Performance drop, map mod 25/SEP/2021

Now You See Me

1 hour ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

We've concluded nothing, only you did.

Works just fine for me. Works just fine for everyone else I hang with. :shrug:

just like the first time around. Infact, this is the first time it's actually being tested during peak times, so how you already concluded it was "Awful" when it was only active for a few hours at most the last time around, is beyond me.

I'm positive the problems lay with the user, and not the map mod. I'm running a GTX 1070 and have 60-70-90 FPS everywhere I go. 

It was previously removed due to the massive backlash of people saying how it negatively affected performance. You've then gone and acknowledged that that happened too in the next line down.

Don't think too hard, it'll hurt your brain

16 minutes ago, Sycamour said:

It was previously removed due to the massive backlash of people saying how it negatively affected performance. You've then gone and acknowledged that that happened too in the next line down.

Don't think too hard, it'll hurt your brain

It was previously removed due to the fact the tree's clipped into the interiors of houses. Causing the unintended side-effect of turning into a rather nice looking fallout-esque vibe. Fact checking before preaching wouldn't go amiss. 🙂

If you want to continue this enjoyable back & forth, reach out privately, as I'd prefer to keep things on-topic. Danke schön

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
19 hours ago, Matt - said:

The map mod was reintroduced today due to it no longer effecting interiors. I am still getting big performance hits from all the added foliage around the city, normally around 20 FPS LOSS.

Currently using NVE, maxed out game settings.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar to this?

NVE is your problem. It has 4K textures for trees in patchday18ng/dlc.rpf which is why you're lagging with the extra trees.

• Upvote 1

Here to report that I am having absolutely no issues with the new map mod. Literally 0 performance hit.

I am using NVR (no enb), as well most of the mods listed on Baboon's Workshop. Zero issues with texture streaming or lag. The map looks amazing too, especially around Zancudo. I'm hoping they keep it.

Here are my specs too if it matters:
i5 10400f
GTX 1650 super
8GB ddr4 ram (gonna get an upgrade on that soon)
Game is running on a hard drive due to lack of space of my ssd

Edited by ScarletRose

3080 user here.

No massively-altering experience with the latest version of NVE. I run GTA in 4K and traverse the map all day from Davis, Mission Row, to Paleto as FD folk. Do the following tricks to maximize your fun at no cost of FPS:

• Replace 'patchday18ng' file in DLC folder with Vanilla. This combats the texture loss all NVE folk have. You can keep the 'mpspecialraces' to get the full benefit of NVE lights. (Credits to USER.)
  • Turn Ambient Occulsion off. Saves you ~20 FPS. Try to alter your brightness and saturation instead.
  • Reduce Shadows to High. No noticeable difference between Ultra/NVIDIA PCSS and High with Softer or Softest. Saves you ~1GB VRAM.

I am able to retain 4K60 with these settings, and should work for all regardless of your specs. FHD/2K players may alternatively turn on MSAA to minimize jaggedness. I tested the map mod in a morning session and noticed a ~5 FPS drop at Mirror Park when all vegetation loaded on screen at once. Experience may vary with the player, weather, and time factors.

Edited by Vitta
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

It was previously removed due to the fact the tree's clipped into the interiors of houses. Causing the unintended side-effect of turning into a rather nice looking fallout-esque vibe. Fact checking before preaching wouldn't go amiss. 🙂

If you want to continue this enjoyable back & forth, reach out privately, as I'd prefer to keep things on-topic. Danke schön

Just to clarify: it was actually removed because of the trees and the performance issues it provided as can be read here: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/59915-map-changes-feedback-thread/page/3/

''The mod will be removed for now due to the performance impact & trees in interiors.''

A modder said that that a lot of performance issues were reported by people who run with mods and therefore they experienced performance issues. However, others on this thread state and show that even with unmodded games, they still experience performance issues. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic