why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

28 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

I think you might be on the wrong forums. You're probably looking for these, cause we sure as hell don't play on the same server.

https://forum-fr.gta.world/

No, I'm serious, I spent hours in Davis and 0 problems, they don't bring heat there because there is no point in robbing where you live, every time I was robbed it has been on the Vespucci beach or in the Vinewood areas.

Edited by Jennie

Lived in South Central for over 6 months interacting and even hanging out with all gangs there and I was beaten up once by a new, unofficial group that didn't last. Everyone else was cool if you were unaffiliated and didn't play a hardass.

1 hour ago, Perstephone said:

I like how people are acting like Davis is the only place with gangs. There are literally gang tags all over Hawick right now. And the same four gang bangers constantly causing problems in Vinewood. There is literally no where on the map where people should feel safe spending time outside. The argument that "it doesn't happen to me, so it must not happen," is just silly. There are a million reasons it might not happen to you.

Enough people are telling you that it's a problem that it's just nonsense to assume they are all making it up. I've walked from Awick through to Mirror Park barefoot and been left totally alone on peak. I've also been robbed standing by my front door waiting for a taxi. Just a week ago, my charactr was arguing behind a club in Vinewood with her partner, in an area KNOWN Icly to be crawling with OCG characters. And still had a car with four people pull up and put guns in our faces after scouting the area, driving around clearly looking for someone to rob.

Whether people want to admit it or not, it is a problem. Being outside is not safe. This isn't an illegal vs legal RPer problem. There are SO many great illegal chars and rpers and legal. This needs to be a good vs bad RP argument. That should be the only "us vs them" attitude that people have.

According to the stats below I would say robbery doesn’t happen as much in LA as it does on this sever . http://lapd-assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/cityprof.pdf

E01EE1E9-0831-42C4-B3F8-C510A06AEA97.png

Edited by Trunks

In summer we had a record of 1000+ players online, and 800+ plus on a daily. That is simply not the case anymore so there is one reason for you.
The addition of /afk instead of an anti-AFK script, only makes those numbers of people in-game even less relevant, so there is reason number two.
Whether you claim it is because of IC proper portrayal of fear & safety concerns, or OOC mindset to avoid uncomfortable/losing RP, people avoid squares & public places & it lines up to number three.

TL:DR There is less players online, and even less players are visible around the city.

22 hours ago, 99 said:

This is a different issue entirely in my opinion. I think this is attributed to two major points:

1) Property Management should have never have started this cycle of opening / closing requests and instead streamlined the process. What happens now is that the closing creates a huge shortage of businesses. People go inactive. Businesses stop opening. But when requests are closed, no one can take over that business or request a new one until they open once every 6-8 weeks. When requests do open, they get 200+ requests that take weeks to go through, which gets tiring for both property management and the players. I said this from the very beginning that this would be a detriment to the server. 

2) Escalation, as you discussed already. It’s a huge problem. It’s not fun to open a business all to get it shut down 30 minutes later because someone has to start a fight and escalate to an all out gun battle for no reason. People go into businesses with the OOC mission to cause problems. It’s so apparent when people do it, yet it’s not being handled or even addressed by anyone in control. It’s not just a few incidents here and there, it’s all the time. 

Over time this has become a huge hassle and I think people are getting tired and worn out. The long wait to get a property all to have incident after incident night after night when you open? As IC as that particular issue may be, it’s still a huge issue nonetheless. I think people are just tired of opening and dealing with the mess. I know I got tired of it.

I agree with everything said here, and then some. Something has to be done about both of these issues as they are my TOP 5 issues in GTA world at present. Peter has managed like 4 cafe's and I have almost 500 hours on him. It shouldn't be this hard to get a business. Even a hole in the wall. it's like a luxury item.

22 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I would ask why this city feels dead even though 600+ players are online.
What are they doing? Staying in interiors all the time because the city is so dangerous? ^^

That's actually a reason why some of them are staying indoors mostly. I wish people played by server lore and not how many gang turfs are in LA.

We are not in LA and for example Alta apartments or Vinewood area isn't cheap in the game. So makes no sense for a poor gang to be settled there.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That's actually a reason why some of them are staying indoors mostly. I wish people played by server lore and not how many gang turfs are in LA.

We are not in LA and for example Alta apartments or Vinewood area isn't cheap in the game. So makes no sense for a poor gang to be settled there.

''some'' 
We are talking about 600 - 700 players.. everyday
No way is the city is soo dangerous that so many people tend to stay in their interiors, decreasing their RP.
Maybe they are not even decreasing their RP. Depends on what they do.^^

Also I might just log in on different times where the city is a little more safe.

3 minutes ago, Corazon said:

''some'' 
We are talking about 600 - 700 players.. everyday
No way is the city is soo dangerous that so many people tend to stay in their interiors, decreasing their RP.
Maybe they are not even decreasing their RP. Depends on what they do.^^

Also I might just log in on different times where the city is a little more safe.

Let me put it this way, My character works in a tattoo parlor in "relatively" quiet location. Relatively cause despite no active street gang being present in the area, there are still shootings and bloodshed every three days or so. I log in and often see blood in front of the parlor.

Edited by Engelbert
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Let me put it this way, My character works a in a tattoo parlor in "relatively" quiet location. Relatively cause despite no active street gang being present in the area, there are still shootings and bloodshed every three days or so. I log in and often see blood in front of the parlor.

I don't know the location but If this makes people stay inside.. well.
I been around the town a lot and never had the feeling that I rather stay inside because it's so dangerous out here. 
I guess these type of people just have other interests and it seems like there are alot of them.
That's why the city feels so dead.