why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

13 minutes ago, Nervous said:

The thing is, we're kind of hitting a wall at this point. Illegal roleplayers claim the server is legal roleplay only and that there is no illegal RP to do, and legal roleplayers claim there is too much illegal RP going on. I can't really do much more right now..

That is not true and they know it. There are many ways to roleplay a criminal character. People are just doing the "This works so I am gonna do that too."

With a bit of imagination you can roleplay whatever you want really. Main source of income for gangs are drugs and soldier quotas. Those are filled by whatever means they see necessary. But for people here it always been breakins, robberies and selling drugs. But people believe that soldiers can become rich. No they can't, their purpose is to feed and dress the shotcaller up. It's the gang core members who profit. That said, people can always use their ooc money to simulate profits from criminal business. It's what I do. I break into cars to steal whatever is inside. If there is nothing scrip-wise. I roll for something minor items and deduct the income from my account. In the end, it's all about what you are portraying.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, peteyy said:

I've said it once and I've said it again. When more than half the svr roleplays rich korean college boy racers with cars worth millions+, of course crime will be booming. The crime rate totally makes sense if we take that into account. It's like a chain of events.

I don't have any problems with crime booming, like robberies. But the play 2 win mentality drives people into rushing robberies, with barely the minimum rp not to get reported, it drives them trigger-happy aswell, how does a gang member have a kill count larger than a warlord in Africa? More importantly, how do most of gang members have a larger kill count that said warlord? Are they killing machines with no emotions? 

So, yeah, sure, more wealth brings in more crime, but it doesn't excuse bypassing char development to create throwaway chars for lowlife crime and shootings.

20 minutes ago, Nervous said:

The thing is, we're kind of hitting a wall at this point. Illegal roleplayers claim the server is legal roleplay only and that there is no illegal RP to do, and legal roleplayers claim there is too much illegal RP going on. I can't really do much more right now..

The majority of illegal players that use this excuse are either in it for the OOC money grind or uncreative, expecting spoon fed insta-illegal RP because they identify as criminals and don't want to do anything passive between robberies and gun/drug deals. They shouldn't be catered too when GTAW's Los Santos is supposed to be a realistic interpretation of California/Los Angeles.

GTAW Isn't a legal safespace because players think the idea of a blacked out 4-door blasting down the Venice Beach boardwalk looking to jux locals is a littttttle suspect.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

The new rules regarding the robberies indeed has changed a lot however lately it seems if you are just enjoying your roleplay during the day at Mirror park on the grass and people walk up point 2 guns at you and when you don't have anything to give because we got robbed fifteen minutes earlier they went all mad in  /b saying we were stalling by just telling them to /arob...  On the other hand we miss more business like Restaurants and all the other business like Airsoft and such which were a big part of the last year. They just disappeared. 

Many players in this server like 'action', which end up with tons of fights and shootings that start over nothing, recently it also happens on legitimate businesses as well.

I agree with the guy above who wrote the server turned into a Battle Royale. 

I invested a lot of time in my legal character, but it seems like impossible to play with it anymore without getting into real trouble.

There will always be some kind guy with low RP, waiting in the corner, who drags scenes into fighting.

Not fun anymore.

idk why there isn't safe-zones when the people who are most against them generally despise the roleplayers who would hang around in them? two entirely different scenes that only overlap during robberies

Edited by books
  • Upvote 1