Keep the map mod or not?

Nervous

Keep the map mod?  

1,010 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't understand why y'all keep adding more and more mods that decrease performance when we are currently in a hardware crisis and people can't afford to upgrade their PCs ( GPUs that were 300$ 2 years ago are now 600$ ).

You're catering to maybe 200 players who have PCs worth a thousand dollars and screwing over everyone else. Having an FPS of 40 in Davis is horrible. This is a 2013 game.

Edited by averycoolguy

The current mod is a decent compromise to start with. Some of the more forested mods for the county that people have posted add a few too many trees in odd places. Open meadows aren't a bad thing, and some areas are supposed to look a little more barren and desertic or just have a more sparse kind of tree coverage, mostly shrubs.

Awful map mod.

• Unnecessary.
  • Doesn't wildly change anyone's virtual lives for the better.
  • Highly significant FPS drops.
  • Ugly trees that look out of place and float.
  • Obsession with California is deluded. Half the brand names are dick jokes and you all obsess over some warped idea of California. GTA World > California World.

0/10 It's A No From Me!

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

I don't understand why y'all keep adding more and more mods that decrease performance when we are currently in a hardware crisis and people can't afford to upgrade their PCs ( GPUs that were 300$ 2 years ago are now 600$ ).

You're catering to maybe 200 players who have PCs worth a thousand dollars and screwing over everyone else. Having an FPS of 40 in Davis is horrible. This is a 2013 game.

This game is 8 years old dude. You said it yourself, this is a 2013 game. You don't need a thousand dollar PC or any high end, hard to find graphics cards to run this game. And also, this update doesn't have performance drops. Like it literally has a zero percent performance hit. Anyone having performance drops are likely using graphical mods anyways. I have yet to see any one of my dozen friends with low end PC's complain about low fps from this update. Most of them like it. Those who don't, aren't liking it because of some of the objects it adds, such as hotdog stands, not due to the performance.

Also also, this is an RP game. 40 fps on an RP game is good. You don't need 140 fps when all you're doing is chatting to people in a virtual world. I play gtaw with 40 fps pretty much every day and It's perfectly fine. No issues with the mod either. Honestly, as long as your fps is above 30, that's playable for an RP game. 

Edited by ScarletRose
1 hour ago, averycoolguy said:

Agree to disagree on account of not living in a third world country. 40 FPS is barely playable.

That's what I call being too used to modern hardware Lol.

I played with 30-40 fps on PC for 4 years before getting an upgrade. For you, 40 FPS may be completely unplayable. For me, it's relatively normal.

Here's the thing tho. If someone has a low end PC, they're probably in that same scenario as me, thinking 40 FPS is playable. You're not gonna find someone with a low end PC running at 40-45 fps being like "This is unplayable," That's something only people with good PCs would say, since they're used to higher framerates.

2 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

That's what I call being too used to modern hardware Lol.

I played with 30-40 fps on PC for 4 years before getting an upgrade. For you, 40 FPS may be completely unplayable. For me, it's relatively normal.

Here's the thing tho. If someone has a low end PC, they're probably in that same scenario as me, thinking 40 FPS is playable. You're not gonna find someone with a low end PC running at 40-45 fps being like "This is unplayable," That's something only people with good PCs would say, since they're used to higher framerates.

The problem is that my PC isn't low end, I run no mods, and performance is still shit. There's no need to make it shittier.

<60 FPS is not acceptable on hardware that's only a few years old. When a 2013 game can't get 60 FPS there's something wrong. In our case, it's way too many poorly optimised mods that lower performance to unacceptable levels.

• Wuhtah locked this topic