RageMP error

Name

hi all, i'm a returning player but i can't get rage to work for some reason..
i tried all the troubleshooting guides and i've re-installed the game and the ragemp launcher.

first it was always selecting drive E:/ for some reason. ((Game is installed on C:/ drive ))..even though that drive has been long gone. I managed to fix that by re-installing GTA V and the launcher.
2nd if i manually set up the location it reaches confirming handshake and thats it - game closes.

I know, it makes no sense but  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

All help is welcome and I'll do any requests logs etc. 

Usually I also get the same thing from time to time once I reach the "Finishing handshake". I just try again and it works after one try or a few tries. But if keeps doing it non-stop and you can't get in-game at all? I'd just recommend redownloading RAGE again as it has nothing to do with your GTA V. It's actually a common thing for most people it seems like. Like I said, I'd keep retrying until it finally loads up all the way. Sometimes for me it takes one try or a few tries. 

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, 'Name', I hope you are well.

Your issue is a code correlation error. When you task your computer with diving through files in a quick succession, it either finds it haphazardly or closes itself. This of course, is a safety protocol installed on your Windows Computer. 

The average player will tell you to retry as your computer works harder to grab what it needs to close the ragemp_ui.exe task and host itself primarily in GTA5.exe. In your case, your computer is failing to do so every time, and there's an easy fix for this.

Firstly, let's consider your drives. I assume your E:/ Drive is an external hard-drive. What you'll need to do is go into 'Disk Management' and expel the drive permanently from your computer. 2 bits of ECC might find themselves in a drive that doesn't exist, and ultimately, make your game not work! 

Once your E:/ drive is deleted you'll want to uninstall RageMP and GTA 5 from your computer. I advise doing it through the Steam / Epic Games / Rockstar Application as opposed to just deleting the files. Once you're finished with that, go ahead and install them onto your C:/ Drive, and not Program Files x86. Let's not forget that Program Files x86 hosts 32 bit compressed data, and Program Files hosts 64 Bit. Make your computer work smarter, not harder! 

Alternatively, if you have a USB 3.0 and a External Hard Drive, your game will run much more smoothly on that. If you're wanting an extra resource, you can consult my guide here.

Regards! 

This tends to happen to everyone every now and then. I'd suggest you trying to load in a couple of times before you actually give up as it occurs. Well, it works me in this instance.

Now, if this doesn't work for you and you keep experiencing this, I would suggest checking some of the stuff here and see if any of it fixes it as it generally happens to be one of these.

unknown.png

I hope you manage to fix this, feel free to tag me here or shoot me a PM if you keep experiencing these.

• Wuhtah locked this topic