why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

5 hours ago, Nervous said:

The thing is, we're kind of hitting a wall at this point. Illegal roleplayers claim the server is legal roleplay only and that there is no illegal RP to do, and legal roleplayers claim there is too much illegal RP going on. I can't really do much more right now..

The illegal RP’ers who claim there is nothing to do are the ones who want an easy fool-proof way to rob people for their script items in order to call themselves a criminal. There’s no creativity or RP progression, they just want to mindlessly chain rob for the OOC fun of it. This is apparent because of the new robbery rules you set in place causing people to come out and say there’s nothing to do. Don’t listen to them. 

The reason people don’t go outside is because of the steps taken by IFM that encourage people to be lazy with no recourse. We were told that the population of the city was only the people who were online, that we shouldn’t actually portray being in a real city populated realistically. So if there are 100 people online, then the city has a population of 100 people. People can’t walk down the street without getting hustled or hassled because it was made possible through policy. Why should I put any creative thought into robbing someone carefully when I don’t have to? Legal RP’ers would rather just stay inside rather than deal with getting robbed in the middle of the street right down the street from the police station just because people drive around “looking for people to rob”, which is ridiculous. 

Crime is not the overall issue however. Cracking down on shit RP is the issue. This goes for legal and illegal RP’ers. Half the time these people get “verbal warnings” and go right back out and do it again. It’s like telling a child to not do something. Guess what? They’re gonna do it. This leads to people simply not bothering with reporting because what good does it do? People report and then get told to make a separate RPQM report that takes weeks to months to get handled, which by that time people have stopped caring. Hell I even saw one report get ruled against because the crime was done “outside a crime free zone” making it okay. They didn’t take into account that it was a highly unrealistic location or situation, just that all crime is okay outside crime-free zones. This basically encourages shit RP to happen.

Stop giving people second, third and fourth chances with verbal warnings and 30 minute ajails. Those do nothing. Be more strict on those who think “run yo pockets” and “pats waistband” makes for good RP. Be more strict on legal RP’ers who escalate situations inappropriately with a gun just because it was more convenient to shoot rather than come up with a better course of RP. Right now people get away with these things because they are allowed to. It results in people not bothering to report who just slowly become frustrated with the whole system. The buck stops with the people in charge. You can make this a better place. You just have to crack a few eggs in order to make that tasty omelette.

Edited by 99
  • Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Calm down Amanda Rose, stop making bait threads and then get mad when people express their opinion. Respect it and provide constructive feedback instead of being toxic.

None of these are bait threads whatsoever, I’m interested in hearing opinions but it’s so dumb when everything resorts to “bevause of crime roleplay!” When the shit isn’t even that bad, all that is needed is administrative action against people who do poor roleplay and robberies and from there all is well.

If admins would just step up and call out the poorly done roleplay from both legal and illegal sides of the margain then shit would be better in general, it’s so ass how I can’t see the 800 populations in full force with loads of activities just because of a few bad robberies. There should be robbery free zones, and this should be brought in chatafter to prevent crime even more, and not just the normal Davis patrol, real down to earth roleplay like OSS where they get rid of the crime. 

Peoperty management also needs to step up and pick up the pace and let people make businesses quicker at a timely manner. 

and trust me, if u wanna see some toxicity I can show you some on a game of siege 🤣

Edited by ZaE
54 minutes ago, 99 said:

Crime is not the overall issue however. Cracking down on shit RP is the issue. This goes for legal and illegal RP’ers. Half the time these people get “verbal warnings” and go right back out and do it again. It’s like telling a child to not do something. Guess what? They’re gonna do it. This leads to people simply not bothering with reporting because what good does it do? People report and then get told to make a separate RPQM report that takes weeks to months to get handled, which by that time people have stopped caring. Hell I even saw one report get ruled against because the crime was done “outside a crime free zone” making it okay. They didn’t take into account that it was a highly unrealistic location or situation, just that all crime is okay outside crime-free zones. This basically encourages shit RP to happen.

Stop giving people second, third and fourth chances with verbal warnings and 30 minute ajails. Those do nothing. Be more strict on those who think “run yo pockets” and “pats waistband” makes for good RP. Be more strict on legal RP’ers who escalate situations inappropriately with a gun just because it was more convenient to shoot rather than come up with a better course of RP. Right now people get away with these things because they are allowed to. It results in people not bothering to report who just slowly become frustrated with the whole system. The buck stops with the people in charge. You can make this a better place. You just have to crack a few eggs in order to make that tasty omelette.

This is the most favts in the thread. This sums up everything that is wrong and needs to be done. I’ve seen people getting jailed for DMing and speeding through cities, crashing, rolling over 9 times and shit. That should be banable.

3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Guess the city will just stay dead then. 

ah yes ignore my response after that where I agreed with a whole paragraph written by another dude lol, ngl i didnt bother reading ur response cause they b too long, like this nigga @99 said, admins need to crack down on LEGALS AND ILLEGAL RPERS shitty rp

Edited by ZaE
10 minutes ago, ZaE said:

ah yes ignore my response after that where I agreed with a whole paragraph written by another dude, ngl i didnt bother reading ur response cause they b too long

It's a reflex at this point, given how many times this discussion repeats. Someone comes in to ask why there's nobody on the streets to rob/mug, and someone helpfully explains there's too many poor quality crimes going on...

"Y'all are just whining. Everything's fine!"

"Cool, then why ask the question at all if everything is fine?"

It's absolutely a serious inquiry, for sure, but the people asking it don't like consequences, so hearing that their crime sprees have consequences is, as it's happened here, answered with blaming "civilians" for "whining".

It's one of several loops we go through on the forums. The other fun one is the cycle of fun for some - robberies should be allowed to happen anywhere because we can't let rules get in the way of fun, but robberies aren't fun for the victims, but robberies aren't about fun, but that means fun isn't a priority, so robberies shouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere, but robberies SHOULD be allowed to happen anywhere because we can't let rules get in the way of fun...

4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Robberies will less likely occur, outside, if every one were to be outside. Man's not going to rob a person when the whole block is crowded with people.

The "we all stay inside" logic is a poor reason to evade getting robbed.

I hear walking around with a briefcase full of every dollar of value I'm made of is really safe too.

Someone also told me they're from the IRS and that I need to pay them with Steam gift cards to avoid being investigated.

Edited by DasFroggy
1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

It's a reflex at this point, given how many times this discussion repeats. Someone comes in to ask why there's nobody on the streets to rob/mug, and someone helpfully explains there's too many poor quality crimes going on...

"Y'all are just whining. Everything's fine!"

"Cool, then why ask the question at all if everything is fine?"

It's absolutely a serious inquiry, for sure, but the people asking it don't like consequences, so hearing that their crime sprees have consequences is, as it's happened here, answered with blaming "civilians" for "whining".

It's one of several loops we go through on the forums. The other fun one is the cycle of fun for some - robberies should be allowed to happen anywhere because we can't let rules get in the way of fun, but robberies aren't fun for the victims, but robberies aren't about fun, but that means fun isn't a priority, so robberies shouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere, but robberies SHOULD be allowed anywhere because we can't let riles get in the way of fun...

I hear walking around with a briefcase full of every dollar of value I'm made of is really safe too.

Someone also told me they're from the IRS and that I need to pay them with Steam gift cards to avoid being investigated.

I've never seen a robbery in a crowded area, unless it were to be a group of people robbing a whole business when it's open.

You really think that you'd be robbed if you were outside with 15 other witnesses present? Most robberies happen when places are desolate.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1