police response numbers

ZaE

2 hours ago, ZaE said:

yeah this thread opened up my eyes to how many cops get killed over stupid shit, but the cops also shoot civilians and other characters over dumb shit just as much, the cops shouldnt be running around thirsting for the next big crime to happen, imo cops need to learn how to balance police and civilian RP with their characters and do more passive shit, which granted is very difficult on GTA:W because of the mass murders that happen but, its possible

Hats off to you my man.

3 hours ago, Murat said:

I remember when someone asked why cops kept circling certain locations even though it’s not common to have like 7 different cruisers in a hood waiting for shit to happen. The response I got from a cop was: “We want fun just as much as you do.”  😬

Also, let’s not act like this is one sided. Cops also shoot civillians / gang members ig for no reason. It happens, part of the game.

wonder if it has anything to do with the endless bloodshed that makes ww1 look like a meme

I just stopped calling the cops because they don't ever show up to my calls. But I go down the street and there's 6 of them at one speeding driver being pulled over. ???

The dumbest shit to just consistently have no one turn up to help you because the call isn't interesting enough.

Edited by Sycamour
  • Applaud 1

Do the PD have dispatch?

I'd imagine someone saying "two officers are responding already" to redirect units would help.

Yet we all know they would just show up "just incase" anyway, think their the only ones, like the other 89 cars.

5 hours ago, EMC said:

Do the PD have dispatch?

I'd imagine someone saying "two officers are responding already" to redirect units would help.

Yet we all know they would just show up "just incase" anyway, think their the only ones, like the other 89 cars.

PD doesn't have a dispatch. From my time in PD, even when requesting an additional to your traffic stop, other people would come regardless if someone said he's responding anyways. They tried limiting it a bit, but to no avail. That was at least a few months ago, though.

5KXV9QP.png

There's a lot of controversy about this topic, the recent years of police protocol updates in US departments follow the idea that there's never enough backup and that you should never go alone or do something that can go wrong alone. I don't feel like it's unrealistic if you have a lot of units on your traffic stop, because either way, in real-life, you'd be outnumbered by at least 2-3 cruisers with trained cops. And I believe that number would even out to the 7-8 units we usually get in-game. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic