police response numbers

ZaE

Let's not derail this thread please and remain on-topic.

Now, you are asking why the LEO factions send numerous units for a "small thing". Very good question, it's a question that many non-LEO RPers (or, at least those who never RPed in a LEO faction) ask themselves after seeing 10 cruisers on a traffic stop that escalated into a shootout with or without a good reason on the criminal's part.

Understand this; LEO factions serve to react to illegal RPer's actions. It's no strange that even teenagers arm themselves with assault rifles and open fire at LEOs who were merely citing a speeding ticket. It is not a strange fact that the more cruisers are on a traffic stop (or any other situation), the far less likely the suspect(s) will respond with shootout or any other violent action. This is what's happening. Lone officers (or, if they are outnumbered in ratio) are more prone to get attacked.

If you would like to see decreased police presence, players need to stop committing crimes that are too obvious (shootouts, brawls, committing a crime in crime-infected areas, etc). If you don't stop your actions, the police forces will react to your actions. Action - Reaction.

And, if they are in crime-infested area or the police stopped a 2+ deep car, numerous backup units is almost 100% guaranteed.

There is a reason why rich neighbourhoods (think Richman) have decreased police presence, it's because serious crimes rarely happen! Meanwhile, Davis is under militarized rule by the LSPD and LSSD because the crime is simply out of control.

Other fellow users posted their thoughts so I won't repeat them. I hope this answers your question though!

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

2 LAPD officers died in 2019.

In Los Santos that's 2 a week. Don't even try to compare this to real life.

You missed the point entirely, we're on the same page. I brought them up as recent points of reference for the people who'd said it *didn't happen at all* in real life, which is incorrect.

Edited by Midwest

I for one am completely against, to an extent. I've been role-playing law enforcement for around two years on the community and another five years to that overall within law enforcement. There is an absolute valid reason for these response numbers, and simply put, it's the violence. It's gotten a lot better, but there used to be nights where we turned up with one to two leo bodies a night, or worse when the CK war was in full effect. This resulted for the so called overresponding to calls of service or traffic stops. 

I will speak specifically about traffic stops, since calls of service explain themselves (I.e. if somebody calls in a shooting, everyone will respond, simple.) When it comes to traffic stops, I've generally not seen a lot of units attacking attacking one, and if yes, it's got a reason such as person is an affiliate with a gang, got previous felony charges, BOLO is out for the car, stuff like that. And even then, it's valid. If I look at it from a realistic standpoint, traffic stops are one, if not the most, dangerous activity an officer can do, since you just don't know who the person is and what they are ready to do, so, with that, I'll continue calling assistance to my traffic stops no matter how many shootings occur around LS and how realistic the crime-rate is.

32 minutes ago, Jennie said:

I understand that 5 cars appear because people kill PDs as if they were flies for absurd reasons, but taking out a helicopter and being chased by 9 cars for evading either by not stopping at a traffic light or speeding seems excessive to me.

Why evade over an infraction which gives you a $2,500 fine to begin with?

2 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Why evade over an infraction which gives you a $2,500 fine to begin with?

It's not my case because my character doesn't carry weapons but many carry illegal weapons or have a warrant, chasing with 9 cars and a helicopter a person who evades (And that said LEO doesn't know who he/she is) is excessive.

3 minutes ago, Jennie said:

It's not my case because my character doesn't carry weapons but many carry illegal weapons or have a warrant, chasing with 9 cars and a helicopter a person who evades (And that said LEO doesn't know who he/she is) is excessive.

If I don't know who the person is, I can either assume it's a kid just being silly, or it could be one of the warrants you mention, in which case, backup is justified. When you have an -unknown- person fleeing, you will assume the worse possible outcome. And we had instances where someone turned it from an evasion to a gun fight or otherwise. And if they just ran to get out of a ticket, then that again is the consequences of their actions. Officer safety is paramount, and I would rather have more units helping me when I don't know what I am dealing with, because when you don't know what to expect, the outcome can be more severe.

10 minutes ago, Jennie said:

that makes literally no sense. at all. none.

• Wuhtah locked this topic