police response numbers

ZaE

39 minutes ago, Jennie said:

It's not my case because my character doesn't carry weapons but many carry illegal weapons or have a warrant, chasing with 9 cars and a helicopter a person who evades (And that said LEO doesn't know who he/she is) is excessive.

Majority of the time you get yourself into deeper shit because you run over silly things you've got a warrant for. Even if you've got an illegal weapon on you, that's a misdemeanor with a 3 hour of jail time??? People need to stop normalizing evading over everything and you won't have problems with people allegedly using excessive assets for pursuits. Majority of the time a helicopter isn't active and units can be busy with other calls. I don't know what you expect when people respond in bigger numbers when server is dead ingame and that's the only active situation they can attend. 

One major thing that most people are unaware of is that cops in the US are trained to assume the worst unless they know otherwise. They are trained to treat every situation like they could die. And they really can die on literally every call they attend. It's the unfortunate reality of law enforcement in the US for quite some time. Cops can get shot or stabbed for responding to a noise complaint in real life. There was bodycam footage released recently of a cop getting shot in the head while investigating a petty theft complaint. Traffic stops and any sort of call involving a domestic property are some of the most dangerous things a cop can do.

In-game this can happen at literally any scene too. Guns are extremely easy to get so everyone is treated like they're armed until the cops can be sure they're not. Not only is this in line with how things are done in real life, it is also an IC reaction to how things are. If I had the time, I could find hundreds of clips of someone pulling a concealed weapon out and headshotting one or two cops before they could really react. When the current weapon meta allows this to happen, it's pretty much a requirement that cops outnumber the people they are dealing with. This is particularly true for areas where cops get shot at for just being there. If cop pulls over a car in Rockford Hills you'll only see a backup unit if the person is likely to run. But if a traffic stop happens in anywhere in South Central, you have cops pulling up to that traffic stop for cover without being asked. Some might assume that the extra cops are there because they expect a shootout. And yes, that's absolutely true. It's not because they want to have a shootout though. It's to deter one from happening. If South Central stops being GTA World's Team Deathmatch DLC then you'll start seeing a lot less cops on scenes. I've stopped patrolling at peak time recently because the amount of shootings is genuinely demotivating. It's at a point where it's difficult to roleplay a character properly if all they do is go to shootings back to back only to see stacks of dead bodies and pick up casings.

For situations that don't specifically involve gang areas, things might seem excessive when you're at the outside looking in. The other night the LSSD had at least 10 units pursuing an Emperor and someone forwarded me some screenshots of a group of players complaining about that being excessive. With those facts alone it does seem excessive but what they didn't know is that not only was the driver being pursued after walking into a medical clinic with a gun and threatening people, but they were shooting out of the vehicle too. It's very easy to see a glimpse of a pursuit going on and assume it's excessive without knowing the specifics. Then we have situations where someone is evading for something they think is minor but they have a bunch of cops on them. I'll refer back to the above paragraph and say that everyone has to be assumed to be armed and dangerous. This is why the LSSD never boxes anyone in. More and more car thieves are carrying guns on them so we have situations where the cars you least expect will have a driver with a gun operating them. 

I'll conclude by saying that I would much rather have it so there is less units responding. But as long as guns are so readily available and people are eager to use them against cops, it simply won't change. It's impossible to ask any of the law enforcement factions to reduce the amount of units it has on any particular scenes because it essentially makes them sitting ducks for the next DM compilation.

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Keane said:

One major thing that most people are unaware of is that cops in the US are trained to assume the worst unless they know otherwise. They are trained to treat every situation like they could die. And they really can die on literally every call they attend. It's the unfortunate reality of law enforcement in the US for quite some time. Cops can get shot or stabbed for responding to a noise complaint in real life. There was bodycam footage released recently of a cop getting shot in the head while investigating a petty theft complaint. Traffic stops and any sort of call involving a domestic property are some of the most dangerous things a cop can do.

