The insane time needed to report/request...

Bandit.

Good on you for making this thread. I really hope there's a change and actual acknowledgement to what a lot of us are going through with cameo admins.

It would be nice to stop having my reports get trashed because someone sees them and says I'm spamming when I wait a while each time lol. 

Edited by yemaya
3 hours ago, Esc said:

Hi, I completely understand your and the team's position regarding RPQM's and how much work must be behind scenes to even reach a conclusion but I can tell you that I've tried to ask for feedback as you suggest here and the response I've got wasn't any good.
I can also, for example, if you so wish, tell you that I've had a RPQM report hanging for a year without any response, although I don't blame RPQM for their leadership change or anything along those lines.
I am sure there might be countless reports coming in and if all of them take time to be looked into, it is understandable that it takes that long, however, does not 6-7 months seem too excessive for you?
I have tried many ways to see our RPQM's answered because an entire faction depended on its outcome, however, no response has yet been given and we saw ourselves forced to tag along with the bad roleplay we've got from those encounters.

I very much appreciate your and your sub-team effort, but it is also frustrating for us, players.

I totally agree with the fact that 6 to 7 months is an excessive time period for a report and yeah the recent change in leadership has affected the working of the sub team slightly. The process did depend on one or two people while taking decisions regarding the progress or outcome of the report. We are hoping to change that and have these reports handled in a lot less time period. As for reaching out to the team regarding the report, you can do that by bumping the report thread or reaching out to the handling admin, preferably through forum PMs as discord PM can get unanswered. If you feel like you are being avoided or not getting a response, you can reach out to me personally through discord or forum PMs. I usually try to respond to all the messages I get on discord and my DMs are open.

Edited by LilManiac
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Brian3898 said:

If any of you guys have ANY sort of input on how staff can improve response times while still maintaining quality vetting and decent investigation of claims then I'm sure staff management is all ears, but all I see here is staff bashing, literally volunteers who day in and day in put in countless hours to make all of your experiences better for little to no gain of their own. 

I think you need to understand just how fucked some of us have gotten by the staff team and the way some of them operate. As I said to @Wuhtah I don't mean to bash and I only mean to give constructive criticism but thing have gotten so bad now that it's hard to politely explain our issues with the way things are handled by staff.

You say you want to maintain quality vetting and decent investigations but to me, that comment is kind of a slap in the face. I've had so many issues, big or small that have to get run up the chain to management only for them to take so long to even get looked into that, by the time they get around to it management says the case is too old so they close it. This obviously is not you or the majority of other admins fault, but I hope you understand just how frustrating it is especially when so many issues seem to have to be elevated to those higher ups. There are so many of these volunteer admins but I keep having to interact with the same 5 people if I want to get anything of importance handled.

Again I'm not trying to come at you or any other staff member reading this. I don't know you personally and don't know the systems your operating in. But I know something is wrong, something is broken. Be it the systems or the people it needs to be fixed. Honestly, I think management should look to other servers outside the GTA sphere for influence on how they can improve. I've given management names in the past but I feel like sometimes (Coming INTO the GTA RP world) The GTA RP community gets a little obsessed with the servers they came from, how they operated and seem to view those one or two servers as the perfect way to run a GTA community. But this is 2021 not 2014, there are more then two ways to operate a server and I think GTAW would benefit from examining others.

I'll close by saying while I know this discussion has been heated and many admins including yourself might feel attacked, but people are complaining on this thread for the exact same reason that you joined staff. They want to see this community grow and get better, As staff members I think you can all admit that you have blinders as to how the way you operate effects the player base. Like I said in the beginning of my reply, you might believe that investigations here are decent and of good quality. But as a player? That couldn't feel farther from the truth, honestly it feels like an insult.

But as players we need to understand that we don't know what goes on behind the scenes and what we might attribute to a certain admin might be a decision coming from higher above or they make with hands tied in red tape. That's why, although heated I think this thread has been really good. I for one didn't know logs on GTAW were discord based (At least in part) and that explains a lot about why reports can sometimes take a bit of time and in the future it's something I can consider before I start getting pissy about a report taking so long. But that's really nothing in comparison to how much good we can do if we have a cold honest discussion about how we the players feel, what staff is currently facing and what an actual solution is. 

Or we can just continue the endless cycle of people bitching on the forums, staff taking personal offense and nothing getting done.  

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Brian3898 said:

And let me finish this reply by saying that these sort of posts only demotivate admins even further from helping players, when you guys are so quick and agile at absolutely tearing down the efforts of every single member of the staff team. 

Yeah but the staff team isn't quick... or agile. When simple requests take anywhere from 2 weeks to half a year, of course people are going to be pissed off.