Allow Auto-Pilot to be used while Trucking.

EMC

18 hours ago, Vassilios said:

Have you tried the new one?

I might even add a fresh picture of my Gallivanter (ofc I'm in my "Kill Bill" fit) crushed up against the barrier as I attempted a journey from Rockford Hills to Paleto as claimed was done buttery smooth. 

EDIT: It completed the rest of the trip there, however with the occasional brake check- but I think this system has certainly improved from initial release. Menyoo has autopilot drive, and it felt quite similar.

I find it works best on highways when used in conjunction with cruise control. 

11 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

New autopilot is prettyyy good. Got from the city to Paleto no problem.

I definitely see an improvement in the city, it actually went all the way from Portola to there without an issue. I will add I was a bit impressed with how it implemented the turn signals on it's own.

gta-world-2021-10-5-0-11-26.png

Edited by Kimberly

Just FYI, using the auto pilot is significantly slower than not using it, any excuse of truckers using it to benefit them financially is just untrue.

If you are a trucker wanting to make money, you wouldn't use auto pilot to begin with. Its irrelevant. 

If you think trucking is good money, you need to explore the server a bit more.

However, if it wasnt obvious, by dedication to trucking has not allowed me to use the auto pilot much, now that I have, I still think it should be accessible to everyone, however I think it's pretty fair to say I wont be ever using it again. 

Supported. Deep RP doesn't come from driving... it comes from being able to radio, while driving, and potentially interact with people around you. This feature allows truckers to "/radio" more easily without having to stop their vehicle in the middle of a high-way or busy intersection.

The REAL issue is with spamming crates and SPEEDING trucks. That's the issue. 

I agree that trucking overall needs a rework. Despite trucking being literally the single most important job on the server, it is horribly designed and outdated. The job right now heavily rewards speed. It borderline encourages truckers to speed and skip commands. Trucking is literally, "the faster you get it done, the more money you get per hour." It's why a lot of truckers speed, skip rp, or selectively choose the shortest routes possible.

The auto-pilot might help with the speeding truckers tho, at least a little bit. As EMC stated, I'd much rather see truckers afk'ing and cruising down the street with AP on, than to have them speeding 120 through the city with zero regard for safety.

• Upvote 1

Grinding trucking purely for the money calls for people grinding 150 deliveries as soon as possible to begin with, or however many for the significant trucker level update, I forget. This is where most truckers in it for the money get their vice for speeding recklessly: they want to get the Speedo out of the way. Those who still want to farm will find no real use in auto pilot because it leads you through the city at a leisurely 40 MPH, rather than the 120 that your average masked trucker intends to do in vans that are really, really quick when you want them to be.

So basically:

On 10/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, EMC said:

If you are a trucker wanting to make money, you wouldn't use auto pilot to begin with. Its irrelevant. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 3:49 AM, EMC said:

And for fuck sakes people, let's be honest.

Would you rather me be auto piloting around safely at 40mph while "watching youtube" like some people think we're doing,

Or would you prefer my speedo Express that goes 120 to smash into you because I'm watching youtube while driving.

I dont AFK on the server at all really, and I never drive like that personally but the way I see it this would be more sensible. 

And just reiterating: AP while trucking is entirely possible, but it's almost exploit-ish they way you have to do it. 

This is a really bad mentality you got there.

Obviously denied.