police response numbers

ZaE

4 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

You're strawmanning extremely hard, I'm guessing it's because you realise your argument is poor. At no point did I say I don't enjoy passive RP and that we're here to shoot people. If that's your argument, you've already lost, because you're putting words in my mouth.

I said it's unreasonable to waste time on scenes that lead nowhere ( RPing with a corpse = RPing with yourself ) and to wait for factions that are clearly undermanned. I've seen scenes that took 30 mins for DMEC to arrive. Yeah, no. It's not my duty to sacrifice my free time because your faction isn't active.

Then ask the IFM the crack down on all the crime so there's fewer bodies. Complaining on the forums isn't going to make LEO players take those pointless calls that lead nowhere.

My man no offense but if you think you're wasting your time being an LEO, find another hobby. You're going to puppy-guard bodies as a cop, that's just grade A job requirements, if you can't handle that, or you think you're wasting your time, then the job is literally probably not for you. I've had scenes where I've waited on LSPD/LSSD for up to an hour to secure a scene or shit, respond to shootings at EMS/DMEC. That's just the nature of the roleplay and the roleplay job you're in, if you want pure action, there's plenty of great FiveM servers for that, there's LSPDFR, and light roleplay servers galore.

People /rely/ on LEO's to secure scenes and assist them in their roleplay, you're as much of a public service OOCly as you are ICly, and if you don't want to do that, great, don't be a cop, don't waste everyone's time.

Plenty of amazing LEO roleplayers take the time to stay on these scenes and create amazing character moments out of it. LSSD somehow does it fantastically, or at least use to. And a lot of my best interactions were at body scenes.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 1

Every problem is criminals fault.

Too many police on scene? Stop being bad criminals.

Not enough police on scene? Stop being bad criminals.

Too many clubs? Criminals.

Not enough unique businesses? Criminals.

PD players admitting that they just straight up ignore calls and RP because they want to RP a cop but don't actually want to take responsibility for fighting crime? Who could possibly be to blame? That's right! Those damn criminals!

Everyone is entitled to play the game in a way that is enjoyable to them, but this is a serious RP server. If you sign up to be a LEO, your expected to RP all aspects and all duties. Not just the ones you and your friends think are exciting. Am I saying that criminal RPers are a pure angelic entity that is doing no wrong? Absolutely not. There are some dogshit criminal RPers who do the bare minimum and definitely contribute to the issues the community faces.

But you can't sit here and complain that crime being outrageously high is the issue when you also admit that a lot of you just straight up ignore calls and let crime get worse because your tired of dealing with it and then we see 35 officers responding to the shootout calls that apparently always lead to nothing. IFM isn't going to come in and magically fix the situation because the issue is not an illegal faction management one. 

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

if you can't handle that, or you think you're wasting your time, then the job is literally probably not for you

Then I hope you enjoy having to wait even longer for those calls, because the sentiment is clearly shared by many others, since they're not taking those calls.

35 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

if you want pure action, there's plenty of great FiveM servers for that

Hilarious that you should mention that, because that's exactly why we have so many bodies. Criminal RPers not being able to keep their gun in their pants and ending everything in murder.

30 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

but don't actually want to take responsibility for fighting crime?

Go on Ebay and buy some Reading Comprehension. But just in case your card returns an error, I'll explain again. Slowly, using crayons.

Guarding bodies does not help fight crime at all. 1 in 1000 body scenes will give you anything relevant.

Most of the time you find casings that will lead to some stolen gun from a dude that hasn't logged in months. A useless waste of time.

IFM isn't going to come in and magically fix the situation because the issue is not an 

illegal faction management one. 

You're absolutely delusional. Our city of 700 players has the death rate of fucking Omaha Beach in World War 2. That's 100% an IFM issue. They're completely failing at keeping crime to a realistic level.

Edited by averycoolguy
1 hour ago, averycoolguy said:

Go on Ebay and buy some Reading Comprehension. But just in case your card returns an error, I'll explain again. Slowly, using crayons.

Guarding bodies does not help fight crime at all. 1 in 1000 body scenes will give you anything relevant.

Most of the time you find casings that will lead to some stolen gun from a dude that hasn't logged in months. A useless waste of time.

You're absolutely delusional. Our city of 700 players has the death rate of fucking Omaha Beach in World War 2. That's 100% an IFM issue. They're completely failing at keeping crime to a realistic level.

Go outside and touch some grass, your clearly becoming to obsessed with the game friend.

