why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

I gotta say that robberies really aren't as common as they once were, in my own experience.  Of course it still happens, but it isn't the case that the moment you go outside or walk anywhere you get robbed.   In my opinion it's simply that there aren't any hubs.  Drive around, visit businesses, or do something with your faction is about it.  There's not really any outside spaces to randomly meet and interact, unless you want to sit alone for an hour.

I don't know if people are blind or something, or they just long in only on weekends. It's literally ayo shawty hands and run'em pockets foo, everywhere I look.

I travel around the city on a bmx and on every second street I see a coroner van and one or two dead bodies. Nearly every house or apartment I had, was in claimed gang turf, which simply ceased to exist after few weeks. THAT IS NOT ROLEPLAY.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, Perstephone said:

Whether people want to admit it or not, it is a problem. Being outside is not safe. This isn't an illegal vs legal RPer problem. There are SO many great illegal chars and rpers and legal. This needs to be a good vs bad RP argument. That should be the only "us vs them" attitude that people have.

This is pretty much it.  I've been robbed, kidnapped, and had my business extorted and they were great RP experiences.  I don't think the danger factor takes away from my legal characters at all.  What isn't great is the high amount of troll-playing.  There's too much of the 5-hour-airport-car throwaway character that just rolls into a business and acts up until someone steps to them, then uses that as an excuse to escalate to gunplay and trash the whole scene for everyone else.  I don't think more rules are the answer.  I don't think there is a specific answer.  Most of the people going back and forth in this thread are here to RP.  The troll-players are not, and they're not going to see this.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Rushing said:

This thread is literally an excuse for people to complain about how they get robbed when they’re outside. I’ve been on this server for over a year and I can confidently say that I’ve only been robbed once. I think you guys are just doing something wrong that attracts unnecessary amounts of attention to your own selves. 

factual. thats all its turned into it.

3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I don't know if people are blind or something, or they just long in only on weekends. It's literally ayo shawty hands and run'em pockets foo, everywhere I look.

I travel around the city on a bmx and on every second street I see a coroner van and one or two dead bodies. Nearly every house or apartment I had, was in claimed gang turf, which simply ceased to exist after few weeks. THAT IS NOT ROLEPLAY.

Maybe robbers hate you or something ☹️

16 hours ago, Rushing said:

This thread is literally an excuse for people to complain about how they get robbed when they’re outside. I’ve been on this server for over a year and I can confidently say that I’ve only been robbed once. I think you guys are just doing something wrong that attracts unnecessary amounts of attention to your own selves. 

First day on the server I was robbed twice (in the country) once while fishing and another just driving.

Just the other day some people tried forcing me off the road to rob me, again in the country,

17 hours ago, Rushing said:

I don't know what else to tell you If taking a walk with a friend through one of the richest areas of Los Santos without doing anything or provoking anyone makes me deserve that DeAndre IngramLove and his 3 friends rob me.

• Upvote 1

unknown.png

Something similar to this happened to me 3 times yesterday. I can start start taking screenshots or something every time just to prove the point but the bottom line is as it's always been: If you live in Mirror Park you can't go outside.

Edited by Sush

I can honestly say that my character in his one year lifespan has been only robbed twice, with only two attempts a few months before where the perpetrators failed. I don't know if it's just my character being self aware of how the city is or people are being ignorant when danger is lurking around the corner.