[LSNN] A Resolution to Establish the Special Committee on Prosecutorial Investigations: "There are over 100 signatures, this is a public outcry from those we represent", says Republican Senator Rossi

Ace_

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

A Resolution to Establish the Special Committee on Prosecutorial Investigations: "There are over 100 signatures, this is a public outcry from those we represent", says Republican Senator Rossi

BY SIMON CAHILL

Los Santos, SA - On 30th September 2021, Republican Senator Adrian Rossi introduced A Resolution to Establish the Special Committee on Prosecutorial Investigations, in order to get an unbiased and fair understanding of the current concerns revolving around the District Attorney's Office.

opgYk0P.png

Senator Adrian Rossi

Mr. Rossi has forwarded a new Resolution for discussion in the State Senate. He proposes establishing a special committee on prosecutorial investigations, in order to get an unbiased and fair understanding of the concerns regarding Officer Videla's petition advocating for District Attorney Melanie Cromwell's resignation. Despite the petition, District Attorney Cromwell has stated that she will not resign, in an exclusive interview for LSNN on 28th September 2021. She further addressed the petition in a press release on 29th September.

** The article includes a screenshot of the introduced bill in the Senate. **

On 2nd October 2021, State Senate held a session to address several bills, including Senator Rossi's resolution. 

"My dear Constituents, Spectators, my fellow Colleagues. To introduce Senate Resolution 17, the resolution seeks to establish a temporary special committee for the unbiased investigation into the District Attorney's office. Whereas, over one hundred signatures have been collected and reported by media outlets. This is a public outcry from those we represent, from those we have a responsibility over and a duty to. It is the responsibility of this body of government to respond, and to respond and act with justice and unbias is what we shall do. Thank you", were Senator Rossi's opening words to the discussion in the State Senate.

"I'd like to thank my friend across the aisle, Senator Rossi, for introducing this resolution. As someone who personally signed the petition - I, too call for an unbiased investigation into the conducts of the District Attorney's office. The time for accountability is now, Mr. President. We must act. Thank you", continued Democratic Senator Marty Haney.

Without objection, President Pro Tempore of the State Senate Noah Wade proceed to voting. With 5 YAYs, 0 NAYs and 0 abstained votes, the Resolution got adopted without any opposition.

Y8l4IDT.png

vBDvzT0.png

Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by Velja
  • Upvote 2