why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

10 hours ago, orca112 said:

profileIcon_3m5uqbwrvpv51.jpg?width=256&

Letting a bunch of crime grinders go wild across the entire city will result in people not bothering to stay outside. Any minute spent outside is bearing the risk of being robbed or kidnapped by a four deep sedan looking for a quick lick and PF guns. Crime GRIND has something to do with it and cannot be denied. It is one of the four listed factors that contributed towards the decline of outdoor roleplay being as bad as needing flat out bans added to the server rules.

The issue is, that the admins of old that used to be here are gone, things have changed. Admins became more tolerant to people breaking the rules, I am somewhat of a Veteran player here. I came here when GTAW started way back in 2017. Back then, we were on GT-MP a descendant of GTA Network (was intended as a Singleplayer Co-Op mode for the Story, turned into a full game client, was one of the first alongside FiveM, but was the worst one performance wise), both GT-MP & GTA Network suffered from similar issues, notably was the low fps on top of lack of features and constant crashes.

Around 2018, if I recall right. GT-MP was somewhat on sale by the 3rd or 4th owner who wanted to sell it, Nervous at the time was gathering funds to buy it. A known hacker by the handle Julice purchased the project for far more than what Nervous agreed with the owner at the time. Nervous almost closed GTAW due to that, though a month or two later the transition to RageMP took place.

During those times Admins here were way more strict on what was okay and what was not. Moreover last year in May~July 2020, the Epic Store was giving GTA V away from free, we had a LARGE influx of new players, and you could see ban-waves take place all the time. Now a days, people break the rules, get admin-jail, break it again, temp ban. Also, Permanent bans don't even stand up to their name, I've known people who came back after a month or so.

As I see it, the bad apples, the new guys are the ones causing the trouble, without thinking of the consequences of their actions when they go on a robbery spree. I fully understand that they are new and need to learn, but lets be honest, if they break the rules once, they are bound to do it again (not all cases repeat their mistakes, but the majority does). What I am saying, people who broke the rules several times, should not be allowed back for at least 6 months cool-down (admin can determine longer period at his discretion and severity of the offense) period before they can appeal it if a Permanent Ban was handed down not a MONTH later.

People I know who were banned, for minor issues were not allowed back onto the server for over 6 months before they could appeal, yet, people who break the rules constantly are allowed to appeal in a month or less depending on case. I wonder why that's how it is, something has to change.

Back on topic after I explained my point of view on the potential reasons why people do not roleplay outside. I have a friend who is the owner of Guns Direct store in La Mesa, he made a somewhat of a fort knox out of the parking area, reason being petty criminals coming in in attempts to steal a car or two. People who go to steal a car at a location such as this should know, that the customers and staff are Armed, meaning there is a high chance of you loosing your life there. People who go there to rob a car, do not think ahead enough to consider the consequences and character development reasons to go there to try and get a car to chop. High risk high reward, yet, why people do it, not for character development, for the OOC loot in the form of car parts they can use to make switch blades and other weapons they can sell for Money.

Similar thing can be said about Drug dealers, majority of the time when I heard someone try to get drugs, they were either scammed, robbed or they got the drugs but ended up being tailed by the dealer and robbed after they already paid for the drugs. Those do it for the thrill, as if it's GTA:O, which it is not.

The approach of how Admins handle constant rule breakers and how Law Enforcement reacts to 911 calls regarding theft. One thing is certain Rental cars either have to be off limits for use for a robbery or the way Rentals work has to change, meaning even if the car de-spawned the plate it had and who rented it out remains in the System allowing cops to track it down. Lease vehicles that you get for $500 at the airport, should be limited to being sold & taken away once you reached 40 hours of play time on the character. Why? By 40 hours you have enough money to afford a mid-range car price wise, there are plenty of sub 100k cars that are good performers along with low maintenance fee.

Lest I forget, we should not forget the people who drive UP CLOSE to you while you're in your car just to see the name tag, even if you have level 1 tint (limo grade tint! you can't see in unless you use a flashlight up close), which in essence is somewhat of a Metagame move. Majority of the issues I raised here are contributors to WHY people do not roleplay out doors that much, they do not want to become easy prey for the chain robbers.

