why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

2 minutes ago, Koko said:

The issue is general. It's not only about robberies. But yes, robberies don't help. The amount of robberies that include kidnapping a complying civilian just to drop them off in the middle of nowhere with no means of calling anyone to pick them up (effectively ruining their RP for the night) after beating them to a pulp for a phone and maybe $5000 to split between 4 people was a trend that was happening for ages.

You have it in clubs, where groups of people literally go in to meme and get in a fight. As someone who plays a DJ, I can from a mile away spot the guy who is going to come up to the booth and ask for a stupid meme song (usually some overly specific, ultra niche folk song from a Balkan country) to justify getting angry when I don't play it (and sometimes AFTER I play it for a laugh!) to then try and beat me up/stab me with his group of 2-4 friends. This without counting the people just picking fights with some girl's boyfriend to then end up with shots being fired over it.

In the same vein, you have the Average Joe legal RPer/civilian that while not being a criminal one day just seems to choose violence at random because the player has been watching videos online on how to be more of an Alpha Male.

People across the board are way too aggressive for no reason, legal AND illegal.

Nothing says heavy RP servers like using 100k in vehicles and 200k in guns to possibly get 5k off someone if you're lucky

8 minutes ago, Sush said:

Nothing says heavy RP servers like using 100k in vehicles and 200k in guns to possibly get 5k off someone if you're lucky

Used to be that I carried 50k to give to muggers/robbers of decent quality, sort of a positive reinforcement of good roleplay behavior. Then came the complaints that the 5k limit was too much! ...robbers shouldn't be limited! ...how can the staff think 5k robbery limit as being realistic! 

So with the 5k limit soon to disappear, I can't carry any cash at all... 

It has resulted in a distinct increase in violence against my character, for having very little inventory value, or worse, no inventory value at all because of a previous robbery minutes ago.

9 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Used to be that I carried 50k to give to muggers/robbers of decent quality, sort of a positive reinforcement of good roleplay behavior. Then came the complaints that the 5k limit was too much! ...robbers shouldn't be limited! ...how can the staff think 5k robbery limit as being realistic! 

So with the 5k limit soon to disappear, I can't carry any cash at all... 

It has resulted in a distinct increase in violence against my character, for having very little inventory value, or worse, no inventory value at all because of a previous robbery minutes ago.

Sums it up really, Admins should be cracking down harder on people who do a robbery solely for the items/cash.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Also that act will work on business as well or just Housing/Vehicles?

(d) A person, regardless of official capacity or lack of official capacity, within a place of worship or a person, an owner, manager or employee of a business is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using or threatening to use defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

(1) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a place of business or a place of worship, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against the will of that person from the place of business, or place of worship.

Short answer? Yes, it applies to businesses too if it meets the criteria.

48 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

That's kind of the point of robbing people.

Well yes, but actually no

To stay on topic, not that much happens outdoors in the city that makes it worth going, just asking to get robbed no matter where you are.

Edited by kristofer

I feel the robbery problem is greatly embellished or I am lucky.

I routinely spend long periods of time, alone, outside. My character(s) are usually pretty ideal marks/targets. I've been robbed I think maybe 2-3 times? I'm sure other people have had worse experiences but this whole "you can't RP outdoors" seems kind of fabricated to me. I routinely RP outdoors on fairly "helpless" type characters. I fair more often encounter random characters offering to be excessively helpful rather than predatory.

Even then, if someone RPs it decently, I don't really mind robbery RP. It gives my character something to react/engage with, if its not done terribly.

I would encourage robbery RP that's more targeted and involves build-up RP and after-math RP, but the only type of robbery RP that should be disallowed is the type of robbery RP that's already disallowed (chain robberies, roaming the city on dirtbikes, going out to the county on hood characters, etc).

20 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Do you not see the irony in your statement? What normal person carries around 50k in cash, that is very unrealistic to do.