why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

Second one of these discussions this week..

This might be controversial but I swear when I first joined there was just so much going on and that is what brought me to GTA:W, there was always clubs, bars, gyms, mechanic shops, car meets, street races (that werent some cringey crime related shit) restaurants, fast-food chains, etc, etc. But nowadays I just see a few bars and nightclubs and if you do go in there it's like 15-20 people at most sitting in chairs talking. When I first joined world there was so much  more going on and every time you got on it was something new you could try if you were bored of roleplaying, there was liquor stores with moonshine operations happening in the back, drug deals happening on corners, christ I even saw a few tweakers in early 2021 when I spent some of my first times in the illegal RP.

Ever since I came back in February of 2021 it feels like everything just died down and it feels so dead, what happened to the teenage street-racing people on Facebrowser and their little groups like the Annis Kawaii club, what happened to the fast-food chains and coffee shops, I'm assuming apart of the reason people stopped doing gyms and other stuff was because of the fact nobody went to them but, even so..why do ya'll not interact with these type of things?

I remember when GTA:W had that phase where people were rioting over deaths caused by Gruppe Sechs and LSSD/LSPD and shit, granted it was annoying as fuck seeing political stuff brought into a video game when I was trying to escape the real world by hopping on here, but now I sorta wish it was still around.

Is it because I've moved over to more of the illegal side of RP?

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1

Applying for a property to start a local business for RP is a process that easily takes 3 months to get you any kind of response unless it's a lease. That's a start.

By the time you even get a response that character may very well not even be alive anymore or interest faded.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Koko said:

Applying for a property to start a local business for RP is a process that easily takes 3 months to get you any kind of response unless it's a lease. That's a start.

Why is it like this? Can anybody from Property Management explain?

a lot of the businesses you see while driving around are owned by people that just hoard them and never open them for no aparent reason, making the city feel dead because people that have a genuine interest to open something just can't get a business, all of the properties are already owned and for those that aren't...

20 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Why is it like this? Can anybody from Property Management explain?

because they decided to make every single property a lease, therefore if it closes it has to be sent to the lease request queue that is manually approved by PM, and for that I believe it's around 5 PM members needed in a meeting for it to go anywhere

also haha i hoard business sell business for 3x price haha me millionaire

Edited by Sim
  • Upvote 2

A) Crime being rampant with no regulations making the entire city a battle royale for crime grinders (r.e "If no player is there, there is no one to report it.") resulting in roleplay taken to interiors. No one wants to deal with poor quality robberies or kidnappings for their $20 in the pocket.

B) Businesses taking prolonged time to be requested, approved and set up.

C) Unique concepts failing to find support to be sufficient. Projects often run as a one man show with little visitors as people rather use the established forms of businesses (r.e. going to a restaurant expecting a bar experience, nieche concepts having little visitors and overall lack of interest - night club 23125125 gives you your $4.000 checks just like an electronics store would)

D) Law Enforcement and illegal factions being too busy with shootings opposed to passive roleplay. To put it into perspective, out of the last 7 days, 5 6 nights have been with a so-called TAC alert enacted for police, essentially being an internal state of emergency - usually called out after an increased amount of (Officer-involved) shootings (back to back shootings left and right). Talking things such as hood parties, people just hanging out and community relations & off-duty roleplay for the police side of things missing out because of that.

Edited by orca112
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, orca112 said:

) Crime being rampant with no regulations making the entire city a battle royale for crime grinders (r.e "If no player is there, there is no one to report it.") resulting in roleplay taken to interiors. No one wants to deal with poor quality robberies or kidnappings for their $20 in the pocket.

*thread gets created*

nine second later..

BECAUSE CRIME! ILLEGAL COMMUNITY!

crime and crime RP has literally nothing to do with this topic.

28 minutes ago, ZaE said:

crime and crime RP has literally nothing to do with this topic.

profileIcon_3m5uqbwrvpv51.jpg?width=256&

Letting a bunch of crime grinders go wild across the entire city will result in people not bothering to stay outside. Any minute spent outside is bearing the risk of being robbed or kidnapped by a four deep sedan looking for a quick lick and PF guns. Crime GRIND has something to do with it and cannot be denied. It is one of the four listed factors that contributed towards the decline of outdoor roleplay being as bad as needing flat out bans added to the server rules.

Edited by orca112
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2