Allow Auto-Pilot to be used while Trucking.

EMC

As some of the people before me, I'll say it again. The auto-drive script was added so you can roleplay whilst you're driving. Simply adding it to such job would just support money-farming which is simply bad and unrealistic and I disagree with the suggestion. Yeah, you'd bring a great point, but it still ruins the roleplay concepts.

5 minutes ago, Koko said:

Rather have money grinding truckers AFK in vans to slowly drive through their clothing runs than the current insanity that unfolds every time a store needs clothes (which is a 45 second route tops at dangerous speeds) with everyone drifting into the Mirror Park parking lot to spill out like roaches. It may also encourage people to take the longer routes that are being currently avoided.

Sorry bro, I think i misread your post in my last reply, wasnt exactly targeted at you.

That's my bad entirely.

1 minute ago, EMC said:

If people are going AFK while driving they should be reported. It's unfair for people to assume that we want something so that we can "AFK money grind".

I dont give a fuck about money, and when I'm on the server I'm on it for a reason, not to go AFK. 

This would allow my character to work on some passive RP while I'm trucking, instead of having to dedicate all my time to managing the script functions of the job, leaving me with not much chance during a run to RP.

Oh don't get me wrong, my past character started his IC career with a heavy RP focus on trucking, I know where you're coming from. But if people fear the "afk money grind", I'd rather have the uninterested truckers cruising at reasonable speeds automatically than what's currently done, is all I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, matejz said:

As some of the people before me, I'll say it again. The auto-drive script was added so you can roleplay whilst you're driving. Simply adding it to such job would just support money-farming which is simply bad and unrealistic and I disagree with the suggestion. Yeah, you'd bring a great point, but it still ruins the roleplay concepts.

I'm confused about this though, you've said that it was added so we can RP while driving, taxi and truck drivers seem like the place where most of the RP while driving would be happening.

And I've said already I'm not a money person, but if someone wanted to use it for work which is entirely the reason people do it irl let them, it's not up to us to decide how people play, if it breaks rules, report it.

Edited by EMC
1 minute ago, matejz said:

If they are using auto-pilot they aren't driving at 90mph sideways around corners.  Far more realistic than the current state of things.

1 minute ago, Phased said:

If they are using auto-pilot they aren't driving at 90mph sideways around corners.  Far more realistic than the current state of things.

Also a good point, but they could just put their feet on their desk and chill, maybe even go AFK and their character would just collect it's money by itself.

Fair point though about the realism though.

Just now, Paenymion said:

Pretty sure nobody would actually "farm" using the autodriving.  It's so slow and stops at red lights.  Anybody interesting in farming could do four deliveries in the time it would take to do one with autodriving 😄

I mentioned this in the reply before this one. They could just walk away from their PC and let it take it's time.

Just now, Paenymion said:

Pretty sure nobody would actually "farm" using the autodriving.  It's so slow and stops at red lights.  Anybody interesting in farming could do four deliveries in the time it would take to do one with autodriving 😄

This is exactly it.

I own a speedo express that hits 120 on a good day, auto pilot is stopping me from getting money as quick. 

1 minute ago, matejz said:

Also a good point, but they could just put their feet on their desk and chill, maybe even go AFK and their character would just collect it's money by itself.

Fair point though about the realism though.

Still gotta hop out every  few minutes to RP.  I think the ability to skip the driving part takes more away from the scriptwise job than any roleplay around the job.