Make Kidnapping work similar to the Deathmatching Rule

LizziePup

34 minutes ago, Snoot said:

I think we should also go as far as having to ask for permission to shoot someone as well if this gets implemented, I think that would be a pretty good idea. It would save us a lot of forum reports if the defending party accepted the fact that they will get shot now beforehand. 

So before you run or drive up to shoot someone just send them a friendly pm asking for their permission 😊

1 hour ago, fortyfive said:

I think it's better if we should just report to the Admin if we about to initiate a kidnap to someone.

Nah. Admins have to deal with enough reports already, adding to that for a measly kidnapping isn't going to help anyone. It's fine how it is, if you spot any rules broken in the roleplay at hand, just report it. We don't need to restrict absolutely everything on the server to admin approval.

While I understand where the suggestion is coming from, I don't see a feasible way to enforce this rule. Admins are busy enough as it is. It'd be much better to report those who perform a kidnapping for poor reasons on the forum rather than implementing a suggestion that would cause even more of a delay on roleplay scenarios and more pressure on admins that are ingame.

• Developer

The problem with Kidnapping in the server is that nobody cares about 'cameras'. Because we have a rule saying only public shops etc (correct me if wrong been on absence) and visible Camera's should be roleplayed. People indeed do it recklessly, if you do it like this IRL you get caught within minutes... Because IRL places are crowded and not empty like in GTAV.

My char once got kidnapped outside the RICHMAN HOTEL. That is a luxury busy hotel, but in GTAV its empty and 'nobody' could warn the cops.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

The problem with Kidnapping in the server is that nobody cares about 'cameras'. Because we have a rule saying only public shops etc (correct me if wrong been on absence) and visible Camera's should be roleplayed. People indeed do it recklessly, if you do it like this IRL you get caught within minutes... Because IRL places are crowded and not empty like in GTAV.

My char once got kidnapped outside the RICHMAN HOTEL. That is a luxury busy hotel, but in GTAV its empty and 'nobody' could warn the cops.

Never really liked the idea of squashing dumb IC criminals OOC by forcing all criminals to plan everything in advance, always came across ironic making dumb criminals use their heads and plan out crimes extensively to appear more realistic by artificially lowering the number of crimes with the threat of OOC punishments when the vast majority of approved factions and criminal are so well documented for people to RP because the majority of their members IRL are reckless stupid criminals. 

Always thought a nice balance would be if criminals commit a crime in an extremely public area they would be forced to offer over a few details to law enforcement so they can follow a trail and start an investigation from what realistically would have been seen, say their characters height and race if visible or/and the registration of their vehicle if applicable, maybe even their accent - their IC actions would have IC repercussions and would give PD/SD something to bite instead of shrugging at the thought of investigations because there's nothing to go off when 75% of the city is a ghost town and nobody caught anything. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
45 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

I can tell you this is not true, cameras provide people a false sense of security. Crimes are still committed almost openly in camera view every day.

IE - Bank Robberies, ATM Robberies, Vehicle thefts... murder... and they are not arrested within minutes, sometimes ever.

I would argue that these businesses don't invest a ton of money into camera systems. Most in your gas stations and public shops are bought off a shelf from some store. These cameras are not fed to the police where they would immediately get notified and dispatched. Your business owner would need to call the police after he or she witnessed something on the camera and go about it that route. 

Kidnapping are supposed to be spontaneous. I'm not talking about the planning or the reasoning, but the execution itself. By putting restrictions on it you essentially lower the success rate to about 0 because you're prolonging something that should be in-and-out. Using the breakin system as an example, when you send in the request you're waiting for in excess of an hour sometimes. Depending on where you are, you're putting yourself at a greater risk of being spotted, caught or killed. And through no fault of your own but because the "stages" of a break in are so micromanaged that you've to go through multiple processes before you can execute it.

What people should do is start taking ambience into account. And by ambience I mean surroundings and whereabouts. Because of GTAw's "if there's no players, it's not populated" policy, it gives players the right to be less meticulous. There should be more "safezones" added that would should serve as densely populated areas to discourage the aforementioned robberies and kidnappings. 

• Applaud 2
  • LizziePup changed the title to Make Kidnapping work similar to the Deathmatching Rule