Performance drop, map mod 25/SEP/2021

Now You See Me

23 hours ago, roymar said:

NVE is a famous mod that a lot of people use, and restricting people from using it on the server could lead to players just quitting because they cannot use their mod anymore.

No one is being restricted from using NVE. If your hardware is capable, and your settings are properly configured, then you can enjoy the new mod together with NVE.

16 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

No one is being restricted from using NVE. If your hardware is capable, and your settings are properly configured, then you can enjoy the new mod together with NVE.

I have been using NVE for almost a year and I never had a problem with it, even when it was far less optimized and I still had the game on a HDD. The new trees impacted a lot on my performance and they do not allow me to run a smooth game, unless I crop my textures in a way that makes the game ugly.

Why should I be restricted to use the mod I have been using for a year because of a heavy mod the server decided to implement? It should be the user's discretion if they want to use the mod or not because it can heavily impacts on performance. 

27 minutes ago, getmoney said:

lol nve literally makes u lose all textures and have invisible floors if a PD chase goes past, if anybodys gonna leave because they cant use nve theyre braindead. even people with 3080s have to lower their settings just to use NVE and not get texture loss, there are better alternatives

I never had an issue with chases, just areas of high concentration of vehicles. 

I am just fighting for my right to play the game as I want, with the mods I want and like. This new mod, is something that impacts a way or another on people's computers. The server should implement a way to disable the mod client-wise for those who don't want it because of its weight on the requirements. 

Also, I would like to reiterate that if you think that this mod increases the roleplay, it does not. Everyone has been asking for just a couple of objects to map their property exteriors, and fuel their roleplay that way, instead of locking the exterior mapping behind a paywall. The admin team always talked us out saying that it wasn't realizable because it would negatively affect the performance. Then they add 10k objects. I have no words.

Where do you put the line in supporting modded games? In my opinion, the server should aim for the game to run well on a vanilla setup and anything past that is up to the user. I don't run NVE but from what I've heard it's unoptimized, some users have given NVE solutions a few pages back. If I get any other ENB/graphic mod from a random dude and it lags due to the server, should I restrict the server because I want that mod? This is in no way a jab or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, roymar said:

Why should I be restricted to use the mod I have been using for a year because of a heavy mod the server decided to implement? It should be the user's discretion if they want to use the mod or not because it can heavily impacts on performance. 

It completely is at your discretion to use NVE, or not use NVE.

Edited by mj2002
4 hours ago, roymar said:

I have been using NVE for almost a year and I never had a problem with it, even when it was far less optimized and I still had the game on a HDD. The new trees impacted a lot on my performance and they do not allow me to run a smooth game, unless I crop my textures in a way that makes the game ugly.

Because NVE added 4K texture mods for the trees that even the textures themselves are 370MB in size, these textures aren't that optimized to be run with a bunch of mods. These textures are the core of the problem for NVE with unoptimized RAGEMP with object rendering, there was a car meet with 45+ cars and 50+ players in one area and my game textures basically just goes bye bye with only NVE even without the ENB and it just shows how heavy the game already is with NVE and added with the extra stress from RAGEMP's part with the players and cars.

Try the tree mod here: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/grand-theft-auto-v-remastered-add-on

Go on singleplayer and compare the game with and without update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday18ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\props\vegetation.rpf removed, you'll see the difference.

This is not really anyone's fault because NVE should and would run fine if you're in singleplayer since you wouldn't have too many mods to make the game this heavy, but for GTAW's case you will always face texture loss with NVE if you don't remove the vegetations and can we really blame GTAW for this? I don't think so as well, it might be even because of RAGEMP with how it renders players and cars, etc. And I don't think GTAW should remove some of its mods just because people with NVE are having an issues, if the server is fine to be run with vanilla GTA V, then in my opinion it's good. It's also been brought up to Razed and that's how we figured out vegetation.rpf was the problem.

I believe you can actually run the game just fine during peak hours without those vegetation.rpf, it helps my PC atleast that during peak hours I don't see loss textures that quickly. Either way, people with Ryzen 7 5800x w/ RTX3080 are facing this problem as well with NVE when playing GTAW if they have vegetation.rpf.

NVE during peak hours w/ 50+ cars, 50+ players:

gta-world-camera-2021-7-5-0-2-54.png

NVE when there's an event in Legion Square with 100+ players:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_2021.07.05

Incredible amount of whining about things that are easy fixes. I think the map mod is great, but some of the objects could use a little tweaking. There’s no need to outright remove it, especially when things seem to point to graphical mods causing the issues.

Edited by Lazarus

Even if I didn't have a noticable drop in my frames.

I did notice that all the trees are kept loaded in at high quality? Even at far distances. They do not turn into LOD's, which could explain the performance drop some people have? Maybe it's not just the trees, but you can't really test this with the benches placed around.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:15 AM, Oggy said:

NVE is the cause of most texture loss issues aswell.

Sorry to say, cause I do like the look of NVE too, but you are using a mod that simply is not optimized for the RAGE client.

NVE adds its own form of vegetation which already causes lag to your own game and hence, NVE users get texture loss much quicker than everyone else.

I use NVE, the simple fix is switching your graphics settings in the GTA settings to Medium. (NVE creators stated this and it worked)

20 hours ago, mencurry said:

Because NVE added 4K texture mods for the trees that even the textures themselves are 370MB in size, these textures aren't that optimized to be run with a bunch of mods. These textures are the core of the problem for NVE with unoptimized RAGEMP with object rendering, there was a car meet with 45+ cars and 50+ players in one area and my game textures basically just goes bye bye with only NVE even without the ENB and it just shows how heavy the game already is with NVE and added with the extra stress from RAGEMP's part with the players and cars.

Try the tree mod here: https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/grand-theft-auto-v-remastered-add-on

Go on singleplayer and compare the game with and without update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday18ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\props\vegetation.rpf removed, you'll see the difference.

This is not really anyone's fault because NVE should and would run fine if you're in singleplayer since you wouldn't have too many mods to make the game this heavy, but for GTAW's case you will always face texture loss with NVE if you don't remove the vegetations and can we really blame GTAW for this? I don't think so as well, it might be even because of RAGEMP with how it renders players and cars, etc. And I don't think GTAW should remove some of its mods just because people with NVE are having an issues, if the server is fine to be run with vanilla GTA V, then in my opinion it's good. It's also been brought up to Razed and that's how we figured out vegetation.rpf was the problem.

I believe you can actually run the game just fine during peak hours without those vegetation.rpf, it helps my PC atleast that during peak hours I don't see loss textures that quickly. Either way, people with Ryzen 7 5800x w/ RTX3080 are facing this problem as well with NVE when playing GTAW if they have vegetation.rpf.

NVE during peak hours w/ 50+ cars, 50+ players:

gta-world-camera-2021-7-5-0-2-54.png

NVE when there's an event in Legion Square with 100+ players:

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_2021.07.05

Change your textures to Normal, easy fix.

• Wuhtah locked this topic