Performance drop, map mod 25/SEP/2021

Now You See Me

13 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

When we could have streaming distance at 350 meter, people kept complaining about texture loss so it was lowered and lowered again to satisfy the lack of high-end setup some don't have. Now we have been forced to add this mod, which is not very good looking at all and significantly impacts the performance of many players. Nobody requested this mod to be added and it certainly does not affect anyone's roleplay. People shouldn't have to lower their graphics settings for a mod that adds nothing other than terribly placed props and trees into the world.

If we are gonna keep this mod, why not increase the streaming distance back to 350 meters? It's not like we care about people using low-end computers anyway.

Hate to be one of them people but GTA V on PC is around 8 years old at this point. Selfish but we shouldn't hold back progression -- big or small -- because of some people's extremely outdated hardware.

Also want to add a lot of people complaining about performance loss are also running high-end graphic mods that normally run off ENBs which have always been heavy on performance with it's frankenstein-esque implementation.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 3
19 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Selfish but we shouldn't hold back progression -- big or small -- because of some people's extremely outdated hardware.

Are you serious? What's next? In the server application do they have to list their system specifications, and if they don't have at least an RTX 3060 and 32GB of RAM, they don't get accepted because their computer can't run this server well? This is a roleplay community, not "I'm better than you because my computer can handle these mods with ease." There are people getting 20fps at 800x600 resolution and still have to install low-end graphics mod but provides great roleplay to the community.

The fact of the matter is, many people are suffering this unnecessary addition to this server that contributes NOTHING to our roleplay. My game runs fine but I know a lot of people who are getting significant impacts. Like you said, it's selfish to keep those mods.

• Upvote 1
Just now, QuadTurboW16 said:

Are you serious? What's next? In the server application do they have to list their system specifications, and if they don't have at least an RTX 3060 and 32GB of RAM, they don't get accepted because their computer can't run this server well? This is a roleplay community, not "I'm better than you because my computer can handle these mods with ease." There are people getting 20fps at 800x600 resolution and still have to install low-end graphics mod but provides great roleplay to the community.

umm-confused.gif

• Wuhtah locked this topic