Nobody said police RP is going to be fun even 50% of the time. But it's this frankly toxic fucking attitude your showing that's probably making it worse for you. Nobody said guarding bodies is what will lead to lower rates of crime, but it's apart of your characters job and maybe if LEO's actually did their jobs 100% of the time instead of picking and choosing which calls they want to take we'd see a difference.

But no, instead you come to the forums and throw a tantrum like a 5 year old. Slinging blame around on people and teams when you don't even know what they are fucking responsible for buddy. The funniest part of this entire exchange is the fact that you seem to think IFM is this godly power with an all seeing eye that sees and is responsible for every single illegal RP act on the server. When in reality, they're area of responsibility is literally in their name. Illegal faction Management. They manage the criminal factions on the server, they oversee suppliers/criminal schemes and they communicate with faction leaders. You know what they don't oversee? Random groups of three IRL buddies who made their accounts last week, formed a gang and started doing shit without even knowing there's a process for forming groups let alone an entire management team exists to oversee them. 

See this is what bothers me, I don't have a problem with people from all sides having a say in this discussion. But time after time I see LEO's and civilians acting like they've identified the root cause of all issues on the server when a lot of the times (Like you) they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. You want IFM to crackdown on the criminal RP they oversee? Fine, it'll get slightly better for a brief period. But if you actually knew what the fuck you were talking about you'd know, this is an RPQM issue. You'd be up in arms about the fact that RPQM isn't policing the RP quality of criminals on the server. That's at least a logical team to focus your frustrations at because that's the team who's responsibility this falls under. 

But no, lets blame Illegal RPers and IFM! We don't know what they do but they have Illegal in their name so they must be at fault.

Edited by Trupiano
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 3
1 minute ago, TinyPotato said:

I think its kind of lame to shit on IFM.

The standards on GTA:W are way higher than any of its SAMP predecessors. You're always going to have that uneasy tension between people that want as deep realism as possible and people who want a realistic setting for beyond-realistic/hyper-inflated behaviors. There are people who really enjoy RPing the majority of their characters lives, and those who see RP as the "highlight reel" and avoid passive RP. Roleplay on GTA games has always awkwardly tried to cater to both groups and given the limited population of GTA-Roleplayers, and the benefits to population density, it makes sense not to favor one over the other.

I think people on both sides of the fence need to roll with the punches a bit better. Everyone has slightly different expectations and standards when it comes to what they're aiming for with their roleplay experience. I don't think its impossible to acknowledge people want fun "gameplay" in their RP experience as well as acknowledging there's something uniquely enjoyable about RP that goes to a certain level of depth and realism.

Crime is not at a realistic level, no. Neither is the age distribution of characters. Nor the wealth distribution. Nor the business type distribution. Nor the car distribution. I could go on, but I think my point is clear. People want to roleplay certain things, usually characters with what we consider "interesting" lives. Usually lives we are not entirely privvy to in our real lives (I wouldn't RP myself). If someone feels they can't roleplay what they find interesting, they'll likely leave. It behooves the server as a whole to make a reasonably wide space to allow for people to pursue what they find fun; the area where we have to draw the line is where ones RP impacts anothers. To that extent I think the server admin does a reasonably good job compared to any other GTA-RP server I've ever seen. Its really obvious the different "groups" on GTA:W enjoy RP in different ways, and I think its healthy to make reasonable space for all them. Illegal and legal RP can really feed off eachother; having players who want to roleplay different things actually creates great opportunity. I love that my criminal characters can't have a roleplayed life outside criminality. I love that my legal characters can stumble into/cross paths with sinister things and have the normalcy of their lives temporarily disrupted. I don't want a server with just one or the other even if that means enduring some stupid DM from 15 y.o chars or some absurd portayals of lesbian club princesses.

Very truthful.

1 hour ago, Trupiano said:

but it's apart of your characters job

No, it isn't. You don't get to decide what calls they should respond to. Just like real life, there are calls that go unanswered. You can keep whining about it OOC but as long as it's an unsatisfying process they will continue to be unanswered. You clearly haven't had to deal with waiting a shitton of time for an undermanned faction so frankly you should shut up as you have no right to throw around your bad takes.

They manage the criminal factions on the server, they oversee suppliers/criminal schemes

Ding ding ding. How do you think there's so much murdering? Too many guns.

Go outside and touch some grass, your clearly becoming to obsessed with the game friend

Maybe you should take an English dictionary, touch some grass yourself, and learn the difference between ''your'' and ''you're''.

Edited by averycoolguy

Alright locking this because all you guys are doing is attacking each other.

This may be the internet, but learn to talk to other human beings, my god. 

You are free to disagree with each other, but then when you start insulting each other, it truly shows your immaturity levels.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic