The insane time needed to report/request...

Bandit.

8 hours ago, Trupiano said:

Firstly, there barely are any other RP servers given GTAW was able to effectively corner the market while everyone clung to a decade old game. Lets not pretend that the staff here is providing some type of world class service because they have practically 0 competition. The reality is, the areas in which GTAW's staff fail aren't even exclusive to GTA RP servers. normal ass reports are something every single RP server across every game type has to handle and many of them do it better then GTAW with less staff members and more players. 

Secondly, the only reason it's a donation is because calling it a donation is a legal loophole, everybody knows this. I brought it up not to say that staff needs to be at my beck and call (Because I know they aren't seeing any of that money) but because I wanted to highlight that This server generates revenue for it's owner, therefor there's an incentive to fix broken systems. 

It should have not taken 61 days, 2 staff reports and threatening to management that I was going to quit the server for them to look at my CK appeal.

Factions shouldn't be losing properties during wars because one admin team forgot to tell the players that they need to fill out an obscure property form for another admin team. 

The admin team shouldn't be insisting players submit RPQM reports if they are going to sit open for 6+ months. 

Reports shouldn't be sitting open so fucking long that all involved parties have quit the server. 

You say it's all to make things fair or for even checks and balances, I see an insurmountable amount of hoops players either have to spend months jumping through to even get an answer on their idea or spend their entire lives no lifing this community until they have enough friends in staff that they can just side step the process.

As I said in my original reply, the issues plaguing this server are systemic and they've been there since breaking 300 players on a Friday night was exciting. There's a reason that the issue has grown alongside our player numbers even though we've expanded the staff team the entire time. The system that they are working within doesn't fucking work. 

I’ll just answer this (still reading the thread page per page) : there is no « legal loophole », at least in France where the company is based. You’re a customer paying a service, and nowhere on our shop it’s called a donation. Even if it was called a donation, it would still be a regular service payment as in France only registered non benefit organizations can ask for donations, not businesses. So stop spreading lies when I’m already in one of the most taxed countries in the world, it hurts to pay a huge amount of taxes and read messages like this.

Edited by Nervous

I’ve finished reading all the answers - I think many of you don’t realize the huge (hundreds if not thousands) of daily queries we receive.

I alone just receive on average more than 120 DM per day, 30 forum messages which I try to all answer (especially DMs).

Property Management and FM are both receiving hundreds of weekly queries and each might require hours of work to make sure a fair decision is taken.

I’ll still start an internal discussion about this subject as I agree that the wait time for everything has dramatically increased over the years. There might be some solutions to give more initial freedom while preventing abuses & trolling, which could reduce some workload on some requests to shift it toward other more important requests. I’ll update back in a few about it if we have managed to find doable solutions.

• Upvote 1

I'm curious; seeing that usually only 5-10 people get hired into the support team every staff update newsletter (now 2-monthly afaik), how many players apply for the staff team? 20? 50? I feel the number of hired people is fairly low for a big community but I would imagine it's because only 20 players apply instead of like, 50, 100, etc.

Regardless, as staff team members stated, if you want to help, apply for the team. It's the only way to improve this workload flow besides doing internal changes (less chain of command?).

Edited by thekillergreece
3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Apply for staff and be part of the solution.

This is a extreme straw man argument when the effective part-time job hours requirement (30 hours a month/7.5 hours a week in game to even apply) basically means anyone who works a full time job and has life commitments i.e a spouse/partner is never going to be a serious candidate.

Edited by bartman
7 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

Appreciate the feedback! I believe this is more of a property management question in general and not specifically the player reports and such. However, a reason player's can't start their own business without talking to a member of PM is because we have to transfer to the ownership and script over to the player itself. We also want to promote good roleplayers, but I also understand taking 3 months (it usually takes less than one) is frustrating and the idea gets 'boring' after it. 

Yes it is! But the thread asked about requests as well and I know that as a community RPer  property requests have been a source of frustration for me.

Let me present an example: I made an Activity Request on the Davis barber shop for a business that was 100% destined for RP that the community was clamouring for and that imho was really needed in South Central and it sat there for one month until someone said they'd look into it, and then I didn't have a response at all in a month, which was when I dropped the request. This was a business that is tied to a base GTA V script and really can't be exploited in any significant way, and can't even be built on because it's an exterior, and even then I ended up shelving the character I built specifically for it (an older barber) because I saw no progress.

When the simplest base RP proposal like that looking to add some much needed passive RP opportunities in gangland (that the players enjoy engaging with as barber shop culture is huge) takes over 2 months in limbo like that, I can't even imagine what other requests are like. There has to be a better way.

29 minutes ago, bartman said:

This is a extreme straw man argument when the effective part-time job hours requirement (30 hours a month/7.5 hours a week in game to even apply) basically means anyone who works a full time job and has life commitments i.e a spouse/partner is never going to be a serious candidate.

If you explain your situation and availability, I'm convinced they aren't going to turn your down on this point.