Staff Reports...

Bandit.

Now hear me out...

I believe that staff reports should be open to the public and should be seen by everyone. My reasoning for this is so we can see exactly the same thing that everyone else sees on US the "community." Why should a staff members mistakes be swept under the rug or when we have staff reports that go unanswered for up to a month at a time? 

Feel free to tell me your thoughts.

• Upvote 23

Unfortunately, as much I as I would love to see it happen and I believe it's a great suggestion. I don't think it will for the simple reason of transparency being the problem here, transparency is only encouraged by people when it will reflect positively on them, this? Will only make the staff team look like clowns with what some of them potentially do and get reported for, bringing a negative name to the staff team as a whole.

Prove me wrong though, GTAW, do this and I'd love to see how it goes.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, unlawfulact said:

Unfortunately, as much I as I would love to see it happen and I believe it's a great suggestion. I don't think it will for the simple reason of transparency being the problem here, transparency is only encouraged by people when it will reflect positively on them, this? Will only make the staff team look like clowns with what some of them potentially do and get reported for, bringing a negative name to the staff team as a whole.

Prove me wrong though, GTAW, do this and I'd love to see how it goes.

that just sounds to me like an issue from higher up that needs to be reflected on the whole staff team if stuff like this happens, not to sound like a jerk or hateful but if a staff team cant be transparent, they have something they wont wanna show others

• Upvote 1

Sounds cool in theory and accountability is always good, but at the same time this will also promote more friction between players as some people get extremely angry that the person they reported did not get punished in the manner they wanted and as such report the admin who dolled out the punishment.

Of course I haven't been staff for a long time and can't speak for the current team, but there was a high amount of pettiness when I was an admin and I do believe that airing such things would only cause damage to both players and the staff as it creates an image that is presented to the community.

• Jonesy locked this topic