Allow Auto-Pilot to be used while Trucking.

EMC

On 9/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, mj2002 said:

With the average speed being quite low, I think this actually a good addition for truckers. Its much better than how the average player drives anyway. Please add it to all vehicles classes that are capable enough.

6 hours ago, Kimberly said:

The auto-pilot sucks and shouldn't even be on the server. The fact that it doesn't even follow the route and stops randomly justifies that fact alone. It doesn't even stop at intersections! 

Absolutely not. 

Have you tried the new one?

Hey guys! 

Just pointing out this is specifically talking about the use of the INSERT function during /startshipment. 

If you could please put some effort into your reply that would be great, and would help keep this on topic.

Disagreeing with this suggestion on the basis of "the function dosent work to begin with" is astronomically unhelpful and irrelevant, cheers.

PLEASE REMEMBER:

I've already explained how truckers can still use the autopilot function, so you're not stopping anything, it would just make it easier to do.

Edited by EMC
On 9/30/2021 at 9:44 PM, EMC said:

Hypothetically, If you use auto pilot to go to the pickup spot, then use /startshipment, load the van, then use /startshipment again, but don't select a job, just cancel out of it, it resets the job allowing you to then auto pilot again to the drop off stop, where you can use /startshipment again, select the drop-off spot you're now at, and drop it all off.

I've been told it's the same with Taxis, instead of using the meter you just dont use it at all, and charge what you think its worth.

I'm not condoning doing this, I'm just pointing out that the general idea of preventing truckers and taxis from using autopilot is not working anyway, you either have to remove the autopilot from the trucking vehicles and taxis entirely, or let it function normally.

Edited by EMC

Rather have money grinding truckers AFK in vans to slowly drive through their clothing runs than the current insanity that unfolds every time a store needs clothes (which is a 45 second route tops at dangerous speeds) with everyone drifting into the Mirror Park parking lot to spill out like roaches. It may also encourage people to take the longer routes that are being currently avoided.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Koko said:

Rather have money grinding truckers AFK in vans to slowly drive through their clothing runs than the current insanity that unfolds every time a store needs clothes (which is a 45 second route tops at dangerous speeds) with everyone drifting into the Mirror Park parking lot to spill out like roaches. It may also encourage people to take the longer routes that are being currently avoided.

If people are going AFK while driving they should be reported. It's unfair for people to assume that we want something so that we can "AFK money grind".

I dont give a fuck about money, and when I'm on the server I'm on it for a reason, not to go AFK. 

This would allow my character to work on some passive RP while I'm trucking, instead of having to dedicate all my time to managing the script functions of the job, leaving me with not much chance during a run to RP.