what is illegal rp missing?

ZaE

People should try to roleplay more and pretend like they're in the wild west less. Instead of killing each-other every other day, why don't y'all just beat up each-other/scam/rob or whatever else and create more lasting roleplay? When you kill someone any RP you've done pretty much ends.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
17 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

shoutout players RP'ing lace code like we're in 1970s britain

ere lad you got a license for them red laces?

fd1bf633b1ac07103207b4b9eb9a8baf.jpg

https://casetext.com/case/people-v-allen-2300

https://www.ocregister.com/2008/02/19/police-honored-for-battling-white-supremacists/

i don't know why people think red lace code is particular to 1970s britain - I've never heard it said beyond this server. on a related note, i think illegal rp is missing thorough enough research behind its characters and gangs. there's also too much warmongering between factions rather than competition between characters within them.

5 hours ago, Kipps said:

https://casetext.com/case/people-v-allen-2300

https://www.ocregister.com/2008/02/19/police-honored-for-battling-white-supremacists/

i don't know why people think red lace code is particular to 1970s britain - I've never heard it said beyond this server.

Lace code originated in England and has always been identified as British skinhead culture along side the entire skinhead culture itself, it was only in and around the 80s when Americans coined their own skinhead far right groups/organizations turned gangs which progressed from their creation to what they are today, think the Hammerskin Nation and their bands or the White Aryan Resistance as a more extreme example.

Actual lace code is dead, you're not gonna find groups/gangs of racists rocking red laces and docs in modern day California to show their alliance unless they're doing it for the novelty of a group photo/protest or trying to cause a scene at a punk show knowing their laces will lead to confrontation by the extremely niche knowledge punks hardcore in to the culture have regarding colors.

The recent IC Luftwaffe concert was super cool to see because it's maybe the only place where realistically you'd see people decked out in proper skinhead gear -- suspenders, red laces, shirtless, novelty Nazi gear, etc -- so I commend all the people that worked on that because hey, it's legit and I loved the RP that followed, I just don't like seeing white gangsters that IRL look like this:

unknown.png

Portrayed like this:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Thankfully the majority of white faction RP -- like all factions -- is fine despite the bad apples but it's always been a little grating seeing people interjecting with walls of American Peckerwood/Nazi history and casefiles to show how knowable they are on portrayal and what America is like because these stupid europeans/bwitish people don't understand America but portray the most stereotypical edge-lord cool guy Derek Vinyard-like characters they can like they're not on the same level of RP and portrayal as every other faction/circle on the server. I think we're all equally shit here. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

I think illegal RP is missing a rework on PK rules. Until PKs stop being the instant, low-cost, be-all-end-all solution to any sort of problem with another group, we're still going to see the level of violence we're accustomed to.

• Applaud 2
3 minutes ago, Koko said:

I think illegal RP is missing a rework on PK rules. Until PKs stop being the instant, low-cost, be-all-end-all solution to any sort of problem with another group, we're still going to see the level of violence we're accustomed to.

every war being a mandated ck war would be too much work on IFM. What people are saying about jumping to shooting and only PKs is pretty much non existent in facs under the black car since we oocly agree to only take CKs, meaning every death gets roleplayed with a candle light, funeral, ect. And people are more weary of their actions.

This can only happen by choice, IFM cant force every fac into CK wars or itd be too much work and reports. If more facs started being cool with eachother on ooc terms and communicating like black car facs do, PKs would need a rework

• Wuhtah locked this topic