Performance drop, map mod 25/SEP/2021

Now You See Me

1 hour ago, Koko said:

This is actually from before this patch lol, I know that table and it's been there for at least 6 months mysteriously.

Where's it at?

Also I had maybe around 10-15 fps loss, lowered shadows from very high to high and it is fine again.

23 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

Uninstalled NVE, went to NVR and same issues as I had before: Major FPS drops where I used to get 144 before, to the point of 35-60 FPS at the same area.

That's insanity, are you running shadows at very high? No way you're getting 144fps and dropping to 35 unless there's something wrong with your computer.

Biggest FPS drop I've seen while driving through the new demanding forest-like area by Fort Zancudo is maybe 25 or so fps? I'm running QuantV on Ultra at 2k with a 3080TI which normally averages out at around 80 - 90 fps and I very rarely if at any point went below 60fps.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
1 hour ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Are you serious? What's next? In the server application do they have to list their system specifications, and if they don't have at least an RTX 3060 and 32GB of RAM, they don't get accepted because their computer can't run this server well? This is a roleplay community, not "I'm better than you because my computer can handle these mods with ease." There are people getting 20fps at 800x600 resolution and still have to install low-end graphics mod but provides great roleplay to the community.

The fact of the matter is, many people are suffering this unnecessary addition to this server that contributes NOTHING to our roleplay. My game runs fine but I know a lot of people who are getting significant impacts. Like you said, it's selfish to keep those mods.

I have yet to see a single person playing GTAW with a low end PC who is complaining about fps drops from this new update. I have plenty of friends with low end PCs who are running this update just fine. Most of the people complaining are NVE users running the game at maximum settings at 4K who are upset that they went from 80 fps down to 70. This map mod isn’t supposed to have a huge performance hit. For me personally, I still drop more fps from just 2 PD vehicles on a traffic stop with their sirens on, than this entire mod.

And truth be told, if anyone is using a PC that is struggling to run an 8 year old game, they need an upgrade. This game doesn’t have a high minimum spec requirement to begin with. To put into perspective, my Alienware Alpha from 2014, with the most abysmal specs you can think of, was able to run gtaw at 30 fps on high settings. I was even able to use Redux graphics no problem, albeit some fps drops which i was okay with. You would have to be using a really really outdated PC to be struggling to run the game above 20 fps at 800x600 resolution at low settings. If that’s anyone, they should get an upgrade. It’s 2021. You can’t be using 2010 hardware forever. Technology will leave you behind if you do. This map mod is a good example.

Are we really thinking on removing this mod because 1% of the playerbase is using 10 year old hardware? 

20 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

That's insanity, are you running shadows at very high? No way you're getting 144fps and dropping to 35 unless there's something wrong with your computer.

Biggest FPS drop I've seen while driving through the new demanding forest-like area by Fort Zancudo is maybe 25 or so fps? I'm running QuantV on Ultra at 2k with a 3080TI which normally averages out at around 80 - 90 fps and I very rarely if at any point went below 60fps.

Nothing wrong with my computer, really. Went around the airport, as usual, and I notice extremely different FPS in the area, sometimes even just looking a different direction causes it. No issues in other  games as well.

Uninstalled NVR and ENB, same area at 60 FPS where I had 144 before. Definitely something related to the update, not my PC or mods.

Edit as example:
73fe1200a0989d132d588d00c8d5a57f.jpg?wid

18125fd735b474ec6b4e8051662f651f.jpg?wid

Edited by Airwolf
5 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

Nothing wrong with my computer, really. Went around the airport, as usual, and I notice extremely different FPS in the area, sometimes even just looking a different direction causes it. No issues in other  games as well.

Uninstalled NVR and ENB, same area at 60 FPS where I had 144 before. Definitely something related to the update, not my PC or mods.

I'll zoom around the airport and see if I get zoinked too just in case

1 hour ago, Sycamour said:

-30fps on a GTX 1080. Incredible that we've already concluded it was awful and now need to go for a round 2 before they believe us

We've concluded nothing, only you did.

Works just fine for me. Works just fine for everyone else I hang with. :shrug:

just like the first time around. Infact, this is the first time it's actually being tested during peak times, so how you already concluded it was "Awful" when it was only active for a few hours at most the last time around, is beyond me.

I'm positive the problems lay with the user, and not the map mod. I'm running a GTX 1070 and have 60-70-90 FPS everywhere I go. 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • Wuhtah locked this topic