In-game this can happen at literally any scene too. Guns are extremely easy to get so everyone is treated like they're armed until the cops can be sure they're not. Not only is this in line with how things are done in real life, it is also an IC reaction to how things are. If I had the time, I could find hundreds of clips of someone pulling a concealed weapon out and headshotting one or two cops before they could really react. When the current weapon meta allows this to happen, it's pretty much a requirement that cops outnumber the people they are dealing with. This is particularly true for areas where cops get shot at for just being there. If cop pulls over a car in Rockford Hills you'll only see a backup unit if the person is likely to run. But if a traffic stop happens in anywhere in South Central, you have cops pulling up to that traffic stop for cover without being asked. Some might assume that the extra cops are there because they expect a shootout. And yes, that's absolutely true. It's not because they want to have a shootout though. It's to deter one from happening. If South Central stops being GTA World's Team Deathmatch DLC then you'll start seeing a lot less cops on scenes. I've stopped patrolling at peak time recently because the amount of shootings is genuinely demotivating. It's at a point where it's difficult to roleplay a character properly if all they do is go to shootings back to back only to see stacks of dead bodies and pick up casings.

For situations that don't specifically involve gang areas, things might seem excessive when you're at the outside looking in. The other night the LSSD had at least 10 units pursuing an Emperor and someone forwarded me some screenshots of a group of players complaining about that being excessive. With those facts alone it does seem excessive but what they didn't know is that not only was the driver being pursued after walking into a medical clinic with a gun and threatening people, but they were shooting out of the vehicle too. It's very easy to see a glimpse of a pursuit going on and assume it's excessive without knowing the specifics. Then we have situations where someone is evading for something they think is minor but they have a bunch of cops on them. I'll refer back to the above paragraph and say that everyone has to be assumed to be armed and dangerous. This is why the LSSD never boxes anyone in. More and more car thieves are carrying guns on them so we have situations where the cars you least expect will have a driver with a gun operating them. 

I'll conclude by saying that I would much rather have it so there is less units responding. But as long as guns are so readily available and people are eager to use them against cops, it simply won't change. It's impossible to ask any of the law enforcement factions to reduce the amount of units it has on any particular scenes because it essentially makes them sitting ducks for the next DM compilation.

From a DM-er POV I think they are more tempted to wipe a whole pack of sheeps than to pick on the lonely lamb. More presence = More tension = More hot-blooded actions. 

I like the heavy handed cop response in SC. It makes the atmosphere feel brutal. I don't see any OOC need to request less cops to show up. Its all IC defined; SC has a absurdly high violent crime rate, so cops behave accordingly. That's a lot better RP than a lone cop acting cocky. In an IC way it trains my criminal character to avoid/be fearful of police.

Is it annoying to lose a firearm because you stepped outside your apartment at the wrong time, and cops are sweeping the ghetto? Yes. Is it realistic? Very. It actually makes me feel like I'm playing a different character with a different life when I go on my South Central resident versus my Del Perro residing character.

I'm sure in real life things vary lots city to city, state to state, country to country, but I've seen police IRL respond very heavy to smaller incidents. Why? Couldn't say for sure, but it often looks like a combination of using low-risk incidents as training plus if you have unoccupied units in the area, why not use them?

5 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

From a DM-er POV I think they are more tempted to wipe a whole pack of sheeps than to pick on the lonely lamb. More presence = More tension = More hot-blooded actions. 

then i guess they're more likely to get domed by a dozen guns? that kinda proves that DMer's have no actual care for their characters, and shouldn't really be on the server.

"ah yes, a crowd of cops, I shall fire at them with my uzi, big brain time"

nefarious_darius has been killed

7 hours ago, Jennie said:

It's not my case because my character doesn't carry weapons but many carry illegal weapons or have a warrant, chasing with 9 cars and a helicopter a person who evades (And that said LEO doesn't know who he/she is) is excessive.

If they have illegal weapons or a warrant 9 cars and a helicopter is perfectly valid.

20 hours ago, ZaE said:

saw this being talked abt in a discord by the homie @DLimit and it reminded me of this, why do police respond with like 90 cruisers over the smallest of things, I swear somebody could steal a cookie from a store and fifty cops will pull up, It don’t make no sense, ive seen dudes get shit on up here by bullets (granted its Baltimore) and only like 3 cops pull up 🤣 wnd don’t get me started about pursuits, they will have 60 cars for a nigga in a paddywagon 

Dude, when cops do not stop when they see an active MVA situation, and move along, seriously no sirens no nothing just drive past while FD ain't responding.. That is when you know their priorities.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Dude, when cops do not stop when they see an active MVA situation, and move along, seriously no sirens no nothing just drive past while FD ain't responding.. That is when you know their priorities.

I find MVA RP fun, but usually no one has a recording of what happened so you're just sitting around collecting statements.

People are allowed to have preferences.

• Wuhtah locked this topic