• Upvote 2
42 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

People I know who were banned, for minor issues were not allowed back onto the server for over 6 months before they could appeal, yet, people who break the rules constantly are allowed to appeal in a month or less depending on case. I wonder why that's how it is, something has to change.

This is a great point. I know people that got unbanned a week after their permaban. How did that happen? Nobody has a clue, no one can provide a proper explanation. 

4 hours ago, Dakimakura said:

Go to Vespucci/Vespucci Beach, park your car in front of the beach and will be gone in five minutes, or also 4 unmasked "crazy teenager gangbangers" will make you a visit while you sunbathe with your friends, oh yeah, go for a walk around Richman and get robbed and murdered by the same chainrobbers in their black buffalo, all this without them being provoked.

And robberies is one of the reason, the other reason is everyone and their mothers are rp/erping in interiors, I'd blow my head off before RPng in an interior.

I've spent up to 20-40 minutes casually walking around two of the areas you mentioned, also South Central, Downtown LS and Vinewood... and I never once encountered this. I see a lot of complaining about this, but it never happens first hand... interesting!

21 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

I've spent up to 20-40 minutes casually walking around two of the areas you mentioned, also South Central, Downtown LS and Vinewood... and I never once encountered this. I see a lot of complaining about this, but it never happens first hand... interesting!

Depends on the time of day.

It's ALMOST as if people are finally portraying fear realistically in a city where you're not safe anywhere and there's nobody to witness a crime and possibly protect you by calling 911. It's the same concept as a father not letting his daughter go out alone after dark. Except on GTA:W nobody cares about time of day or location. And it gets boring if every single civilian character you make has to RP a victim and has to be traumatized eventually simply because of our setting. You can avoid that happening by playing extremely careful and remaining in interiors. It's an inevitable consequence and a direct result of IFM's decision. It's hopefully not too late to revert this and go back to a semi-peaceful setting where you can sit on a bench outside without hearing "Ayo run your pockets".

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 3
5 hours ago, RufioCas said:

My guy said violence in night clubs is immersion breaking when most of the customers literally afk in a dance animation and there are people just casually sitting in a club sipping on their beer like it's a chill bar 😂😂 can't tell if u ever been to a club irl

fights happen often at real nightclubs as well, mostly women related. There's a reason why bouncers exist. Lets be honest my guy u just want to erp in peace

What are you even on about? There’s plenty of actual roleplay inside of nightclubs from both managers and customer alike, seeing as though I was part of it for some time. There are entire corporations on this server (WAVE and AMC) that produce this kind of roleplay. I have been to clubs in real life. Fighting does happen in nightclubs, obviously, but it doesn’t typically end with stabbings and shootings on a nightly basis. If this were to happen in reality, the nightclubs would be shut down. It’s happened before. 

A fair amount of nightclubs have been fairly dead before and part of this is because Los Santos has became significantly violent. Nobody wants to go there if they’re going to get shot in a DM event while stepping outside. Seen it before. 

The insolent comment at the end was uncalled for. Don’t get why you’re talking shit when you’ve never roleplayed with me before and were never around what the Vinewood Bouncers were doing. 

Edited by 13 Ways
1 hour ago, Martyn said:

It's ALMOST as if people are finally portraying fear realistically in a city where you're not safe anywhere and there's nobody to witness a crime and possibly protect you by calling 911. It's the same concept as a father not letting his daughter go out alone after dark. Except on GTA:W nobody cares about time of day or location. And it gets boring if every single civilian character you make has to RP a victim and has to be traumatized eventually simply because of our setting. You can avoid that happening by playing extremely careful and remaining in interiors. It's an inevitable consequence and a direct result of IFM's decision. It's hopefully not too late to revert this and go back to a semi-peaceful setting where you can sit on a bench outside without hearing "Ayo run your pockets".

bro WHERE ARE YALL GETTING ROBBED, IVE NEVER BEEN ROBBED 🤣 im 10000% convinced yall are pulling shit from months ago or making shit up because i have yet to see a robbery that isnt in south central or davis, and to answer that..NIGGA JUST DONT GO TO DAVIS. 

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1