The Park Rangers Discussion

aughh capybara

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

Yes, it is real, more or less. Not on that great scale of things, But VERY rare and ONLY when the city is extremely swamped with calls that simply dont allow the Sheriffs to be able to respond to the county, then they request us to handle calls in the county temporarily until order in the city is restored (for now, anyways). It's only happened three times since the concept was created and frankly I support the idea. PD & SD love having PR arouind to help out (from what we've seen & heard, at least).

Tbh, definitely had moments in FD where calling SD three times for a county scene doesn't work, but I get a response in two second from a ranger and just go with it.

It's obvious that SD are busy, I really don't see how people are annoyed at the fact that SAPR seeks to fill a few holes when it comes to county calls. I've seen maybe one or two SD cars patrolling in the county in forever, meanwhile, PR is at most, a 1-2 minute drive away from any call that comes in up there. I'd rather have a ranger respond to a homicide scene than no-one. 

Yes, park rangers are necessary in my eyes. BUT..

In all honesty, they came about rather abruptly, might just be me as "Lowly player" but I digress.

Park rangers should definitely be a thing, but in my eyes not have an entire faction dedicated to do just that. Make them a subsidiary of some kind to the sheriffs office. Park rangers recently went from 100 plus employees to down about 60-ish.

Personally? I'd love to see them as part of a greater organization, in my eyes they'd be a perfect sub-division of wat could be State patrol / State Police.

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
1 minute ago, Vassilios said:

Honestly, if SAHP was a thing then people would just complain again about another LEO faction monitoring their highway speed or whatever they come up with.

About IRS, it has been decided through a staff discussion that IRS won't happen.

Yes because people would complain about IRS as well. But I understand it's rather slow and complicated roleplay for both. IRS and money launderers.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Yes because people would complain about IRS as well. But I understand it's rather slow and complicated roleplay for both. IRS and money launderers.

Yeah, I think the main point was that a faction dedicated specifically for financial crimes would annoy players a lot because it'd be super easy to get caught.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

Honestly, if SAHP was a thing then people would just complain again about another LEO faction monitoring their highway speed or whatever they come up with.

People have been requesting for a HP faction for years already though.

That aside, I personally think the faction was in a good place when it first started (From what I've seen at least) then somewhere along the lines it took a massive nosedive. The focus of the faction should've been education, community relations and everything else surrounding that. I have yet to see any real effort on that side of things myself and as of now, speed enforcement and general policing around the parks seems to be the jam at the moment.

Edited by kristofer

I’ve only seen the park rangers once or twice and I’ll probably be seeing them more often, but I thought to myself why it wasn’t just made into a division of LSSD. 

Is there a reason they’re an independent agency with the player base we’ve got? 

7 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

Yeah, I think the main point was that a faction dedicated specifically for financial crimes would annoy players a lot because it'd be super easy to get caught.

Can you detail this some more? Because others and myself ended up being quite disappointed when we discovered the IRS won't be a thing. People have been craving passive LEO RP for a long long time now, and back then I was hoping the IRS would help fill that void.

1 minute ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Can you detail this some more? Because others and myself ended up being quite disappointed when we discovered the IRS won't be a thing. People have been craving passive LEO RP for a long long time now, and back then I was hoping the IRS would help fill that void.

Yeah this seems rather unfortunate.

27 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Sadly, I don't think I'd be the right person to explain this as I wasn't apart of the conversations at the time. But from what I read/heard it basically boils down to it being too punishing for players.

Imagine you have 20 players looking through every bank log to catch money laundering. It wouldn't be that difficult to find discrepancies which would in turn cause a lot of arrests or lost money and just demotivate players in the end. I am probably not explaining things quite right and as I said I wasn't present during the conversation so I am just relaying stuff I heard. I wanted IRS too but if staff decided it won't happen then so be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic