Allow Auto-Pilot to be used while Trucking.

EMC

Short description: 
The new Auto Pilot system is amazing! However, it doesn't work when doing trucking!

Commands to add:

INSERT/AutoPilot to work regardless of /startshipment status.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

For people like myself, who enjoy driving so much, the only time we would use autopilot is during long, boring drives, like when I'm working.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edit: Just for anyone curious, I am not employed with a company, therefore realistically I can install whatever I want in my truck, cheers.

There is also a way around the block for truckers, so it's really not stopping anyone, just making it a bit extra of a mish.

Edited by EMC
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Autopilot bugs out the most during longer routes so I dont think it'd work to begin with.

You can set your destination somewhere halfway and then set it again when you reach it. If it messes up along the way, simply reset the destination marker and reactivate autopilot, and it usually works again.

Would be nice. I'd like to be able to be on my way to the supplier while I choose my route in /startshipment. Save some time. So, I'm supporting.

I can see why they made it not work with trucking though. Imagine if you can just go afk while your truck travels across the map by itself. It would easily turn trucking into almost an afk job. Of course, the only downside to auto pilot at the moment, is how buggy it is.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion, that is the entire point of auto pilot, not saying I'm right though.

The idea behind auto pilot seems more like making vehicles being able to drive by themselves, not some supernatural inability to use it on the same vehicle I was using it on 5 minutes earlier with just because I am running a delivery.

Hypothetically, If you use auto pilot to go to the pickup spot, then use /startshipment, load the van, then use /startshipment again, but don't select a job, just cancel out of it, it resets the job allowing you to then auto pilot again to the drop off stop, where you can use /startshipment again, select the drop-off spot you're now at, and drop it all off.

So essentially, you're not stopping anyone from doing anything.

Edited by EMC