police response numbers

ZaE

Keep in mind that there's more than one agency in the city as a primary jurisdiction. Both sides might be responding to something, and not even know it. The likelihood of getting a larger response also depends on the area. I don't think anyone here will contest the fact that 911 calls in the areas of Davis, Strawberry, Jamestown, etc... have a much higher probability of conflict towards police, or violence overall. It's hard to say that the response isn't warranted when people are getting shot every ten minutes.

This is my take on the situation, not that anyone asked.

First off, I think it might benefit the police department to actively having a patrol walk certain areas. If they get DM’d they should report it as they have no reason to be killed. The reason to walk around would be to more actively interact with gang members or civilians actively. Many times a lot of the police officers IG are not personable in anyway, granted there are some but most are not they are kinda like Robo Cop yet he even has more personality. This will help improve IC relations, AND if you are met with negativity starting hanging out in their area constantly. That is what the police do in the United States, they will over run your drug spot making it the cops spot. While at first this may get some officers DM’d this is the pain they will need to go through by reporting and getting it solved to increase role play. Furthermore civilians will be more likely to call the authorizes as they feel the cops actually care about them. 

Second off, my criminal justice teacher explained to us all that you can not be complacent as a police officer. ANY window you walk up to in a traffic stop could be the last and you should be prepared for that being in a law enforcement position. I think anymore than 3 cruisers is kinda over kill even if the guy starts shooting, plus you should have the advantage to draw first being outside the car. Granted if the dudes have assault rifles or are four deep you may need more officers. That is not the majority of situations I am sure.On the flip side criminals should do more than just shooting from their car. Possibly causing a foot chase, singling out an officer from the group when running, then turning around to shoot is something that really happens. I completely agree that shooting police officers in a traffic stop is completely fail RP when in Los Santos like a busy neighborhood. I believe criminals should improve the situations they put themselves in to actively open fire on officers. 

Lastly, pulling over individuals for minor violations ruins public opinion of police officers. It’s in our US criminal justice book that if you are pulling someone over for a minor violation you are actually eroding public trust. People do not like getting tiny tickets, this does not mean you can’t pull them over. It means you need to offer reasoning, and explanation improving the trust and bond between you and the civilian. Explain to them that the reason we can’t have tiny on cars is due to criminals using it to hide, I need you to remove it as soon as possible. Something as simple as that can keep public trust while also doing the same job. In a city that is full of murders and robberies, traffic tickets should be at the bottom of the list.

Murder, Robbery, and Rape are the big three that a police department IRL needs to focus on. The good thing is you guys only need to worry about two of them, and then you can focus on minor violations. I would really like to see these neighborhoods that are cesspools of crime can get over run with officers and build relationships with the civilians struggling to live in the area.

Also start carrying your assault rifles more with you if you feel like it is a dangerous area, sling it over the front of you to show that you are ready and not afraid of these gang members. I have seen many officer's have it slung in front of them and is for their own safety depending on the situation.

This is some of the things I have noticed, I am not perfect and can be wrong as well. 

Edited by tyfer12

You can try telling them to not respond, they do anyway because they want to be involved, and think their the only ones doing it.

90 cars of people thinking their the only cop that's "just gonna do a drive by anyway".

It's because people dont know how to play cop.

Just now, EMC said:

You can try telling them to not respond, they do anyway because they want to be involved, and think their the only ones doing it.

90 cars of people thinking their the only cop that's "just gonna do a drive by anyway".

It's because people dont know how to play cop.

you can say this, but people have provided plenty of examples of why cops respond ICLy the way they do.  Reduce blatant, mass murders, and cops will stop responding the way they do. Reduce random cop killings over tickets and traffic citations, and cops will stop responding the way they do.

hood rpers really complaining... the rule is never get caught lacking

there is a high amount of back-up so we don't get caught lacking by someone who decides they'll dm 2 cops to avoid being 'arrested' for possession of one gram of weed without any roleplaying whilst the cops are typing up hi

if anythings it an IC issue, take it to your senator... but i doubt anything will happen as its not a real problem

20 hours ago, Sycamour said:

The dumbest shit to just consistently have no one turn up to help you because the call isn't interesting enough.

Those calls are usually someone throwing verbal diarheea at you and they have no follow-ups. Unless you've got video proof of what happened cops can't do anything about it. They're not gonna arrest a guy just because you say they shagged your nan.

If you have a crime to report go to the LSPD forums and write a crime complaint.

Edited by averycoolguy

Police officers are not out there to rack up likes from the public. That's a common misconception. Police is here to maintain order, that is their priority.

If the law says you cannot have tint grade 3 on your windows, why would you even put it there? In my country, for example speeding through the city or blowing it on red light is not only considered as traffic violation, but depending on traffic density and time of the day also endangering of public safety, which warrants for license suspension and driving school re-examination. People complain that cops are robocops without personality. Wrong, they are not allowed to express their personalities on duty.  As for the rest. Increased police presence anywhere from a traffic stop to shooting in Davis is direct consequence of loose cannon habit of majority of criminals.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Wuhtah locked this topic