The Park Rangers Discussion

aughh capybara

1 minute ago, sherald said:

1. Hunting + Fishing scripts need to be reworked to encourage more people to do it. It would inevitably promote more roleplay in the parks.

2. SAPR people are having fun, people interacting with SAPR mostly have fun, so I don't see any reason to stomp them out and kill that avenue of roleplay. They are primarily passive roleplay focused, which is a refreshing change of pace compared to other LEO factions.

3. SAPR has strict guidelines from LFM. The gist of it is that they are generally prohibited from operating outside state parks unless they are specifically requested to do so by LSSD or witness a felony or a serious threat to public safety occur in front of them while in transit between parks.

Fishing update is already done and it should be implemented soon-ish. Hunting will be worked on in the near future.

As for people bringing up specific situations in the past, you really should find out the /entire/ story before jumping to the conclusion that SAPR is bad, because most of the time you're just spewing false information & misconceptions based on what your friends have told you.

SAPR is a State Police Organization. They are police officers same as PD & SD. It's no secret that the county was severely lacking LEO presence for a good while, even WITH SAPR, the county (outside of the parks) lacks LEO presence unless a scene or call comes from there. Which is no fault to any LEO factions, it's simply due to the majority of calls coming from the city & the city being the most active area. And when a call comes from the county? Most of the time Sheriffs asks SAPR to handle it for them depending on the severity of it. 

If you see Rangers putting traffic duties before being a park ranger, we have report sections for that reason specifically & we hate seeing it just as much as you do. The fact of the matter is Rangers rarely conduct duties outside of the parks, and when they do, its only when someones life is at risk or when Sheriffs specifically ask us to. Sheriffs & PD enjoy having SAPR around to give them a hand with LEO presence, so I'm not sure what the issue is. There haven't been any major problems with SAPR at all, really. SAPR has extremely strict restrictions in place regarding their duties outside of parks & frankly I havent seen any major issues of the LFM restrictions being violated.

It creates RP, people are having fun, whats wrong with that?

Bottom line is SAPR is police, people need to let them do their job & leave it at that. At the end of the day SAPR isn't going anywhere just because you think it's not needed.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 1

Ironically with this logic here we should remove the police force entirely? They can't do their job because city is always a chaos? No.
AS PeopleKind said, there are ways to send your complaints on IC or OOC level. Just like any other faction, you do stupid sh*t you get booted.

@Akali

Just for reference, this is the only survey SAPR has officially placed out.. The other random county survey that came out was just a former member of SAPR, but leadership had nothing to do with it nor did we collect data on it. This is our first one. I'm here for questions overall if people want to ask them but, the only real question I see here in the main thread is "Is SAPR needed" and "What are they doing that LSSD can't". My answer is yes and yes.

We released the survey to get community feedback and we are getting some amazing feedback overall. Some trolls, sure, but even the trolls are making us think about some more stuff we can do. We are praying the hunting/fishing update that one of our members put out helps the overall community engagement out in the parks/hunting zones - as it will really open the opportunities to the public. Sure, we are in the county - but we also came to the conclusion that a lot of hunters don't want to hunt because their isn't really a "gain" for it. The new hunting/fishing suggestion & future update will hopefully help that out a lot and give people the *need* to hunt to supply. 

If anyone has a direct question they want answered feel free to @ me.

edit: If you have complaints about someone's OOC conduct > https://sapr.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1082 > we have this nice form that you can file and we will look into it. We are pretty clear we are willing to accept complaints about SAPR people attempting to act as a primary LEO and focusing outside of State Parks.. But just because you see one, doesn't mean they are always in the wrong. PD/SD/SAPR constantly work together.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 2

SAPR is great.  Admins/LFMs pulling back on civilian employment IMO was a bad idea.

Hunting and fishing DESPERATELY need an update.

Let us hunt on Gordo!

Mount Chiliad is HORRID for hunting.  There is one good area and 1-2 way smaller, less great areas where you can realistically hunt on Chiliad.  Gordo is illegal, and Josiah has no animals.

If possible, maybe add animal spawning range to Mount Josiah and allow us to use that, as well?  Feels like a lot of unused territory.

just some opinions from my slow brain.

5 minutes ago, Sentryzu said:

SAPR is great.  Admins/LFMs pulling back on civilian employment IMO was a bad idea.

Hunting and fishing DESPERATELY need an update.

Let us hunt on Gordo!

Mount Chiliad is HORRID for hunting.  There is one good area and 1-2 way smaller, less great areas where you can realistically hunt on Chiliad.  Gordo is illegal, and Josiah has no animals.

If possible, maybe add animal spawning range to Mount Josiah and allow us to use that, as well?  Feels like a lot of unused territory.

just some opinions from my slow brain.

Gordo has animal spawning already actually, however it's only deer & rabbits atm, but it wouldnt take much to increase the hunting zone to include gordo & add a few paths & spawns for boar too, I've always liked Gordo over Chiliad for hunting tbh

• Wuhtah locked this topic