Allow Auto-Pilot to be used while Trucking.

EMC

Just now, Phased said:

Still gotta hop out every  few minutes to RP.  I think the ability to skip the driving part takes more away from the scriptwise job than any roleplay around the job.   

Amazing point bro, most trucking runs are no more than a couple of minutes in one direction, there is hardly a chance to go "afk and money grind" at all. 

2 minutes ago, EMC said:

Then report them for it if you can prove it.

Yeah man, I get what you're trying to say but I just feel that the whole situation could be avoided if it wasn't added at all. We don't know what everyone's up to...

I respect your point though, it could be added on a trial basis after all and see if it actually happens or not.

• Thanks 1

Please refer any opinions and suggestions about the functionality and income related to trucking to the relevant thread.

This is only really to discuss the inability to make use of the auto-pilot function during /startshipment 

Again:

Truckers can STILL USE auto pilot currently, just not during a shipment. Meaning there is an imaginary ghost that takes the AP from my van randomly.

13 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

For science, what happens if you enable autodrive and then /startshipment and choose a job 😄  I bet it only checks when you try to enable it 😉

My question would be when you set a new waypoint while already on the way to one, would this change it to the new waypoint without resetting the auto pilot? 

If it does, I'd imagine this would be possible. 

I have noticed you can do /startshipmemt to pick a spot, do the / command again once the waypoint is set, then cancel so it doesnt count as a job, but then use AP to go to the waypoint and just to the command when you're there again. Same with drop offs.

Edited by EMC
1 minute ago, Sim said:

no lol easiest job ever that pays millions for not doing shit, automating it would just make the only effort that this job has into something nul

you got these people behind the wheel, making it a completely automated job would just kill it

https://streamable.com/ges145

The driving is automated, not the job.

This in no way allows it to be "automated" anymore than anyone else on the server uses it for. People use it for drug runs that make more money than truckers.

All this does is allow us to automate a 5 minute drive that wouldn't of involved anything more than using WASD. I'd like to text, call, use radio, all that good stuff that helps my character develop instead of trucking seeming like quite literally a "money grind".

My thoughts are that if people are going to assume the reasons we want this is to benefit in some way, it probably says more about what your way of thinking is than mine.

I've for no second even considered people would abuse this, those who are making those assumptions are, again, just letting us know what their really up to.

And for fuck sakes people, let's be honest.

Would you rather me be auto piloting around safely at 40mph while "watching youtube" like some people think we're doing,

Or would you prefer my speedo Express that goes 120 to smash into you because I'm watching youtube while driving.

I dont AFK on the server at all really, and I never drive like that personally but the way I see it this would be more sensible. 

And just reiterating: AP while trucking is entirely possible, but it's almost exploit-ish they way you have to do it. 

Edited by EMC