Make Kidnapping work similar to the Deathmatching Rule

LizziePup

1 hour ago, St3fan[NL] said:

The problem with Kidnapping in the server is that nobody cares about 'cameras'. Because we have a rule saying only public shops etc (correct me if wrong been on absence) and visible Camera's should be roleplayed. People indeed do it recklessly, if you do it like this IRL you get caught within minutes... Because IRL places are crowded and not empty like in GTAV.

My char once got kidnapped outside the RICHMAN HOTEL. That is a luxury busy hotel, but in GTAV its empty and 'nobody' could warn the cops.

Maybe you should map some cameras into the front of RICHMAN HOTEL then. 

43 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Kidnapping are supposed to be spontaneous. I'm not talking about the planning or the reasoning, but the execution itself. By putting restrictions on it you essentially lower the success rate to about 0 because you're prolonging something that should be in-and-out. Using the breakin system as an example, when you send in the request you're waiting for in excess of an hour sometimes. Depending on where you are, you're putting yourself at a greater risk of being spotted, caught or killed. And through no fault of your own but because the "stages" of a break in are so micromanaged that you've to go through multiple processes before you can execute it.

What people should do is start taking ambience into account. And by ambience I mean surroundings and whereabouts. Because of GTAw's "if there's no players, it's not populated" policy, it gives players the right to be less meticulous. There should be more "safezones" added that would should serve as densely populated areas to discourage the aforementioned robberies and kidnappings. 

The "If there's no players, it's not populated" policy really did turn Los Santos in a post apocalyptic waste land and made problems we already have 10x worse. I'll never understand this policy on a "hardcore" roleplay server. There's absolutely nothing hardcore about it unless we all agree that this is Chernobyl V2. It's something you would expect from a LSRP, but not a GTA:W. It's extremely disappointing. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Martyn said:

The "If there's no players, it's not populated" policy really did turn Los Santos in a post apocalyptic waste land and made problems we already have 10x worse. I'll never understand this policy on a "hardcore" roleplay server. There's absolutely nothing hardcore about it unless we all agree that this is Chernobyl V2. It's something you would expect from a LSRP, but not a GTA:W. It's extremely disappointing. 

But, but.... mY cRimInaL rP .....

IFM insists if it were any different, it would be "detrimental" to criminal RP. Seems to me what's happened has killed civilian RP but hey what do we know 🤣 we're just players on here.

Edited by 99

it disturbs me how much of the community thinks holding right mouse to aim a gun while someone else types the barebone minimum to get the victim's inventory (or get them in a car, in this case) is roleplay

like yeah, i understand theres a stupid disconnection when something that should actually take 30 seconds max ends up taking 5 minutes because of typing, but thats the medium ur in dawg, unless timescale starts getting enforced efficiently (it wont) theres nothing to be done about it unless we just want to take any sort of roleplay away completely

that being said, not sure theres a good solution to this tbh. admins are too overloaded/unresponsive as it is, and frankly with how often people display their p2w attitudes on this server i wouldnt trust someone OOCly to even know im in the area (much less about to kidnap them) without 4 of their friends suddenly materializing out of the void to come "hang out"

i honestly think the best course atm is to just report it. if people are actually resorting to kidnappings just to get a wallet then thats just straight up tomfoolery

• Upvote 1

There probably should be stricter, spelled out rules regarding random, pointless kidnappings. If you have a specific kidnapping target for some reason, that's one thing, that's fine. But randomly kidnapping ordinary people on major streets and tourist attractions and driving them halfway across the map just to rob someone you'd have no reason to suspect has anything valuable on them... is kind of a low quality waste of time.

The way I see it. People are lazy. Robbery or kidnapping is usually the easiest way how to fill up quota for their shotcaller. And it is widespread, because people are lazy or unwilling to invest time into their roleplay. Not saying, that every robbery or kidnapping is like that, but, many. Robberies and kidnappings happen from three reasons. People are bored, so they roll out. They are after guns they sell or keep, or they need fill their gang's quota. The latter can be done in few other ways. But everywhere around the city, drug competition is strong, which is usually the main income of a gang. When nobody wants to buy drugs, their cannot sell their batch, so they are bringing nothing to their gang, which is why they often reach out for a robbery solution, hoping to score a packed lick. But sadly, there's only little that can be done. And gatekeeping kidnappings isn't a solution to the problem, cause kidnapping isn't the problem, too many gangs and too many drugs at one place are the problem. Because drugs are usually the main income of any gang, then come robberies and break-ins and gun trades. What we need is limit the supplier number.  Plus we can always report poorly roleplayed kidnappings.

Edited by Engelbert

Easy solution to the problem is adding Kidnapping to the deathmatching rule. If you have a proper, well developed reason to kidnap someone and you portray it realistically? Go ahead, be my guest. You kidnap someone, just to take them somewhere quiet for a robbery or any other kind of terrible reason? Or if you roleplay it extremely poorly? You can catch an ajail. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 7
  • LizziePup changed the title to Make Kidnapping work similar to the Deathmatching Rule