why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

1 hour ago, ZaE said:

all that is needed is administrative action against people who do poor roleplay and robberies and from there all is well.

That would work if the reports didn't take 2 and 3 months like this one here.

And no, it's not about the crime, it's about people committing chain robberies, I've been seeing the same 4 Davis gang members in his black buffalo committing chain robberies nonstop for a week, crime on this server doesn't exist , thefts are not a crime, they are a pain in the ass, the real crime is that 1% of the server has elaborate criminal RP and not four suckers doing robberies.

46 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I've had hood characters, outside, for hours on end... never robbed once (Davis).

I've had civilian characters, outside, for hours on end... never robbed once. (Davis).

I was robbed in Sandy Shores, twice, in the past 8 months. In the city? Not once, in the past 8 months.

I think robberies have declined, in general, in 2021... not because "people stay inside all day", but because there's stricter enforcement on robberies AND gang-RP quality has risen compared to 2020.

In past past? Couldn't walk through a hood without getting pressed and robbed. Now? It's more of a friendlier vibe IF you don't act suspicious.

Tell it to the owners of a gun store I know who was forced to build a Fort-Knox style of defenses against constant car & player robberies. It highly varies based on location, all I can say the location I have my businesses, new faction was created there not long ago, they know my character and business' as a Local even though my character does not live there. But they respect my character since my business' were there for over a year an a half now, by time alone they know I am not moving just cause they moved in. Moreover they are remaining friendly because I don't poke my nose in their affairs, only told them to be mindful of the CCTV cameras around my business.

5 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

That would work if the reports didn't take 2 and 3 months like this one here.

And no, it's not about the crime, it's about people committing chain robberies, I've been seeing the same 4 Davis gang members in his black buffalo committing chain robberies nonstop for a week, crime on this server doesn't exist , thefts are not a crime, they are a pain in the ass, the real crime is that 1% of the server has elaborate criminal RP and not four suckers doing robberies.

Admins avoid replying on reports that contain a lot of Back and Forth between the Plaintiff and Defendant(s) (best name I could use to describe the players), the back and forth adds more walls of text for the admin to sift through in order to actually understand the situation. There are reports that hang like this for longer than 3 months.

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Admins avoid replying on reports that contain a lot of Back and Forth between the Plaintiff and Defendant(s) (best name I could use to describe the players), the back and forth adds more walls of text for the admin to sift through in order to actually understand the situation. There are reports that hang like this for longer than 3 months.

This one is even worse, the reported party didn't show up in the thread.

It would be as easy to solve as to punish after 48 hours of not showing up, the reported party showeds that he had no interest, that he doesn't give a fuck and that he is going to continue doing it (and he has continued to do so, I've seen him)

5 minutes ago, Dakimakura said:

This one is even worse, the reported party didn't show up in the thread.

It would be as easy to solve as to punish after 48 hours of not showing up, the reported party showeds that he had no interest, that he doesn't give a fuck and that he is going to continue doing it (and he has continued to do so, I've seen him)

Happened to me in a civil court case I filed via lawyer on here, the guy did not show up for the majority of the case, took almost month and a half before I got the ruling sorted and the restitution paid. Mind you the guy was banned by an admin as well after he evaded from SD who were doing Repo' work..

20 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Increase the sentence too much, and the character becomes a throwaway.

Tried the same thing back in MegaCityRolePlay, didn't hold up until progress was tied to individual character longevity. 

Keep in mind this was a setting in which the will of the street judge was the way things went. Despite strict IC laws, nigh absolutely on-scene authority, prohibitively massive sentences, and shoot on sight authorization, meta won the day. Civilian pop eventually ran dry, and then the raiders, thugs, and antagonists in general followed not long after. Didn't matter how much firepower the judges had, it couldn't stop people from just using meta to strongarm their victories. Didn't matter how much people chimed in about the dwindling population, it couldn't help anyone see the consequences.

You can't throw-away unless you invest in tons of WP. I doubt that these throw-away players don't stack up WP.

40 minutes ago, Sush said:

If you're looking for evidence here's an example from today:

Two people who have been warned in the past for the activity that they're being reported for. The conclusion boils down to "This was awful roleplay, you have been warned for this in the past. You're going to be receiving a warning." People will have no desire to change if there's no punishment for doing this kinda thing and we're stuck in a vicious cycle as a result. Does this happen when legal RPers break the rules too? Yes. Should it? No. That's what I'm getting at.

That report is just beyond my understanding. Both people were acknowledged to have been disciplined previously and still let off with a verbal warning. It’s the equivalent of telling a child to go to their room, thinking that’s going to change anything. This is part of the problem. 

8 minutes ago, 99 said:

That report is just beyond my understanding. Both people were acknowledged to have been disciplined previously and still let off with a verbal warning. It’s the equivalent of telling a child to go to their room, thinking that’s going to change anything. This is part of the problem. 

That is the issue really, does not matter if it's Legal or Illegal players.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

You can't throw-away unless you invest in tons of WP. I doubt that these throw-away players don't stack up WP.

That's only if you assume the character is caught immediately upon committing the crime. A single crimegrinder character can go weeks, even months before they're caught, especially when you factor in that they're moving at the speed of metagame instead of legitimate roleplay. Law enforcement can't just automatically know it's him; they have to PROVE this person is guilty, and that gets difficult when crimegrinders are setting up their crimes ten, or even as close as five minutes before server restart. That gives the crimegrinder months on a single character, which is usually enough time to let the other two pop out of what is seen as little more than a loser cooldown.

Also, do you really need WP to create a new account? 

The issue is general. It's not only about robberies. But yes, robberies don't help. The amount of robberies that include kidnapping a complying civilian just to drop them off in the middle of nowhere with no means of calling anyone to pick them up (effectively ruining their RP for the night) after beating them to a pulp for a phone and maybe $5000 to split between 4 people was a trend that was happening for ages.

You have it in clubs, where groups of people literally go in to meme and get in a fight. As someone who plays a DJ, I can from a mile away spot the guy who is going to come up to the booth and ask for a stupid meme song (usually some overly specific, ultra niche folk song from a Balkan country) to justify getting angry when I don't play it (and sometimes AFTER I play it for a laugh!) to then try and beat me up/stab me with his group of 2-4 friends. This without counting the people just picking fights with some girl's boyfriend to then end up with shots being fired over it, or the guys who come dressed up in wacky costumes and then decide to antagonize the bouncers, looking straight out of a Sacha Baron Cohen spoof they think is just hilarious.

In the same vein, you have the Average Joe legal RPer/civilian that while not being a criminal one day just seems to choose violence at random because the player has been watching videos online on how to be more of an Alpha Male.

People across the board are way too aggressive for no reason, legal AND illegal.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1