[LSNN] A sex worker's confession: "Los Santos isn't safe."

starcaller

7 hours ago, books said:

Username: Phoebe H.

Comment: It kinda does qualify as news when the Republican party shot down the sex work legalization bill in the State Senate, which is partly why 'Alice' here has to operate in the shadows?

Username: CWC

Comment: She should get a real job instead of doing what she was forced into. Legal prostitution will create a hive of legal infrastructure for criminal elements. Criminals will hide behind a veil of legitimacy while abusing these women far beyond our comprehension.

Edited by NexusExodus
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

Username: CWC

Comment: She should get a real job instead of doing what she was forced into. Legal prostitution will create a hive of legal infrastructure for criminal elements. Criminals will hide behind a veil of legitimacy while abusing these women far beyond our comprehension.

Username: ValeriaAndreeva

Comment: Addiction isn't an easy thing to overcome and get over, it's a battle that many people clearly lose. Although, I agree with some parts. Legalizing prostitution likely wont be in the favour of the practitioners, but rather benefit the people behind the curtains. 

Edited by starcaller
  • Upvote 1

Username:  Gwws

Comment: There's a myriad of other jobs she could do that are actually legal, it'll break her nails from the hard work but I can assure you it'd pay more or at least be safer, I'd never trade my own safety for a paycheck, would you? Because this line of work isn't legal and isn't safe.

Edit: Shit like this happens all the time, I have Turkish friends who are old-traditioned and I can 100% guarantee turkish "old traditions" don't involve pimping your daughter and shit like that, her father and her husband were just monsters but we shouldn't make a generalization.

Edited by Eestino
  • Upvote 2

Username: Traditional Turkish man

Comment: Wow, this is some hard core bull-shit, you guys should get in-contact with George R.R. Martin and give him some ideas about his upcoming book. I'm a native Turkish person, been to many places due to my military back-ground in Anatolia and European side. You could also call me some kind of a old-traditioned guy but this whole story here got nothing to do with the traditions. These things are gone long-time ago unlike many Middle-Eastern countries Turks are actually still secular to this day. If something like this happened in a city or a village. The person would most likely get punished by the local authorities or the local people it self.Pimping your daughter is nothing but a disgrace to your family name. Let's say for the ake of the argument this whole story is /some-what/ true and he was sold to this /John/ guy. (I believe this was a arranged marriage which rarely happens in the small villages at Eastern Anatolia) The average minimum wage of a Turkish Citizen is 315,23$ for each month and the article states that this John guy owns a MANSION in fucking MEXICO. How could your average Turkish Villager could afford a MANSION in Mexico?  This whole story doesn't make sense at ALL. I believe that the LSNN is getting funded by the Armenian Lobby to tarnish the image of Turks living in USA along with many other minorities. Hopefully someone will step up to end this whole bullshit soon.

Edited by 312squad
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, 312squad said:

Username: Traditional Turkish man

Comment: Wow, this is some hard core bull-shit, you guys should get in-contact with George R.R. Martin and give him some ideas about his upcoming book. I'm a native Turkish person, been to many places due to my military back-ground in Anatolia and European side. You could also call me some kind of a old-traditioned guy but this whole story here got nothing to do with the traditions. These things are gone long-time ago unlike many Middle-Eastern countries Turks are actually still secular to this day. If something like this happened in a city or a village. The person would most likely get punished by the local authorities or the local people it self.Pimping your daughter is nothing but a disgrace to your family name. Let's say for the ake of the argument this whole story is /some-what/ true and he was sold to this /John/ guy. (I believe this was a arranged marriage which rarely happens in the small villages at Eastern Anatolia) The average minimum wage of a Turkish Citizen is 315,23$ for each month and the article states that this John guy owns a MANSION in fucking MEXICO. How could your average Turkish Villager could afford a MANSION in Mexico?  This whole story doesn't make sense at ALL. I believe that the LSNN is getting funded by the Armenian Lobby to tarnish the image of Turks living in USA along with many other minorities. Hopefully someone will step up to end this whole bullshit soon.

Username: ValeriaAndreeva

Comment: John is the man that this woman was sold to. I don’t see where Turkish people are slandered in this article, sir. I’ve only quoted this woman’s EXACT words.

Edited by starcaller

Username: BubbleButt

Comment: I by myself working as a sex worker and I must admit It's indeed hard work. Worst part about this job is when you need to deal with religious people, they will insult you and hate you but same time will want your services, yeah I am talking here about insecure haters. Funniest part is that there is every second guy who offers you to work for them but can not afford to pay for it, ahahahah!

I believe we need to legalize sex work and stop acting shy or insecure about it. Yes, It's time for you haters wipe that mommies milk of your lips and start to become adults. Welcome to reality.

Username: K. W.

Comment: Prostitution has historically been given a bad reputation because it is looked down upon as being a lowly woman’s job. To oppress women financially and legally, it only makes sense that prostitution would carry such heavy consequences and sever social stigma. When women are forced to turn to prostitution, they are oppressed. But when they have laws making it safer for them to participate in sex work, they are given legal protection, and are thus liberated from some of the oppression and abuse they would otherwise face. If every single woman is given the option and ability to become financially independent without having to become involved in sex work, the chain of supply and demand of sex can be broken, and thus female liberation from social norms can be possible. But until then, sex work must be detached from the stereotype of unethical practice, because with the appropriate working conditions, it can function just like any other line of work.

• Upvote 1