The Park Rangers Discussion

aughh capybara

28 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Gordo has animal spawning already actually, however it's only deer & rabbits atm, but it wouldnt take much to increase the hunting zone to include gordo & add a few paths & spawns for boar too, I've always liked Gordo over Chiliad for hunting tbh

yeah but according to this map it's illegal to hunt on gordo, thats all i meant.  look at all that unused area everywhere else, too...

minimap_rangerspsd.png

Edited by Sentryzu
just adding on

They should’ve been fish and wildlife or highway patrol, infact they should just be highway patrol.

Rangers in the US are kind of the Jack of all trades of public service, LEO duties are a third of what they do. They also provide EMS, search and rescue and guidance to National and State Parks. 

SAPR… kinda of had a bad foundation, they took the job of fish and wildlife, and expanded on it. Which for rangers just doesn’t make a lot of sense, yes they deal with poachers, but fish and game management is a FW warden job.

Also their green state trooper hats are horrible. Why they didn’t use the tan hats used by rangers across the United States is unknown. If you guys wanna look like Highway Patrol, just be Highway patrol.

Rangers should’ve been like 1-4 dudes in a station in Chiliad who use jeeps and a cessna. Occasionally helping hikers get by. Not their current hodge-podge of duties. 

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

They should’ve been fish and wildlife or highway patrol, infact they should just be highway patrol.

Rangers in the US are kind of the Jack of all trades of public service, LEO duties are a third of what they do. They also provide EMS, search and rescue and guidance to National and State Parks. 

SAPR… kinda of had a bad foundation, they took the job of fish and wildlife, and expanded on it. Which for rangers just doesn’t make a lot of sense, yes they deal with poachers, but fish and game management is a FW warden job.

Also their green state trooper hats are horrible. Why they didn’t use the tan hats used by rangers across the United States is unknown. If you guys wanna look like Highway Patrol, just be Highway patrol.

Rangers should’ve been like 1-4 dudes in a station in Chiliad who use jeeps and a cessna. Occasionally helping hikers get by. Not their current hodge-podge of duties. 

You actually hit the nail on the head, not going to lie. Our lore is really off and we have requested a name change before, but it will become to much of a hassle with modding and rebranding ourselves overall. California Department of Fish and Wildlife are Game Wardens - they are one massive Department that is politics+Wardens that actually go and enforce the wildlife. California State Park Peace Officers are under the Department of Parks & Rec and really focus on the beaches overall. We are the San Andreas Park Rangers but we focus more on a Warden's job.

Our campaign hats are the only ones we were given - we would love the cool tan, but modding is swamped and not really looking to change small things from what I know of. We are truly a jack of all trades, a lot of Ranger recruitment videos in real life will reference something like that. One day they are helping a domestic, another second they are having a poaching incident, the next they are assisting State Police in a vehicle pursuit. 

As much as a lot of us inside the faction would like to be a HP/State Police and adapt to become that faction? We are not and we try to refrain from it as much as we can. We are very open everywhere on our forums that we are not. Sure we are helping a lot more in policing and such but, we just have an overwhelming presence at times where it makes it feel like we are everywhere and anywhere in the county. We travel from Park to Park, and for our faction? We have had usually had 10-15 on a night the past week or so.. It especially makes it feel like we are everywhere due to the server population going down naturally with people going to sleep.

Why is everyone looking at everything through scripts and money? It's roleplay. Rangers can pretty much do the same thing cops can do, within the park range. They catch you smoking meth there? They cuff you and call state troopers or sheriff. You'd think PD or Sheriff will patrol parks? No they won't.

I personally enjoy rangers around, had quite few interactions with them. Mailman and driving instructors are not needed either, yet why not roleplaying them? Adds more things to do and immersion of actually vivid world. Because what I see when I log in? Is martial law escape from LA movie and not living and breathing city and countryside. Stop asking what's needed people ansd start roleplaying. I am not being toxic btw, just annoyed and tired. 

Also to address actual points, looking at economy realistically is not a good way to go. The ratio is roughly 1=10 so technically 4000$ hourly wage equals 400$ which would be still unthinkable in real life, but we cannot have everything gated by scripts. Yes we are still missing lot of money sinks, people would actually enjoy using. But hunting and fishing or regular hobbies per se. One is more expensive than other and it all depends on how much quality equipment you want to have. You can buy a beaten down rifle somewhere or rusty Rebel and go hunting, but it's always the license that's going to be expansive, because that's how countries regulate everything. License is technically the tax you need to pay from hunting. So not everyone can just go legally hunting, which is why there's poaching.

TL;DR:

Trying to solve every problem stemming from economy in separate manner is useless if you do not address the root.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 2

Love the concept of SAPR, said it from the start, and still do. I was in their first Academy, and a member for months. The promise of passive RP focus around the parks, their conservation and their promotion to the public was really encouraging and inspiring, and I was really dedicated to that ideal.

In reality I found it a rather uphill battle against practices surrounding the arcade meta of LEO RP and circling the map in a vehicle in areas between parks hoping crime would happen in front of them.

I didn't find this passive RP focus the initial pitch of the faction promised (I don't consider driving around in circles passive RP), and I think a lot more effort from the faction has to go to that end, and promoting a core of people that want to RP conservation, tours and the non-LEO side. I tried but I felt drowned out by too heavy a focus on the cop side pf things, which drained my motivation.

Still want to see the faction succeed, but I really want them to explore their niche.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic