Ability to cover tattoos

Waterflaps

1 minute ago, Kaz said:

No, that's such a silly response.

Police Cover Tattoos

I mean you can do either, right? Nobody will stop you from using a longsleeve shirt, or using a short-sleeve with those tattoo covers. What I'm saying is that this simply isn't feasible, because you won't be able to make a mod for this and make it look any good IMO.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I mean you can do either, right? Nobody will stop you from using a longsleeve shirt, or using a short-sleeve with those tattoo covers. What I'm saying is that this simply isn't feasible, because you won't be able to make a mod for this and make it look any good IMO.

Bet. I'll give it a try.

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna support this. The time it'd take to script this is quite frankly trivial. All you'd have to do is this:

[Command("covertattoo")]
public void SettingTattoo(Client player, String zone)
{
  int tattoozone;
  switch(zone)
  {
      case "left arm"
        tattoozone = 0;
      //Continue this for all the options and actually link the correct zone.
  }
  if(player.getDecoration(tattoozone)!="whatever the 'no tattoo' option is")
  {
  	player.SetDecoration("invisible tattoo");
  }
  else
  {
    check which tattoo the player has on the designated zone and store it;
    if(this tattoo is the invisible tattoo)
    {
      NAPI.Chat.SendMessageToPlayer(player, "There is no tattoo to cover/uncover here.");
    }
    else
    {
      player.setDecoration(the tattoo that is meant to be there);
    }
  }
}

Of course this is pseudocode but you get the general idea I'm going for.

2 minutes ago, RoadTrain_ said:

I'm gonna support this. The time it'd take to script this is quite frankly trivial. All you'd have to do is this:

[Command("covertattoo")]
public void SettingTattoo(Client player, String zone)
{
  int tattoozone;
  switch(zone)
  {
      case "left arm"
        tattoozone = 0;
      //Continue this for all the options and actually link the correct zone.
  }
  if(player.getDecoration(tattoozone)!="whatever the 'no tattoo' option is")
  {
  	player.SetDecoration("invisible tattoo");
  }
  else
  {
    check which tattoo the player has on the designated zone and store it;
    if(this tattoo is the invisible tattoo)
    {
      NAPI.Chat.SendMessageToPlayer(player, "There is no tattoo to cover/uncover here.");
    }
    else
    {
      player.setDecoration(the tattoo that is meant to be there);
    }
  }
}

Of course this is pseudocode but you get the general idea I'm going for.

A dev did actually make a command to hide tattoos, but I believe it was denied by Panda. I think he specifically wants clothing to cover it rather than magically hiding tattoos.

Edited by Kaz
Just now, Kaz said:

A dev did actually make a command to hide tattoos, but I believe it was denied by Panda.

Didn't know that. I just figured I'd show how easy it would be to implement this considering people appeared to be worried about this taking time away from other projects. But if the code already exists and the community would be in favour of this, then it wouldn't be an issue, and a mod wouldn't be needed.

4 hours ago, Exodus said:

OP is clearly coming from the legal side of factions, where factions like SD require tattoos to be covered up. Instead of wearing long sleeves, that way one person can actually RP the hot climate we have in LS and have his tattoos covered up at the same time.

I'd be more than glad to see this in, assuming you have a coverup sleeve mod for GTA 5. Otherwise a modder will need to make it, which can be a lot of effort.

If someone is RP'ing the hot climate you think it's better to wear two pieces of clothing rather than one?

Long sleeve uniform is one piece.

A shirt and then something to cover up the tattoo's (undershirt) would mean two pieces, therefore being hotter than if they just wore the long sleeved shirt.

4 minutes ago, Jura said:

If someone is RP'ing the hot climate you think it's better to wear two pieces of clothing rather than one?

Long sleeve uniform is one piece.

A shirt and then something to cover up the tattoo's (undershirt) would mean two pieces, therefore being hotter than if they just wore the long sleeved shirt.

They are quite thin sleeves that vary in size and length. It can reach the end of a short sleeve shirt and cover up the rest of the arm.

Even then, this suggestion isn't about, so let's not take it there. If there's a mod for it, it shouldn't be a problem to add.

4 minutes ago, Exodus said:

They are quite thin sleeves that vary in size and length. It can reach the end of a short sleeve shirt and cover up the rest of the arm.

Even then, this suggestion isn't about, so let's not take it there. If there's a mod for it, it shouldn't be a problem to add.

You literally took it there with your comment regarding RP'ing climate.

Options are already there for covering tattoo's, this isn't needed.

• Kaz locked this topic