The Park Rangers Discussion

aughh capybara

I can't even fathom looking at the hunting script like some commercial operation, lol. There aren't any rare animals out in San Andreas that are getting poached by commercial hunters... 

You're definitely missing the point of the hunting script, the roleplay surrounding it, and of SAPR, if you're approaching it from the angle of hunting being a "job" or something to do for money. That's not why people go hunting in the real world, not in most places in the United States. Selling some of the meat you may get from hunting is sometimes a thing, but it's not exactly done in the name of profits.

Hunting is recreational to most people. Game wardens serve to make sure that it's done ethically. Their main job is conservation - making sure that game animals aren't being wiped out by poachers (people hunting illegally without tags), and that even legal hunting isn't overwhelming the animals.

If you're going to have hunting roleplay, you need to have game warden roleplay as well. Their role is central to hunting.

2 minutes ago, Zani said:

Just as a notice (for everyone also), the SAPR have very heavy restrictions on themselves with regards to how they exercise their law enforcement powers. Yes, the San Andreas Park Rangers are a fourth law enforcement faction. By definition, this is true. The agency is a state-level agency and they provide for a lot of roleplay. They don't answer calls unless it's park/forest related, within the bounds of what SAPR should be handling, if it happens right in front of a Ranger (because otherwise, imagine a Ranger driving away as you need help), or if they're requested to take the call or assist.

As a player, I have never seen any sort of passive RP SAPR has provided. While yes, they are law enforcement, they also have a duty to protect the wildfield and the national parks which in my view has been abandoned to purely act like the LSSD. You say they only do forrest related shit, I've been over byu them for speeding only for tem to exit their vehicles 4 deep to aim weapons at me (I evaded for a few seconds). They provide nothing new and exciting to the server other than patrolling a section of the map thats relatively dead most of the time. They do not provide anything benefical for the server.

53 minutes ago, starbuck said:

i initially thought park rangers was cool when I though they would play a more non-leo park ranger/nature conservation role with some influence to preventing wrongful or illegal hunting. but from what I’ve seen ingame they are essentially a LSSD copy and act more like a state wide law enforcement faction 

Was gonna comment but you summed up my thoughts exactly here.

• Upvote 1

1. Hunting + Fishing scripts need to be reworked to encourage more people to do it. It would inevitably promote more roleplay in the parks.

2. SAPR people are having fun, people interacting with SAPR mostly have fun, so I don't see any reason to stomp them out and kill that avenue of roleplay. They are primarily passive roleplay focused, which is a refreshing change of pace compared to other LEO factions.

3. SAPR has strict guidelines from LFM. The gist of it is that they are generally prohibited from operating outside state parks unless they are specifically requested to do so by LSSD or witness a felony or a serious threat to public safety occur in front of them while in transit between parks.

• Wuhtah locked this topic