/examine for vehicles

GoldenEye_

Short description: Implementation of a command similar to /examine but for vehicles that shows its attributes and/or damage.

Detailed description: I believe this idea has been suggested before with a lot of support from the community, but it was never implemented in the game. This command basically shows the description a player has set for their own vehicle. Other players will be able to see it using a command. 

Commands to add: /v(ehicle)examine /v(ehicle)attributes 

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Currently there is no way to inspect a vehicle other than visual aspects of the car, such as dirt level and damage to its parts. I believe the addition of this command will increase overall immersion within the car culture. Some vehicles might have additional modifications that can only be roleplayed. For example, someone might have swapped their transmission and not all the people know how to drive it. There can be things such as gun-racks, stickers, badges and other vanities. It might also improve vandalism roleplay. I've seen people roleplay it in-game but since it doesn't change the car visuals, the owners ignore it most of the time.

Additional information: 

This idea was suggested more than 6 months ago so this topic was made to bump it.

Another topic with the same suggestion

• Upvote 1

Hey, there is a /vitems way to do so. I work in a Parts Store where you could buy "parts" for example pre-build engines, etc-etc. The items then you can place in the car's inventory and when you want to flex or smth you can just tell them to do /vitems. Same goes with stickers, shift knobs and much more. You just have to search, there are a few stores open, at least where I work we're offering real prices not GTA W prices.

9 minutes ago, Zenko said:

Hey, there is a /vitems way to do so. I work in a Parts Store where you could buy "parts" for example pre-build engines, etc-etc. The items then you can place in the car's inventory and when you want to flex or smth you can just tell them to do /vitems. Same goes with stickers, shift knobs and much more. You just have to search, there are a few stores open, at least where I work we're offering real prices not GTA W prices.

Yeah I actually been to one of the stores and bought an engine for my car. Imagine car meetings where not all the people have access to your vehicle, instead of seeing what items there are inside a car, they can easily just /examine it. Yeah, the method you suggested is the best thing we got right now but this addition adds a lot more opportunity for car culture. 

Edited by GoldenEye_
  • Wuhtah locked this topic