police response numbers

ZaE

2 hours ago, ZaE said:

saw this being talked abt in a discord by the homie @DLimit and it reminded me of this, why do police respond with like 90 cruisers over the smallest of things, I swear somebody could steal a cookie from a store and fifty cops will pull up, It don’t make no sense, ive seen dudes get shit on up here by bullets (granted its Baltimore) and only like 3 cops pull up 🤣 wnd don’t get me started about pursuits, they will have 60 cars for a nigga in a paddywagon 

Police response is IC proportionate to the amount of violence, killings and cop homicides this city has. LAPD has 1 cop killed a year, LSPD has 50.

If you want lesser responses, you need to reduce the amount of homicides and weapons that happen in Davis. Los Santos is deadlier than some World War 2 battlefields.

Here's a recent case. When you see a lot of cops responding, know that stuff like this is the reason why it happens. Don't like it? Sucks. It's an IC decision.

Maybe gangs should start policing their neighborhoods and stop morons from blasting people day and night, since it means increased police presence.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Applaud 2
5 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

comes down to the trend of cops getting killed over menial stuff over and over and over and over again. Crime rate is sky high IC, so cops take it IC and respond in numbers to any incident.

I'm actually surprised that gangs don't actively stop the amateur criminals from bringing more unneeded, unwanted attention to their areas.

5 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

That's it guys, from now on all police officers must only patrol buck naked on bicycles.

Even if that happened, people would find something new to complain about the LEO Community. Unfortunately it's a vicious circle of issues that will continue to pop up and get fixed with only a new one to occur again.

I would like you to know, whilst I thought about this comment. I laughed my ass off for a solid 10 minutes. Thank you for this.

17 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

I'm actually surprised that gangs don't actively stop the amateur criminals from bringing more unneeded, unwanted attention to their areas.

Can't agree more with this. They'll complain about it all day but rare do I see or hear of any efforts to try and reduce police attention. The solution lies in-character, not in out-of-character restrictions that make no sense.

Be quieter. Resort to open wanton murder only when there's literally no other option. Find other, more creative ways to solve your problems that don't immediately end the roleplay via PK. I've seen at least one illegal faction with this as a mandate. Others should follow that example.

• Upvote 5

Asking for a more "realistic" response in an unrealistic environment in which cops get blasted before even getting out of their car, let alone even calling in their traffic stop for after pulling over a vehicle on a regular basis. People casually elevating a verbal warning or citation into capital murder for no reason ("Oh, our characters were carrying a murder weapon, had warrants on them whilst driving a stolen car without a license and were also high on drugs which clouded their judgement, but never their driving abilities when it came to a high speed pursuit"), same as people killing others for looking at them the wrong way or kidnapping others and dumping them in the middle of nowhere for a cavity search to get their $50 wallet.

When on average, 2-3 cops are being killed per day, there will be an appropriate police response, even to trivial calls simply because these calls can very likely elevate into deadly encounters. The issue here is not the police response, it is a reaction to the unrealistic high amount of shootings and extremely low inhibition threshold to run for a gun as quick as possible with little regard for any consequences. With a lot of encounters having the high probability to result in a life or death situation, people are on edge and will get an appropriate level of response so they can go home alive at the end of the day. I would be concerned if there was not an increased amount of response, indicating people have no regards for their character's life, let alone the lack of comradery between characters and the saying "there is never enough backup".

...and haven't we had the same discussion other way around a couple weeks ago where people complained that police did not do enough and was barely seen patrolling the city? Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't.

• Applaud 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic