The Park Rangers Discussion

aughh capybara

Just now, Daquan Kingston said:

Hunting should be illegal and only licensed through a government entity, under strict rules as in every civilized country. Not sure why the IC government is not doing anything against it and make hunting animals illegal.

We roleplay in America. Hunting in America is a MASSIVE past time and full time job for some. The laws are generally pretty relaxed.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Hunting should be illegal and only licensed through a government entity, under strict rules as in every civilized country. Not sure why the IC government is not doing anything against it and make hunting animals illegal.

There is a hunting license you must get.

18 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Whats all this talk about meth labs, though? I dont think theres been a single time we've found an active moonshine sill let alone a meth lab, nor do we have the means of investigating nor the training to even know what a meth lab looks like. It seems like a whole bunch of "what ifs" instead of "it happened". There's still plenty of "black areas" in the county. I see a lot of people complaining about "speed traps" yet speed traps are a rare thing to begin with.

Stop gaslighting me, but I’ll invite you to read my previous posts as they in detail explain the issue I brought up. It happened, not “if”. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Zach.. said:

One more thing I heard in relation to a tactical team of sorts is new rules/protocols that allow Sheriffs to give Park Rangers jurisdiction over the entire county? Is that something that is real?

Im glad to hear that those are just rumors, appreciate the response.

image.png.f0835b28f6316f52c5cddf0b682b43f0.png

This is the only "rule/protocol" on the matter on the LSSD's side, and has existed since the inception of the SAPR faction. I think it goes without saying that a provision where one agency can fill gaps of another exists in case of emergent circumstances. That being said, nothing exists that just makes us go "lol you're cops of the entire county now", and it certainly is not something new.

As for my personal opinion on the matter this topic is about, it would be nice to see the people within SAPR dedicate more time to realistically portraying their real life counterpart to get in line with the generally server-wide aesthetic. I do think there is a place for this faction, but advise people to be wary about blurring the lines between what this faction set out to do and what it may become.

Edited by lambchops
  • Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

Started off great, now it's just another LSSD so, it has lost all it's charm. Overall, terrible.

Yeah, this.

Feels sort of useless now tbh considering a lot of people don't hunt anymore, hunting is just boring lol.

When I was in PR for a short short time, it felt like either SD V2 or being SD's butt of the joke.

People wanted a 4th LEO faction so badly but wasted it on something that doesn't have longevity. 

Turn it into Highway Patrol? (Reaching idk probably) or give the slot to the IRS, that money script is almost done.

Pills is a cool leader with good intentions but this faction just doesn't serve it's purpose anymore. 

Quality/Quantity of factions. 

These other LEO factions aren't perfect either I shall say, just got called "mate" again, by some dude in PD. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic