why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

It's curious and at the same time sad how at the end of the whole discussion everything is summarized that the city is a wasteland due to the decisions of the IFM and the absence pf hubs, this is because people don't want to be called mallrat for the simple fact from being there, in MP there was a hub but people stopped going there because everyone called them mallrat.

On 10/3/2021 at 2:44 AM, ZaE said:

*thread gets created*

nine second later..

BECAUSE CRIME! ILLEGAL COMMUNITY!

crime and crime RP has literally nothing to do with this topic.

Yes it does.

- Crime makes no one even want to walk on the street because you're gonna have 5 cars passing by you and circling to see if you're rob-able.

- During one hour in Davis the other day I've heard and witnessed 7 shootouts, people have no regard for the life of their character. They go pew pew, die, acceptdeath, respawn, buy a gun again with their 800k or trucking job while allegedly roleplaying a low income gang member when they're actually looking like a warlord from whatever country, go shoot your neighbor again, rinse repeat over and over for a glorified Cops'n'Robbers.

- People just shoot at each other for no apparent reasons, there's no fear RP, people come in for a robbery, before even starting the robbery they shoot the victim, no regards to their char dev because I can assume shooting one IRL doesn't leave you cold blooded, almost careless, at least enough to loot the damn body and stick around for 10 minutes like if we were in DayZ.

- Play to win mentality. How many crimes have been poorly done with an abundance of "run yo pockets cuh" because they're more focused on chaining them rather than making the experience "enjoyable" for both parties with developed rp?

12 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

Edit: From what I've read so far, my next character, if any, will be living in the county, although that's hardly viable as too many people there would not work with the lack of properties to be called home. RV's are only so effective, as they are often on the scrap list and get yoinked for no good IC reason.

Actually the Roleplay life of Blaine County, Sandy Shores in particular has dwindled for a very major contribution of a group who's name I won't name to avoid drama. So, Roleplay there you won't find. Because people do not want to Roleplay stress as we get that a lot in real-life, gaming is about doing the opposite. For me, when I roleplay there're a few characters I met whose conditions actually caused me to feel for them on OOC basis not only IC. Maybe it is just me, but lets be honest, while we're in IC mode, our emotions of OOC are still there. So of course people won't roleplay in South LS for the boat loads of stress that comes with it.

12 hours ago, ZaE said:

admins need to start cracking down on poorly done robberies.

Admins need to start seeing Permanent ban as what it means, You get banned with one of those, at MINIMUM you are not allowed to appeal for at least 6 months. 1 week / month won't make a person change, basing this off the majority not the minority who can change within short time.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, HappyPancake said:

Yes it does.

- Crime makes no one even want to walk on the street because you're gonna have 5 cars passing by you and circling to see if you're rob-able.

- During one hour in Davis the other day I've heard and witnessed 7 shootouts, people have no regard for the life of their character. They go pew pew, die, acceptdeath, respawn, buy a gun again with their 800k or trucking job while allegedly roleplaying a low income gang member when they're actually looking like a warlord from whatever country, go shoot your neighbor again, rinse repeat over and over for a glorified Cops'n'Robbers.

- People just shoot at each other for no apparent reasons, there's no fear RP, people come in for a robbery, before even starting the robbery they shoot the victim, no regards to their char dev because I can assume shooting one IRL doesn't leave you cold blooded, almost careless, at least enough to loot the damn body and stick around for 10 minutes like if we were in DayZ.

- Play to win mentality. How many crimes have been poorly done with an abundance of "run yo pockets cuh" because they're more focused on chaining them rather than making the experience "enjoyable" for both parties with developed rp?

Last time I was subject to a robbery it took place on my business grounds right after a server RESTART, one of my employees was restarting the business when the trio who came to the business prior restart used the restart (knowing cops are in same boat as us) to rob us. I log in and I got dragged into that, what happens is, they rob us. Back then for CCTV permission outdoors you had to ask permission from the other party, I legitimately had to /report and Nervous responded confirming the CCTV exists and it just did not load due to server restart, only after they agreed to give me CCTV permission (So fucking glad that rule was changed and you just need it mapped to count now), After they gave me the CCTV permission one goes and puts /mask after being told there's CCTV saying you can't see my face.. while pre-restart they had zero masks and CCTV was there. Moreover, they failed to take the gun (after doing /me pats x pockets) from my employee who blasted at them when they were leaving. What happened is one of them died on scene and they drove off. A guy who died pm's me saying his body is not there while scriptly it is lying there. If scriptly it is there, it is there. Even if his guys moved via /mes, cops can't know who's body it is or who moved it.

A report was made, they were trying to justify the business being in an "side alley" when it's a known business that is within 500meters or so from Mission Row Station, most law enforcement officers know about it as well. While report was up, 2/3 got banned and eventually report was concluded and we got refunded.

After such an encounter where I only wanted CCTV permission, only thing I wanted really since I was okay with taking the L (But no, the in-game rules were very out of date regarding that, since the old rules allowed other party say NO and the CCTV is worth nothing. Thank god the rules were changed, now they can't get away with it especially since we're role-playing 2021). I will bash criminal characters who rob/steal/break-in (houses/cars) not for character development but for the loot, without care for their character, same goes to characters who actively seek conflict.

Speaking of "Seeking Conflict", a month or two back, I was operating my business on my character, when the sign at the entrance says in full caps "Do not drive in, park properly on the side", a kid on a Sanchez rides into the lot, stops near me and another customer, I asked him to drive out. He tosses a few slurs at my characters, kicks my character before driving off he also kicks a car. I call 911, cops show up, I tell them he rode off. Several minutes he comes back, new customers get in his face since he's tossing slurs at my characters, one of the customers kicks his bike. It moved into 2 on 1 fist fight, middle of the fight I notice he's pulling a switch blade, proceeds to stab a customer on my premises and I stand within somewhat of 3 feet (1 meter or so) away. I pull my gun and nail him, due to sync issues, both the Customer (from stabbing) and him (from me shooting him) are down but only Customer has the /damages line while the kid does not and after he was downed he kept standing, so I kept shooting eventually he died. I called 911 about shooting, 2 SD show up, they ask "Why did you not give him a verbal warning", what warning he pulled the knife middle of a fist fight and stabbed a person on my property. Mind you, I had about 6~10 witnesses to the scene. The SD wanted to slap me with SHAFT on account of desync of him standing when he was down, I was lucky they did not. Not to mention I made a 911 call earlier for him kicking me and a car on my property before he left the first time. So yes, I tried to get your asses over to deal with him, but he evaded you guys. Then he attempted murder on my property, you want me to let that happen? So yes, I have been long enough on GTAW to have an opinion on how Criminal Factions handle their shit.

I do respect Criminal Factions who keep an eye out on the newcomers who want to join their faction and actually actively strike them with sanctions based on shit they cause. But if your mentality put life threats over being asked to leave, pull weapon over an insult or pull weapons middle of fist fight? Guess what, you are not as good of a Roleplayer you think you are, especially if the fight was your own doing where you antagonized people to swing first at you. People do not think of the consequences that can happen on their character caused by their characters actions. Not to mention Character Development.

So after 4 years on this community and seeing it grow and change, I do believe I  have the right "bash" criminals for their behavior when it's way too obvious, stupid or careless. "I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can afford to be careless, but not men." - Vito Corleone <= Has a point, if you choose the criminal life style for your character and want it to go far? Think and consider the consequences of the actions your character might do and face.

There has been major changes to the robbery limits, introduction of a command to limit / follow it too, and we immediately ban poor roleplayers who chain rob when they are reported.

So I'm not too sure to understand the comments about the robberies here, because I've actually seen way less robberies / reports about it. If it's an issue you need to report it immediately so it can be handled.

2 minutes ago, Nervous said:

There has been major changes to the robbery limits, introduction of a command to limit / follow it too, and we immediately ban poor roleplayers who chain rob when they are reported.

So I'm not too sure to understand the comments about the robberies here, because I've actually seen way less robberies / reports about it. If it's an issue you need to report it immediately so it can be handled.

I indeed saw less occurrence of poorly roleplayed robberies lately, but the point in my comment was not focused on robberies, there's more to the problem than robberies, namely daily shootouts. 

My only point is saying that the overabundance of crime rp has nothing to do with an empty feeling is being blind. (Regarding the comment I quoted originally)

3 minutes ago, HappyPancake said:

I indeed saw less occurrence of poorly roleplayed robberies lately, but the point in my comment was not focused on robberies, there's more to the problem than robberies, namely daily shootouts. 

My only point is saying that the overabundance of crime rp has nothing to do with an empty feeling is being blind. (Regarding the comment I quoted originally)

The thing is, we're kind of hitting a wall at this point. Illegal roleplayers claim the server is legal roleplay only and that there is no illegal RP to do, and legal roleplayers claim there is too much illegal RP going on. I can't really do much more right now..

Just now, Nervous said:

The thing is, we're kind of hitting a wall at this point. Illegal roleplayers claim the server is legal roleplay only and that there is no illegal RP to do, and legal roleplayers claim there is too much illegal RP going on. I can't really do much more right now..

Yeah, there are less robberies because people rp indoors due to them, but in turn that makes the server feel less alive.

2 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I think that's an unsolvable problem and you indeed can't do much to solve it sadly, because you'll always have people complaining for either one thing or the other. Take as an example the two threads that passed by not so long ago, namely the first one complaining about the lack of police response, then fast forward two weeks the thread about the abundance of police response.

Edited by HappyPancake