Tow locked cars

cracked

1 hour ago, Helm said:

Using it as a deterrent against people who were abusing tow trucks just to scrap vehicles or whatever isn't how it should be handled.

It is how it should be handled because the abuse basically made locks / alarms / anti-theft useless. It's fine as is.

I support this, Car alarms would get triggered if the vehicle gets towed while lock, what's the issue? The car alarm is the BALANCE. Almost all modern car alarms will activate in real life if you start towing it while it's locked.

Let people tow damn it! 

On 9/23/2021 at 6:38 PM, f0rty said:

Well, then wont most robbers just take a tow truck and go around picking up cars then?

That was a thing a while back and my guess would be that this system was put in place to counter it.

and OP and t wasnt rare for robbers to tow away cars. I still recall seeing people roam around in mechanic trucks like sharks. People just started to /vpark their cars and that dint help anyone.

im against changing this feature

11 hours ago, Late said:

I support this, Car alarms would get triggered if the vehicle gets towed while lock, what's the issue? The car alarm is the BALANCE. Almost all modern car alarms will activate in real life if you start towing it while it's locked.

Let people tow damn it! 

As long as alarms trigger I don't see why not, agreed.

i don’t think you guys realise that vehicle alarms in game already trigger when being towed, it’s been a thing since the alarms came out

plus, even when this prevention of towing wasn’t a thing, there was no meta of towing cars away to steal them, that’s never been  meta on the server

2 hours ago, EMC said:

Have fun towing a vehicle with its handbrake on.

You can put skates under the wheels and drag it onto the bed with the winch, it's relatively straight forward. 

I can't believe people are against this suggestion. It benefits everyone from towing cars off their property to sophisticated vehicle thief. If you're worried about your car being stolen buy alarm?! 

Edited by Late
On 9/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, Camacho said:

Fine as is. You can't trust this community to not abuse stuff like this

terrible take lol.

+1 on the idea, tow operators shouldn't have to carry lockpicks to do their job.  The LSSD routinely pays contract tow people, and I see abandoned/crashed cars around the city all the time.

• Wuhtah locked this topic