether skinhead culture originated in Britain or not - it did, but, as you've also now said, it's not exclusive to 1970s Britain.  

Replying to specific points with specific case law might be grating, but it's probably less grating than arguing sweepingly and without evidence. I use references because I don't know everything and want to refer to sources more reliable than me. 

Lots of us are varying degrees of shit but as long as we're willing to learn it's okay. 

18 hours ago, Vassilios said:

People should try to roleplay more and pretend like they're in the wild west less. Instead of killing each-other every other day, why don't y'all just beat up each-other/scam/rob or whatever else and create more lasting roleplay? When you kill someone any RP you've done pretty much ends.

This.

Illegal roleplay misses unique characters with proper development. People make the same characters over and over, 16 years old stone-cold colorbanging gangbangers that already got 10 bodies. 

What is more, stop acting rich after you sell an eight-ball of coke. You wouldn't just buy a newest car at 16 after slanging a few grams of dope on your corner. (Also don't say: "It's my mom's car foo, she lets me use it".) Go fully through character development, come up with unique concepts and implement more civilian roleplay into your game. Gangbangers are people like the rest of us, most of them have a 9 to 5 job or they attend school, they have emotions, they have hobbies. Don't just stand around and expect being spoon-fed by others, create your own RP. 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:52 AM, averycoolguy said:

As for what I noticed, myself, I see a lot of 15 year olds that try to slug it out with adult men in peak physical shape, or can somehow go 1 for 1 in a sprint with said men. There's no way a teenage kid can drive, shoot or run like most criminals on this server do.

Also this. ^

And we need to crack down the constant shootings that occur every day. In real scenarios, people tend to solve their problems with fists more often than with gunplay. Your character would have emotions and would not take killing someone lightly.

Edited by sCrax
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic